Do employers look at online degrees with less consideration than regular schools. I have heard some bad reviews of place like University of Phoenix but they also have a few places that are physical schools that you can go to but have all their classes online as well, so your degree doesnt say that you got it online. Do you think it would be harder to get a job with a degree like this?
most of those schools are "for profit" institutions, and yes it will be harder to get a job with a degree like that. However you might be surprised at how many credible universities offer online correspondence courses.
I would think it wouldn't matter if you got a degree online, if you were involved is something that didn't allow you to attend a traditional school. At the same time I can see where employers would be coming form in not wanting to hire people who have a degree online over someone with a traditional degree.
Generally, it depends on the accreditation of the school. If the school has the same accreditation as the best brick-and-mortar universities, which is a regional accreditation, then a degree from that school will generally be widely accepted.
My God, it's full of stars!
i was looking at a place called post university that has online courses and a school in conneticut.
If you want to do online school, do it through a major university and not a for profit school. Check the accreditation of any school like that before going.

Also, from my experiences, online classes are way more work and way tougher than in the classroom classes.
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
Just find a regular school that offers classes online. They pretty much all do. Don't give your money and time to some shady people.
For what it's worth, I actually attend an online university.
Online university degrees are worthless unless you accumulate the credits through a legitimate public/private university rather than a for-profit one (such as University of Phoenix). If your grades sucked go to community college and transfer to another school.
Quote by RPGoof
I think it's generally accepted that if the university has advertising on TV, it isn't worth your time.

But they knew I was just sitting on the couch! What else do they know?!
Quote by guitar102938475
i was looking at a place called post university that has online courses and a school in conneticut.

That was ranked pretty high (higher than the one I attend) on this list of best online universities:

http://oedb.org/rankings

I attend AMU (American Military University), which is a subdivision of American Public University, which is ranked 25 on that list. It's fully accredited, so I imagine that Post is as well
My dad is a COO and his colleagues CEO and president of the company have told me they wouldn't ever hire an online degree person for any position of importance. supervisor is the highest they would allow someone to be hired in at. If they proved themselves they could work their way up.
Quote by FireHawk
My dad is a COO and his colleagues CEO and president of the company have told me they wouldn't ever hire an online degree person for any position of importance. supervisor is the highest they would allow someone to be hired in at. If they proved themselves they could work their way up.

They all sound like dicks
Here's how it works:
Regardless of where you get your degree, employers are gonna want proof that you are capable of doing your job by either contacting your former employers or whoever hired you under an internship.

And for profit schools are gonna charge you up the ass for cash.
My marketing professor is doing her PhD online with Sterling University, so I think it counts.

Quote by Thrashtastic15
But they knew I was just sitting on the couch! What else do they know?!

Everest knows it isn't hard to call them. You are on the phone all day anyway.
Quote by metaldud536
Here's how it works:
Regardless of where you get your degree, employers are gonna want proof that you are capable of doing your job by either contacting your former employers or whoever hired you under an internship.

And for profit schools are gonna charge you up the ass for cash.

Pfft, as if public schools don't? My wife's tuition is much higher than mine (if I actually had to pay the tuition.)
Quote by Dreadnought
Pfft, as if public schools don't? My wife's tuition is much higher than mine (if I actually had to pay the tuition.)

Public schools are considerable cheaper. That's if you're a resident and intend on living at home.
Quote by Extra Ordinary

Everest knows it isn't hard to call them. You are on the phone all day anyway.

Quote by metaldud536
Public schools are considerable cheaper. That's if you're a resident and intend on living at home.

The expensiveness comes from having to pay per credit. I pay about 250 dollars per credit, but I don't take 50 credits a year like my wife does. Granted, its more expensive per credit, but I won't be paying as much per year. Paying out of pocket sucks