So at my job, a Toyota dealership in Florida, there's a warehouse we have across the street to hold all the larger parts, bumpers, etc. It's on a fenced lot and whoever deals with used cars recently started putting a bunch of used cars in there. So one car got its wheels jacked and left on bricks... then they took all the cars out so none others would be fooled around with. Now today I was told some K-9 shepherd and a Rottweiler are going to be put in there along with their own cages. But now me and my main co-worker are basically the new "owners", as told by the actual owner of the dogs, and we have to let them out when we leave work, I guess, and then put them up in the morning.

These dogs are trained to attack and we were told they follow a strict ritual where you feed them a certain way, only call them by their name, shit like that.

Personally, I like dogs, but I don't take kindly to dogs that I'm not familiar with. I don't feel like it's my responsibility to mess around with these dogs at all. The other guy, he can if he wants to, but these dogs are trained to attack. And what happens if we accidentally **** up around such temperamental-ass dogs?

The lady got our numbers, too, and she noticed my number was a Tampa number and then asked, "So I really can't call you for anything in the middle of the night, can I?" I mean, my ass gets up before 6 am every morning and then they want me to do midnight doggy calls or some shit?

I may just tell my boss that I'm not too thrilled with handling, feeding or being around these dogs. He asked me if I'm scared of dogs and I'm not, just wary of stranger dogs.

Anyway, what would you guys say or do?
ESP Eclipse II SW - D'Addario 11-49 Eb
LTD F-400FM - Ernie Ball 12-56 C#
Ibanez Iceman 300
Peavey Transtube 112 EFX
I'd be getting a raise for this. If the boss says no, I'd be raising hell.
I see myself as an intelligent, sensitive human, with the soul of a clown which forces me to blow it at the most important moments.
-Jim Morrison
Quote by theboots
I'd be getting a raise for this. If the boss says no, I'd be raising hell.

Never thought of that, lol.

My boss is cool and laid back and would probably understand, but I'd imagine he'd try to convince me to go with it or reassure me it's alright.

I told my girlfriend and she was like, "Hell, no. It's not your job or responsibility and you need to tell your boss."

I'm trying to make sense of that picture and text and I can't.
Ibanez Iceman 300
Peavey Transtube 112 EFX
I doubt feeding dogs is in your contract, so there's that. I personally would be pretty uncomfortable with it and I think it's a pretty fucking retarded idea.

I like dogs, but I don't like attack dogs. The idea of training dogs to maim is just... wtf, humans.
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
Quote by Kensai
I doubt feeding dogs is in your contract, so there's that. I personally would be pretty uncomfortable with it and I think it's a pretty fucking retarded idea.

I like dogs, but I don't like attack dogs. The idea of training dogs to maim is just... wtf, humans.

Yeah. I can understand K-9 dogs for police. But even they attack when not provoked. Sounds like a recipe for disaster to me. I already have a $250 deductible coming my way for my car to be fixed... I don't need a massive hospital bill for a torn off hand or whatever.
Ibanez Iceman 300
Peavey Transtube 112 EFX
I would retrain the dogs to be my minions, and use them to aid in a hostile takeover of the company.
Quote by rockingamer2
It's your job, deal with it. I would clear up some stuff regarding how any accidents involving the dog would be handled. If it's not to your liking consider finding another job.

It's nothing to quit over. But I'm not some dog handler or trainer. I associate with dogs that aren't attack dogs. So I don't really think I should deal with it.

That's like the new uniform policy. I'd rather wear the clothes I've been wearing for the past 5 months, but now we have new uniforms. That is something I have to accept and it won't endanger my life or safety.
Ibanez Iceman 300
Peavey Transtube 112 EFX
Do the job, don't sign a contract on handling the dogs, get attacked, sue and make money.

I'd be pissed off though. They're using your employment to boss you around to do shit you're not trained for. You're not qualified for that, and its simple as that.
Most of the important things

in the world have been accomplished

by people who have kept on

trying when there seemed to be no hope at all
Attack dogs can be vicious and I'd definately see how they're going to cover any accidents. Be careful of your tasty sausage-looking fingers..
There's a good chance that what I've written above is useless and if you take any of the advice it's your own fault.
Was it in your contract? I'm guessing not... Dealing with dogs isn't your job, tell your boss that.
Yeah you should definitely get a decent raise for that. That's a dangerous thing to have to do. You should also be given *proper* training with attack dogs. If you aren't and something goes wrong, like the dog bites your hand as you weren't given the right training/ protection, you could sue for a healthy amount. Especially as it affects your guitar playing.

