I came across an MXR Vintage Analog Delay pedal for $45 on craigslist. One of the "green monsters" I guess...

He say is works fine and I will see it tonight, but I was wonder what you guys think about the pedal/price/what to look out for.

1. What do you think of the actual pedal?
2. Is this a good price?
3. What should I look out for when I get to try it?

Thanks in advance, guys.

image hosting png
Last edited by Uber_Kitty at Jan 21, 2012,
So, I purchased it...

It was $45 and is a little worn, but seems to work fine. The delay could be a little longer, but it was pretty cheap...

I will post pictures soon.
Last edited by Uber_Kitty at Jan 21, 2012,
Shorter analog delays sound a bit brighter to me... I've never seen one of these that low though. Seems quality enough to me.
Maximum volume yields maximum goats.
Quote by Quinlan
Shorter analog delays sound a bit brighter to me... I've never seen one of these that low though. Seems quality enough to me.

What do you mean "shorter" and "one of these that low"?
You practically stole that thing, they are worth a lot more than $45. Enjoy!

╠═══════╬═══════╣

THE SINE WAVE SURFER σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

[quote="'[BurnTheDusk"]']Boss pedals may be built like tanks but I would rather buy a cardboard box that is on my side than pay for a tank that is working against me.
I think that those would go for at least $100 or more. It still has the instruction booklet and looks to be in great shape.
EBMM Axis Black Cherry Burst
El Capistan
'74 Phase 90 re-issue
Boss BF-2
Hall of Fame Reverb
50 W 5150 III
Shorter delay time hoss. You definitely got that for a steal. Longer analog delay times are murkier than shorter delay times, imo. I'd totally be jelly if I hadn't picked up a Malekko analog delay not too long ago...
Quote by Quinlan
Shorter delay time hoss. You definitely got that for a steal. Longer analog delay times are murkier than shorter delay times, imo. I'd totally be jelly if I hadn't picked up a Malekko analog delay not too long ago...

Couldn't a pedal that can do longer delay times do both long and short? I would think that the ability to pick longer delay times is beneficial.
It is, but some people don't need long delay times. I was under the impression that this pedal maxes out at about 300-400ms.
Quote by Uber_Kitty
Couldn't a pedal that can do longer delay times do both long and short? I would think that the ability to pick longer delay times is beneficial.

yeah, that is the way i feel. why wouldn't a 'longer delay' sound as bright as a 'shorter delay' at the same delay times and of the same technology?

long or short, delays from that era used either tape/magnetic storage or bucket brigade chips. with bucket brigade chips, the more the signal was passed around, the more the high end degrades and gets murky.
punk isn't dead, it's always smelled that way.

"A perfection of means, and confusion of aims, seems to be our main problem."
-ae