So I have some money, I want to buy a new guitar.

I have a Marshall AVT20 as an amp and a RP255 for backup. I was using an Ibanez RG270, now I can't decide what to buy. I generally play Rock, blues, metal, and sometimes some pop ( I need to get rhytm tones from guitar), and actually I'd like a les paul like guitar, yet it is not necessary. And I am into jazz.

I was thinking about some models: Jakson DK2, Ibanez RG870 Premium, Epiphone Plus-Top, ESP LTD EC-401VF, Fender Lone Star, and some stuff like that. Which one of these can be better or what would you suggest? I don't know about prices all over world so I guess you'll understand my budget from the models i selected. Any help will be appreciated.
I know this is going right beneath your budget, but the best guitar i have ever played is the ibanez GRG250DX for £309. Fantastic tones and its really easy to play. If you've got an ibanez at the moment, you know they're good. Seriously, try one out
what you really need is a new amp

regarding the guitar-

japanese jacksons are pretty nice, but i'd try to get up to the neck-thru ones with teh better trem. the frt-x000 isn't quite as good as a schaller-made OFR, but it's a lot better than a jackson jt580LP and is usable until you upgrade to a schaller OFR (if you even need to upgrade- and should be a direct swap, too (don't quote me, though, i haven't tried the swap myself)).

i wouldn't get a premium, you can often get a prestige for little more (sometimes even no more money). the japanese-made prestiges are where it's at, and you need a very, very good reason (like, I can't think of a sufficiently good one off-hand) to buy a non-prestige Ibanez if you can get a prestige model for the same price.

epi plus top isn't in the same league as teh japanese jacksons or prestige ibanezes (granted, it's a completely different style of guitar).

i'd say the ltd isn't, either, though it's probably better than the epi (better pickups, anyway).

fender lone star... it's MIM, isn't it? ditto, though again possibly/probably a bit better than the epi.

EDIT:^ wut? o_O
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
So the Original Floyd Roses will fit on the Jackson DK-2? I'm pretty sure I read a review that said it was done, but then again I recall another that said it wasn't possible. Not sure if it was an OFR, Schaller, or Gotoh unit though. On a side note, that's what's keeping me from a DK-2. If I could retrofit, hell yes.

Something about Ibanez guitars, check for older ones. Ones like the RG550 and RG560. Those are some quality Japanese made guitars. Before mine, I didn't like the Ibanez guitars, but the one I got changed my mind on that. They can usually be had fairly cheap and if they've got the original Edge trem, they'll stay in tune real well too.

If you're into jazz and if you'd like one, why not go for a Les Paul? I know Epiphones get a bad reputation sometimes, or at least they did, but the ones I've played have been solid. I've played a Standard and Custom and both were built well. Can't say about the pickups though, I'd rather have different ones but that's easily fixed. My only holdup, as stupid as it is, is that the newer ones are Chinese made. I just haven't played a good Chinese made guitar. South Korea does good work, but I've never been impressed with China. Though they don't do bad with Vox amps. I liked those.

Anyway, Les Pauls were initially designed for jazz. So if you like jazz and want one, there you go. I'm not sure of your budget, but if you've ever heard of a brand called Edwards (basically LP's by ESP with a different name) you might look at one of those. They're illegal to sell in the U.S., but if you're here you can order them on Ebay or maybe find a used one somewhere. If you live in England, you can probably find them a lot easier. They are made nearly identical to Les Pauls Gibson makes, aside from a different species of mahogany and usually a poly finish in place of nitro.
^ based on the ones i've tried i'd put them a bit below ibanez prestiges and the like. little better than the LTDs, maybe. i haven't tried their superstrats, though.

Quote by Fenderexpx50
So the Original Floyd Roses will fit on the Jackson DK-2? I'm pretty sure I read a review that said it was done, but then again I recall another that said it wasn't possible. Not sure if it was an OFR, Schaller, or Gotoh unit though. On a side note, that's what's keeping me from a DK-2. If I could retrofit, hell yes.

i was talking about teh neck-thru jacksons, but i've heard an ofr will swap with a jt580LP trem too. haven't tried it myself, though, and i hear conflicting things, so best get a definitive answer before buying anything, lol.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
The Edwards LP's got some really good reviews on HC and a few years ago a friend of mine got one in from Japan. They've got good build quality and use quality components like SD pickups and Gotoh bridges and tuners. He's still got it and plays with it regularly. So I can infer that they are good guitars, but having never played one I can't comment for sure.

I emailed FMIC about the tremolos on those guitars being able to accept a OFR but I haven't heard anything yet. It's only been 4 or so days though. I figure they get a lot of emails. I had an older DK-2, you know one with the Duncan designed pickups but I had to sell it. It was a good playing instrument too. I'll probably end up with one because even with the stock unit, I've heard they stay in tune alright. Plus I really want an alder bodied guitar.
Yes. The one in my Sig too
Quote by FEngHLyan

She will join the prom.

She insists to wear this lights.

I don't think so.

How can I persuade her?