And, if it's not in your contract, you do not have to do it. At work, if my boss is being a dick that day and asks me to do a job that I'm not employed to do, I tell him I'm not doing it.
well.. they can be kind of aggressive can't they? look on the bright side. when the dogs are used to you they will protect you until they die. if your boss speaks to you with even a slightly annoying tone he'll have teethmarks on his ass for life.

i bet even the worst tempered boss can't refuse a raise or maybe even a free car for you with 2 of this growling at him

but first they got to get used to you off course
Quote by psyks
You are filthy.
Last edited by vince1991 at Jan 20, 2012,
Sounds like the dogs are locked up all day and only released at night when no one is around, that's how we do it anyway. If there well trained, you have no worries they will get use to you and you to them.I would however expect or request a raise for the extra job duties, and if it involves night calls...extra at that. We do the same thing where I work only we use Rottweilers & American Pit bulls, haven't had a problem since.
My newest addition,
2007 Dean Cadi-KILL (Cannibal Corpse) Rob Barrett Signature model to see more of my gear visit my profile.
Good responses, guys. You're all right. My boss is actually going to be at work tomorrow, so I'm gonna ask about any potential accidents.

I figured people on here would think I was a pussy or something. Even if that was the case, I wouldn't care.

I was in my parent's backyard one day and then some Rottweiler showed up and I was like... the hell? O_O He turned out to be nice and playful, but he still could have been crazy.

I don't expect more money... I expect not to be a part of the whole thing, lol. I don't want to sue my job for money because of an injury. I'd rather avoid that from day one right now. What good would any amount of money do me if I have a mauled hand and can't do anything with it?
Ibanez Iceman 300
Peavey Transtube 112 EFX
Last edited by TH3M B0N3Z at Jan 20, 2012,
I'm assuming you live in the US. Check out your rights dude. http://www.osha.gov/

my dad works at a used dealership down in miami and they have dogs too but they have a dude who comes and lets them out at night/puts them away in the morning. i'd assume he'd be the owner of the dogs too. so i say **** that have their actual owner... you know... own them
It's pretty fucked your boss didn't ask you first, but rather just told you there were going to be attack dogs and you're going to have to feed and deal with them on a daily basis.

Can't you get securitas or something like a normal company?
████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
If it does come to you getting mauled, put your dominant arm out to protect yourself. It's worth more. Don't be scared to get your spine or neck mauled either. That could severe some nerves or something and paralyze you if you are lucky. Which means BIG money. After the dog attacks you, roll in some nearby dog shit. This will increase chances of infection massively. Which again, leads to even more money. Then, while the dog is distracted with chewing on your severed leg, crawl back to find help and trip in a pot hole and twist your ankle.

This is looking very good for your financial well being, TS. I say take the job.
Quote by Kensai
It's pretty fucked your boss didn't ask you first, but rather just told you there were going to be attack dogs and you're going to have to feed and deal with them on a daily basis.

Can't you get securitas or something like a normal company?

Yeah, very true. He assumed us the position, basically. I'm gonna talk to him tomorrow. He's not rude or mean, very nice actually, so I think he'll understand. I'm guessing the lady who got my number is the actual owner so she needs to fork over the people to do midnight calls and shit like that. I don't know. I'm just going to say I want no part of it. There won't be any consequences to suffer. And if there will be... who knows what to do from there...
Ibanez Iceman 300
Peavey Transtube 112 EFX
yeah, those dogs can be scary. my one relative (great uncle i think?) used to train German Shepherds to be guard dogs.

that is, until he woke up in the middle of the night with one of them standing over him in attack mode.
mugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmug
I would love it. I've been around plenty MWDs (military working dogs) and a good friend of mine is a handler. All the ones I've been around are still fun, loving dogs, but they can also kill a person and sit on an explosive to alert you to where it is.

Make sure you know the commands they respond to, as well as when to use them.
My God, it's full of stars!
Quote by TH3M B0N3Z
So at my job, a Toyota dealership in Florida, there's a warehouse we have across the street to hold all the larger parts, bumpers, etc. It's on a fenced lot and whoever deals with used cars recently started putting a bunch of used cars in there. So one car got its wheels jacked and left on bricks... then they took all the cars out so none others would be fooled around with. Now today I was told some K-9 shepherd and a Rottweiler are going to be put in there along with their own cages. But now me and my main co-worker are basically the new "owners", as told by the actual owner of the dogs, and we have to let them out when we leave work, I guess, and then put them up in the morning.

