Hey GB&C, please confirm your godliness to me!

Basically, the sound keeps cutting off. By moving the cable around inside the guitar it will go on and off like i said. Here's what i know:

I opened the input socket (couldn't be the pups, i tried selecting both) and found that of the two wires connected to the input, one of them had loose connections that look like they've simply broken off.

This isn't the actual socket, but i'm talking about the circled part.

In my guitar those intertwined wires are messed up and, basically, shooting off in other directions. It doesn't look right.
Question: Is it enough just to solder the loose bits of wiring to the others?
Or should they be connected directly to the tip where the wire, as a whole, ends up?

Please, i don't know much about these things and i hope i got my message across. Any help will be praised thank you!!
You'd better give to a guitar shop closeby, they'd take 5$ or something else like that i guess.
There can be a possibility that you can need to change that cable, or either cut it from back and re solder from there.
There aren't really many accessible guitar shops around here, also i don't know how trustworthy they'd be...are you sure? I'd consider it a sort of last resort.

edit: Ah, right. Well, thanks for the quick reply, i might try to take it today
Last edited by Basti95 at Jan 20, 2012,
Here we dont make anything about guitars, shops take care all of it for just little amount of money. Sometimes for free on the shops you generally visit and buy picks& cables etc. Well, if the problem isnt on cable, you'll have to go to a shop.
Quote by cemges
Here we dont make anything about guitars, shops take care all of it for just little amount of money. Sometimes for free on the shops you generally visit and buy picks& cables etc. Well, if the problem isnt on cable, you'll have to go to a shop.

In Italy you have to pay richly to get anyone to go a little out of their way

What if i tried soldering first? I know it can't be a problem with anything else. I'm thinking of disconnecting the part i'm talking about (in blue in pic), straigthening out the strings and re-soldering.
Or do you think it's just not worth it even for the sake of experience?