I just got an Ibanez RG1420FR (I think that's what it's called, the model name isn't on the back of the headstock like most Ibanez guitars). This guitar has an Edge Pro, which is amazing by far, and I noticed that with this bridge you don't have to cut the ball ends off like the other bridges, such as the Original Edge, Edge III, OFR, etc. My question is, does anybody know if you can still get away with cutting the ball ends off with this bridge? Because I'll be honest, I'd rather just cut them off because trying to keep the ball ends to stay in place in the holders that are on the underside of the bridge is a major pain in the ass, lol.
Gear:
Epiphone SG G-400
Ibanez RG5EX1 modded with Floyd Rose Pro and Dimarzio Crunch Lab and Liquifire pups
Ibanez RG1420FR 10th Anniversary Prestige
Taylor 114ce
Boss GT-100
Fender Twin Amp
cut it or not. either way will do.
My Guitar Rig:

> '09 Ibanez RG1570 Mirage Blue w/ DiMarzio John Petrucci Set
> ESP LTD V-50 Black
> Line 6 POD X3 Live
> Dunlop DB-01 Crybaby From Hell
Yeah you can cut it, as long as you can tighten the strings onto the bridge using an allen wrench
that's what i figured but I just wanted to make sure before I actually tried doing it lol. I must say it's a damn good bridge
Gear:
Epiphone SG G-400
Ibanez RG5EX1 modded with Floyd Rose Pro and Dimarzio Crunch Lab and Liquifire pups
Taylor 114ce
Boss GT-100
Fender Twin Amp
Quote by zeppelin5005
I'd rather just cut them off because trying to keep the ball ends to stay in place in the holders that are on the underside of the bridge is a major pain in the ass, lol.

Why is it a major pain in the ass, lol? You just stick'em in there, tighten the locks on the bridge, and that's it. You don't have to cut off the ball ends. Sure, you can do that of you want, but with the Edge Pro it's absolutely pointless.
Dear God, do you actually answer prayers?

Yes, but only in a way indistinguishable from random luck or the result of your own efforts.
Quote by Mad Marius
Why is it a major pain in the ass, lol? You just stick'em in there, tighten the locks on the bridge, and that's it. You don't have to cut off the ball ends. Sure, you can do that of you want, but with the Edge Pro it's absolutely pointless.

It's a pain in the ass because the ball ends pop out of the sides of the holders they're supposed to be in and then when it comes time to remove the string out of the saddle it gets stuck lol yes I'm a hardass
Gear:
Epiphone SG G-400
Taylor 114ce
Boss GT-100
Fender Twin Amp