I have a Line 6 POD X3 Live.

Is it possible to somehow program it to change to a certain tone, or effect after a certain amount of time passed?

For Example, I would preprogram all tones and effects I need during a song, and then I would simply start the timer and for example when the timer reaches 45 seconds, it would change to a clean tone, then at 1 minute, back to distortion, then activate a tremelo effect from 1:30-1:40 etc.

I'm waiting for some USB to MIDI cables to get shipped, would I be able to do that then using the computer to program the stuff?

Is this even possible?
Schecter Omen 6FR
Line 6 POD X3 Live
Line 6 spider IV15
Yamaha F325
doubt it, youd be better getting one of those boards that have buttons for every channel or effect thing.
My Rig
Fender Blacktop Strat HH MN > Joyo JF-01 Vintage Overdrive > Boss ME50 > Line 6 Spider IV 30

Other Shit
Jim Deacon Acoustic
Yamaha 12 string acoustic

New Amp Fund
£300/700
That's what I have, but I was just hoping to have an easier way to change tones and effects as hitting the footswitches sometimes throws me off rhythm.

(Invalid img)
Schecter Omen 6FR
Line 6 POD X3 Live
Line 6 spider IV15
Yamaha F325
ahh right haha, nah, unless you do what chris broderick does and hook it up to some system that someone can switch them for you. alot of bother though
My Rig
Fender Blacktop Strat HH MN > Joyo JF-01 Vintage Overdrive > Boss ME50 > Line 6 Spider IV 30

Other Shit
Jim Deacon Acoustic
Yamaha 12 string acoustic

New Amp Fund
£300/700
I don't know if Line 6 Pod can do that, but you'd have to do like Periphery does live:
1. Have the drummer play to a click track
2. Have the program send midi signals at certain points in the song

This relies on the ability of the drummer to keep in exact time with the click track, otherwise there is no point in having the patch change automated. If he can't stay in time, it changes when you don't want to.
Quote by WCPhils
According to that chart, women like men with a Pringle canister down there.
Michael Kelly Patriot Glory
Ibanez RG8
Blackstar HT 20 w/ Jet City cab
whole bunch o' pedals