Hey guys I thought there was an article on what to take with you when going on a tour or something.

So in a few days I'm leaving my country for a few months, gonna go for a study but also gig around as much as possible, I'm a solo artist (think Buckethead, that's the closest you can get to to describe me) and while I know what I need I'd love to see what you guys would suggest. So get going with your ideas, suggestions, stories! Oh also I can only check in a single piece of luggage with only 20kgs (that'd be I guess somewhere around 40-45 pounds) so I can't really take ALL the things.

GOOD QUALITY toilet paper.
Gear:

Gibson 2005 Les Paul Standard
Fender Road Worn Strat w/ Noiseless pickups
Marshall JCM 2000 401C
Marshall Vintage Modern 2266
Marshall 1960A cab (Dave Hill from Slade's old cab)
Ibanez TS9DX
EHX Little Big Muff
Freshman Acoustic
I'm deadly serious, I got caught out at a gig once and now I NEVER leave for one without a roll.
Gear:

Gibson 2005 Les Paul Standard
Fender Road Worn Strat w/ Noiseless pickups
Marshall JCM 2000 401C
Marshall Vintage Modern 2266
Marshall 1960A cab (Dave Hill from Slade's old cab)
Ibanez TS9DX
EHX Little Big Muff
Freshman Acoustic
tissues, lube, and a laptop with 3g.
My Rig
Fender Blacktop Strat HH MN > Joyo JF-01 Vintage Overdrive > Boss ME50 > Line 6 Spider IV 30

Other Shit
Jim Deacon Acoustic
Yamaha 12 string acoustic

New Amp Fund
£300/700
axe-fx

amps are for whimps
Quote by Kevätuhri
Hail isn't too edgy for posts, posts are not edgy enough for Hail.

Quote by UseYourThumb
You win. I'm done here.
Two most important things to have before setting out on tour:
- a band
- gigs lined up

Do you have those?

I'm trying to imagine an electric guitar shred-fest solo tour, and then trying to imagine an audience. I mean, it's one thing if you're already established like Malmsteen or something, but even he tours with a band.

"gig around as much as possible" suggests to me that you're not sure how much you'll be gigging, which suggests to me that you don't have these things lined up yet.

CT
Could I get some more talent in the monitors, please?

I know it sounds crazy, but try to learn to inhale your voice. www.thebelcantotechnique.com

Chris is the king of relating music things to other objects in real life.
Quote by axemanchris
Two most important things to have before setting out on tour:
- a band
- gigs lined up

Do you have those?

I'm trying to imagine an electric guitar shred-fest solo tour, and then trying to imagine an audience. I mean, it's one thing if you're already established like Malmsteen or something, but even he tours with a band.

"gig around as much as possible" suggests to me that you're not sure how much you'll be gigging, which suggests to me that you don't have these things lined up yet.

CT

Yeah, there's a couple of "super shredder" guys around where I live, pretty impressive skill wise. However they have hard times getting gigs locally. They do score some Japanese tours though.

TS, are you studying in Japan?

Edit: If you read the above post and roll your eyes thinking "well they can't be "that" good", here's a vid of a local shredder in the above position http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vh4hIwehWbs
And no, Guitar Hero will not help. Even on expert. Really.
Soundcloud
Take your guitar, picks, strings, pedals, some books... clothes... and... and... and...

Coffee beans! Hotels have terrible coffee...
Gibson Les Paul Custom (Aged White)
Custom Kramer Baretta
Custom Fender Strat
Epiphone Black Beauty
Epiphone AJ
Marshall JCM900 4201
Blackheart Little Giant
MXR Dist. +
MXR Six Band EQ
MXR Phase 90