I was looking around for a good volume pedal and I came across this:

"You only get "tone suck" when you allow a high impedance pot to drive a reactive load - and so a high impedance volume pedal like the EB or the Boss FV-500H simply MUST be interfaced with an appropriate buffer amp.

This is exactly the same reason why volume controls on passive guitars are inadequate - the reactance of a guitar cable is simply too great, and those 250K/500K pots react with very audible effects. This is simply a compromise left over from the ancient passive technology used in the guitars we like so much."

Will someone please put this into layman's terms? I'm not an idiot when it comes to this stuff, but I'm confused by the whole high impedance/ reactive load/ buffer amp/ passive guitar part. Will someone explain what that stuff is? Thanks.
2010 Fender American Standard Stratocaster
2011 PRS SE Santana limited edition of 25
2007 Ibanez SZ520QM-VCB
2009 Washburn Renegade WM23
Vox 20W Valvetronix

By reactance he means capacitance. A cable has capacitance, but other loads have both capacitance and resistance. A volume pedal is resistive and putting a buffer between the guitar and a volume pedal will reduce tone suck.

However, he is claiming you need a buffer after the volume pedal, which is pretty much a stupid statement. All devices in front of an amp and the amp input are designed to be driven by a guitar pup. A high impedance volume pedal is just fine in that circuit.

Pups can be a little more picky about tone suck. Hot pups have a high source impedance and suffer more than lower impedance pups. Bottom line... don't worry about it, but having a buffered pedal before a volume pedal is a good idea.