These dogs are trained to attack and we were told they follow a strict ritual where you feed them a certain way, only call them by their name, shit like that.

Personally, I like dogs, but I don't take kindly to dogs that I'm not familiar with. I don't feel like it's my responsibility to mess around with these dogs at all. The other guy, he can if he wants to, but these dogs are trained to attack. And what happens if we accidentally **** up around such temperamental-ass dogs?

The lady got our numbers, too, and she noticed my number was a Tampa number and then asked, "So I really can't call you for anything in the middle of the night, can I?" I mean, my ass gets up before 6 am every morning and then they want me to do midnight doggy calls or some shit?

I may just tell my boss that I'm not too thrilled with handling, feeding or being around these dogs. He asked me if I'm scared of dogs and I'm not, just wary of stranger dogs.

Anyway, what would you guys say or do?

I would use Robin Williams tactics...Demand compensation. If refused, "f*** off!"
Quote by Pan-Tallica
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
But theres no reason why i cant be free like a raspberry stuck to the back of a horny elephants ass.

This is maybe the worst comparison in the history of comparisons.
Quote by whoomit
Yeah we have dogs at our clothes shop, I get bitten regularly.

Wat? Never seen a shop here with dogs!
Quote by a_7_x

Wat? Never seen a shop here with dogs!

I think he's talking about the women.

I kid I kid.

Quote by Nelsean

I kid I kid.

DON'T TALK ANBOUT OUR BITCHES TAHT WAY :MAD:

Edit: Caps fail
Quote by Nelsean

I kid I kid.

Just because you're kidding doesn't make it any less true.
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
What is your job? if you are a salesman, or a service tech, no, but if you are warehouse bitch, then welcome to your new responsibility, that's just the way it goes. If you really feel strongly about it, tell your boss, he should understand, big dogs can be scary.

If you have the choice, pick the German Shepherd Dog. Mine is the best damn dog, she's lying next to me as I type this. Assuming your boss got the dogs from a reputable source, they should be well behaved, even friendly with you. If you feed it, hang out with it, play ball, walk, etc. the dog will become your friend. Mine is 85lbs and not yet full grown, if she wanted to she could rip my throat out in a second, but I know she'd never.

I hope you give it a shot. It's a new experience and a chance to learn something out of your normal. Who knows, maybe you are the next dog whisperer....
Quote by CodChick

Seriously, I'm not a fan of iphones and guitars mixing.
Quote by ecvMatt
What is your job? if you are a salesman, or a service tech, no, but if you are warehouse bitch, then welcome to your new responsibility, that's just the way it goes. If you really feel strongly about it, tell your boss, he should understand, big dogs can be scary.

If you have the choice, pick the German Shepherd Dog. Mine is the best damn dog, she's lying next to me as I type this. Assuming your boss got the dogs from a reputable source, they should be well behaved, even friendly with you. If you feed it, hang out with it, play ball, walk, etc. the dog will become your friend. Mine is 85lbs and not yet full grown, if she wanted to she could rip my throat out in a second, but I know she'd never.

I hope you give it a shot. It's a new experience and a chance to learn something out of your normal. Who knows, maybe you are the next dog whisperer....

I do work in the warehouse, but we aren't bitches. We're quite useful, actually, and we don't really do dirty work.

Part of me has been thinking this will be a new experience and it's out of the normal every day routine. The dogs belong to some lady who, I guess, has been picked out of the blue. She is supposed to train me and my co-worker. He seems alright with the idea like it's no big deal. I tend to look at the bigger picture. Like what happens if one of us get attacked? Is the company responsible or the owner of the dogs? Will she have us sign some bullshit waver saying we can't get her in trouble if we are attacked? If it comes down to that, I'll refuse to do it. I like dogs, I have a dog, but it's not my responsibility to put my life on the line by handling guard dogs when I'm not trained by actual professionals. She's just some redneck looking lady who has probably backyard-trained these dogs. In my opinion, and she's being payed by the company (my job), I think she should handle her own dogs and have her own people, family, whoever, deal with them.

Not to mention, when is she going to train me and my co-worker? We have work to do during the day, I'm not staying after work for training because I have other things to take care of that are more important, I'm not going over there on weekends or days off, etc. I'm really not up to it because I was never even asked. It was just like, "There are guard dogs over there now, you'll be trained to handle them." Just literally out of the clear blue sky like it's no big deal.
Ibanez Iceman 300
Peavey Transtube 112 EFX