I know, I know, I should just learn how to do this, but can anyone tell me the actual chords when playing these shapes with capo on 3rd fret?

Am
C
G
F

If there is an online chord generator that allows you to use capo and translate fingering, please let me know!

Thanks
BB
To answer your second post, yes. When capoing, the minor chords transpose exactly the same as the major chords.

BUT...

Beware of using that chart.

If I'm reading your first post correctly (apologies if I'm not), you want to know what chord you are hearing when you play an Am with a capo at the 3rd fret. In that instance, the actual answer is Cm.

However using that chart, it is telling you that in order to hear an Am with a capo at the 3rd fret, you would need to play an F#m.

The important thing though, is that you may be asking questions you aren't ready for yet. Even a small amount of fretboard knowledge & music theory would have meant you could have worked this out for yourself without needing to post here.

I suggest you focus your studies on gaining this knowledge rather than trying to find answers on the internet to questions you shouldn't need to ask.
Gibson LP Traditional, LP GT, LP Studio, SG Standard x2
Barber Tone Press > EHX Worm >TC Polytune > MXR Custom Badass 78 > EXH Glove > EHX East River Drive > Zoom G3 > TC Spark Mini Booster
Laney VC30
Marshall TSL602
Jet City JCA22H
My SoundCloud
Quote by pekoe1111
I know, I know, I should just learn how to do this, but can anyone tell me the actual chords when playing these shapes with capo on 3rd fret?

Am
C
G
F

If there is an online chord generator that allows you to use capo and translate fingering, please let me know!

Thanks
BB
The Actual pitch value of this progression with a capo @ the 3rd fret is this: Cm (Am), Eb (C), Bb (G), Ab (F).

The effective key is either C minor, or Eb Major. so...... Cm, Eb, Bb, Ab.

You don't really need an "online chord generator" to figure this out. You'd actually be better off without one. Just take the time to learn the chromatic scale, and this will become second nature. You just count off the frets. Each one is a "half tone" (Or), a "semi- tone".

So, Am (w/ capo on 1st fret is up one semi-tone), that equals Bb minor, and so on.
Last edited by Captaincranky at Jan 20, 2012,