been looking at joyo pedals on the 'bay and they're about £30 inc. p+p for a variety of effects such as delay, fuzz, overdrive, octave and tuner pedals. ok i don't need most of them but was looking at the delay one.

at the pricerange they're in, it puts them bang in the "firing line" (for want of a better phrase) with behringer pedals.

are they on-par, better-than or worse-than behringer pedals?
that's what i'd have thought, but i haven't tried behringer. they're also clones, or strongly based on, more sought-after pedals- in most cases. not sure if the delay is, though. just bear in mind it's an analogue-voiced digital delay. if you want a pristine hi-fi delay then it's not what you want.

thomann has them in stock too for a bit less and with a 3 year warranty. but if you're only buying one then teh 10 euro postage charge will make them a bit dearer.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
I recommend watching this video, which was made by one of my local music shops. For the price, I think the sound is definitely a good quality.

I'm going into that shop next week, and going to see what their price is for an Electro Harmonix Memory Toy, and then buy one of the two (depending on prices)
Fender American Special Telecaster w/ Bigsby
Fender MIM Jaguar
Digitech Whammy-->Korg Pitchblack Poly-->Dunlop Cry Baby-->Danelectro Pastrami Overdrive-->EHX Big Muff Pi-->Joyo Digital Delay
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe III Red October Edition
i got the vintage overdrive (tubescreamer clone) and when i opened the box i thought it was a little cheap looking but damn, it sounds pretty damn good, alot better than some of my higher priced od's.

Worth the $40
R.I.P. Randy Rhoads
I remember the Alpha Drive by Freekish Blues was a highly regarded boutique pedal. Then it was revealed that they were modded Joyo Pedals. I'd give them a try, if you don't like em, then you'd only be out $40. I'm thinking of getting the OCD clone.
Peavey 5150
Mesa Mark IV
Mesa Single Rectifier (Series 1)
Fender Custom Shop Tonemaster
Roland Microcube

-Whitebox OS 1x12
-Port City OS 1x12

Digidesign Eleven RackAxe Fx Ultra
I have the Ultimate Drive (the OCD clone) and the delay

They both sound great. However...

- They aren't really true bypass as far as I can tell. Whenever the OCD tone control is set a certain way in conjunction with the gain (even with the pedal off) you get a squealing oscillation. If they were true bypass the oscillation wouldn't be there when the pedal was off. The same thing happens with the delay. If you have the repeats up high and it starts oscillating when the pedal is on, once you switch it off the oscillation is still there (albeit much quieter)

- The knobs on the delay are quite flimsy and cheap.

- Not a problem, but so you know, the volume pot on the delay works more as a mix control than a volume since it only controls the volume of the repeats.

- Also not really a problem, but velcro tape doesn't stick very well to the rubber pad on the bottom of the pedals

Otherwise I'm very happy with them. Great sounding pedals at a very decent price.
yeah i'm not convinced they're true bypass either. though my ocd doesn't claim to be, but the others do. teh buffer in my decimator sorted them out, though. But worth bearing in mind if you don't run a buffer, i guess.

the knobs felt fine on mine, but i tend to set and forget rather than tweak so i may just not have noticed. ditto the oscillation thing.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
^

i know mine (both of them ) says "bypass", and all teh other ones say "true bypass".

i dunno what's going on
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
^^ no idea what you guys are on about, but i'm actually looking forward to getting it now, read quite a lot of good reviews and seen a few good vids
That doesn't look like a True Bypassed wired switch at all but I'm not an expert on this and as you say the wires could go anywhere. Some of those jumpers look wrong.

Dempsey, the pedals sound great, don't worry. Some of the best bang for your buck at that price. Just be aware of a few of those issues though (kinda to be expected given the cost but hey, they're not major)
i think some of the guys on freestompboxes were saying it was almost like incorrectly-implemented millennium bypass. But maybe that was the ultimate drive (which doesn't claim to be TBP anyway).

i dunno i mean this is way beyond my pay grade. generally i understand just enough about electronics to consistently get the wrong end of the stick
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
I queried the bypass and true bypass labelling on the pedal.Got this back from UKNET where i purchased the pedal.Mine has Bypass written on rather than true
bypass."You will note that you cannot buy anything from Joyo direct they do change the spec, I do not have any control over the images. The one i sell is the buffer bypass as advertised. I would also advise any temptation on opening it as it will void any warranty. Im not sure what you squinted at through the battery compartment, so would not suggest doing so unless you wish to keep it.

Originally the pedal was true bypass, but changed about 6 months ago but was dropped, we do make a point of advertising it as buffer, which it is. Other retailers outside the UK may well continue to advertise it incorrectly, but the 02 is 100% buffer bypass until advertised differently..

Doesnt say why they changed the circuit.Just got the pedal so I will post back after a test run.
yeah the ocd clone is buffered

figured that out the hard way when i accidentally tried to run it with no power attached and got no sound in bypass
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by forsaknazrael
well remember dave, it's possible for non TB to "bypass" when unpowered, too. Just depends on how it's connected.

oh yeah, of course

but if you get no sound in bypass with no battery or mains power attached there's a fair chance it's buffered
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?