Page 1 of 2
So I just bought a gas mask. Israeli made, apparently they used them in their army at some point.

Anyone else have an odd fascination with them, or own one?
BAT MAN.
dirtbag ballet by the bins down the alley
as i walk through the chalet of the shadow of death
everything that you've come to expect

I have a gas mask (thought it was Soviet for ages but apparently its german from ww2) and it's on top of a cupboard. I found it really cheap at a market.
cat
i know this dork who thinks it's cool to wear a gas mask when playing shows with his crappy band.
mugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmug
Are you my mummy?
Gear:
Peavey Millennium 4 BXP
Peavey TNT 115
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Blackstar Ht-1R
This should probably be filed somewhere in the "Who Cars A Lot?" thread. If there's not a "Who Cars A Lot?" thread, it should be made so that this can be filed somewhere in it.
Do you feel warm within your cage?

And have you figured out yet -

Life goes by?
Quote by Hydra150
There's a dick on Earth, too
It's you
I really like futuristic war type art with picture of people in gas masks for some reason.

Like I'd really like a tattoo like this

However having dug a hole for 2 hours in one in the middle of summer in a NBC suit I have no desire to ever wear one again.
Hello I Am Sid Wilson From Slipknot And I Wear Gas Mask.
Stand up and cheer if you like SimCity

Play Up Pompey, Pompey Play Up
THE WiLDHEARTS

Quote by goest
I'm going to take this opportunity to initiate my campaign to replace the phrase "Taking a shit" with "Busting a grumpy."
Quote by Greenie_777
I really like futuristic war type art with picture of people in gas masks for some reason.

Like I'd really like a tattoo like this

However having dug a hole for 2 hours in one in the middle of summer in a NBC suit I have no desire to ever wear one again.

I second that
I think gas masks are pretty cool. I was looking them up the other day and I was planning on getting the one you have now TS.
If Rock is a life-style, then Metal's an addiction

Yelloooow!

Of The

UG Challenge

Gas masks are oddly fascinating, yes. Whenever I wear one i feel like i've just escaped from a vault 101 (although I've only done so, like, twice)
A buddy of mine kept one in his locker in highschool.

Come to think of it......that was a little disturbing.
Weirdo.

I mean, I guess they're cool for historical puposes and stuff.
“Just to sum up: I would do various things very quickly.” - Donald Trump
Well the gas mask belongs in the group of things that remind me of death yet send very satisfying shivers down my spine. The air raid sirens belong in the same category.
Also, pictures like these are awesome:

Gozd in gora poj,
silen ženimo hrup,
uboga gmajna, le vpup, le vkup,
le vkup, le vkup z menoj,
staro pravdo v mrak tulimo,
da se pretulimo skozi to zimo
LOL! I have one in my basement somewhere. After 9/11 my then girlfriend's mother was afraid that NYC would get gassed and she bought one and mailed it here. It's never really been out of the box and is I'm sure useless by now.
Quote by Spud Spudly
LOL! I have one in my basement somewhere. After 9/11 my then girlfriend's mother was afraid that NYC would get gassed and she bought one and mailed it here. It's never really been out of the box and is I'm sure useless by now.

I can't imagine the filters deteriorating that quickly
Quote by RPGoof
I can't imagine the filters deteriorating that quickly

They would be a lot less usefull after more than 5 years. They might still work if you kept them in the original (airtight) packaging though. There should be some kind of date on that, too.
Quote by Greenie_777

This. Those masks are not suited for digging OR speedmarching!
████████████
████████████
████████████

RNLAF

I Like Planes
There's a couple lying around here somewhere that my grandad kept after WW2. They're a bit creepy, and I wouldn't put one on.
I think it would be fun to get one and then some tank boots and just wear them around.
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
Quote by jakesmellspoo
i know this dork who thinks it's cool to wear a gas mask when playing shows with his crappy band.

I think every town has one of those. lol The douche in my area wears a kilt with his.
Quote by a_hub10
I think every town has one of those. lol The douche in my area wears a kilt with his.

I just imagined bat man running around in a kilt
████████████
████████████
████████████

RNLAF

I Like Planes
Quote by sam b
So I'm the only one who thinks gas masks look creepy as fuck then?

I agree with you on that, but thats part of the fascination.
No, I mean like.. really creepy

Not in a fascination way.. just flat out "what the fuck, get it away from me"

It's the same as that air raid siren you hear on old films/documentaries.. The two go hand in hand for me
Last edited by sam b at Jan 20, 2012,
Page 1 of 2