I've been getting about 10 texts an hour today of unknown numbers from my area (I know because of the area code) asking who I am. It seems to me that someone publicly posted my number. I don't know the nature of it, I don't know who did it, or where.

What I need to know is what I can do about it. All messages are still there, I didn't want to delete them because of evidence. Surely there must be some kind of law against someone doing this, right?
It is harrassment if they are malicious, so you could report the number to the police as harrassment.
Sat in a lab, curing diseases. They actually LET me play with chemicals!
I'd welcome texts, I'd feel popular.
They made me do push ups in drag

I'm gonna have a really hard time if we're both cannibals and racists.

Don't dress as a whore, he'll thump you.

I'm a firework, primed to go off
As for the location of the publication of your number, check bathroom stalls. Every stall has at least one...

And did you step on anyone's toes as of late? Cause most of them offer free head

Warden: There is no moral orders as pure as this storm.
There's no moral order at all.
There's just this:
Can my violence conquer yours?

-Shutter Island
^I deleted a few people on Facebook and went back to check to see if they posted any malicious statuses about it. They didn't and I didn't mean that much to them anyway so I doubt it was them. Bathroom stalls, there are a lot of bathrooms in my area of travel haha. I'm just asking some of the people how they got the number.

Quote by Guitardude19
It is harrassment if they are malicious, so you could report the number to the police as harrassment.

They aren't malicious, it's just a lot of people asking me who I am and I'm confused as to:

1. Where they got my number
2. Why they decided to text me
Last edited by Twist of fate at Jan 20, 2012,
Maybe you'll meet some nice people? Although that's highly unlikely given the circumstances that you met them lol

,--.-'-,--.
\ /-~-\ /
/ )' a a `( \
( ( ,---. ) )
THIS WAS MEANT TO BE A PIG
\ `(_o_o_)' /
\ `-' /
| |---| |
[_] [_]
I don't think there is.
Deadmau5 has had to change his house number several times because kids keep getting hold of it and spamming it with calls. He talked to the company and they just said change it dude, that's all you can do.

He got the number of one kid and posted it on twitter a while ago Turned out he was using his parents phone and got in a load of shit.
Quote by padgea7x
I'd welcome texts, I'd feel popular.

Quote by pretend text to you
dear _____, lol ur soo fake & totz gai st00pid fag i hop u go die n a fier 2nite u gay lil bicth fase & no1 lieks u cuz ur dum & ugly & ur mom s a slut lolololololol

Like that?
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
Quote by theogonia777
Like that?

Stop reading texts from my girlfriend dammit!
The DNA results show that Jeremy Kyle is a nob.

Quote by titsmcgee852
I want to look at your sexual naked body.
Quote by theogonia777
Like that?

Oh, that would just make my day
They made me do push ups in drag

I'm gonna have a really hard time if we're both cannibals and racists.

Don't dress as a whore, he'll thump you.

I'm a firework, primed to go off
I'd suspect that it was probably Tyler Durden...
Matt-
Black Gibson SG - Gibson Dirty Fingers Coil Split/ Seymour Duncan 59' HB
Brown Satin Gibson SG - Seymour Duncan Invader
Squier 60's Classic Vibe Strat
Epiphone Electric Accoustic
Marshall Valvestate
Fender Mustang II
Boss DS-1
Vox Wah