Hey guys, I am trying to start a punk-esque with pop and midwest emo influences (think husker du meets cap'n jazz). Anyway, I've been messing around with a bunch of different settings and I can't seem to get a guitar tone I like. I'm looking for a bright and crunchy tone and I was hoping someone had EQ and/or gear suggestions for me.
Telecaster into Vox AC30/Marshall.
Fender American Special HSS Stratocaster
Ibanez 1987 Roadstar II Deluxe
Yamaha THR10X
Marshall JCM900 SL-X
Ibanez WD-7 Weeping Demon Wah
TC Electronic Polytune
Seymour Duncan Tweakfuzz
i think the kinsellas and a lotta bands from the 90s in the midwest indie scene used fender amps, i know some of them might have used british stuff too.

+1 to the AC30, or if you wanna go in the other direction get a fender Deluxe Reverb or maybe even look into a twin reverb or a super reverb

when you have an amp with a lot of headroom rely a lot on the channel volume to get a crunch. if you go with a fender amp then you'll get a lot of crisp clear tone whether its clean or a little dirty. the AC30 would do a lot of the same things but its just the british tone vs American.

Just as an example Johnny Marr uses Deluxe Reverbs and Super Reverbs and I've always liked his tone, it's a nice blend of really clean and clear, and with the help of an OD or something you can really bring the crunchiness out of those tubes.

Have fun
Fender Strat Deluxe
Fender MexiStrat
Epiphone Sheritan
Ibanez Artcore
Fender Twin Reverb silverface
Roland JC120
Pedals

Quote by CaptainAmerican
I would recommend the marshal MG100

Very versatile and quality sound. It should treat you well