since lime wire has been off i have been having trouble finding a good site too get music from. i used frostwire for awhile but it was kind of hard to use. where do you guys get yours?
Quote by metaldud536

Comic Sans is my sarcasm font.

281-330-8004, that's my cell phone number, hit me up on the low
You do realise that you won't get a reply because that would be breaking the rules, right?
Your flesh means more than you.
No profit...
For once no profit...

Quote by She
That's what.

CHECK IT OUT NOW
FUNK SOUL BROTHER
Quote by GazzaCee
You do realise that you won't get a reply because that would be breaking the rules, right?

You do realize that some artists put up their music on the internet so that people can download it freely?
Dude, really? You're on a guitar site. If you like the artist buy their music and go to concerts. Speaking of shows..Van Halen here in April @ TWC arena. It would be awesome to see them live.
My newest addition,
2007 Dean Cadi-KILL (Cannibal Corpse) Rob Barrett Signature model to see more of my gear visit my profile.
Quote by Orryn
You do realize that some artists put up their music on the internet so that people can download it freely?

You do realize that TS quoted Limewire. It's pretty reasonable to assume he is not intending on acquiring the music legally.
Quote by moscaespañol
buy it, you bum.

COMIC SAAAAAAAAAAAAAANNNNNNNNNNNSSSSSSSSS!!!!!

Anyway, answering that question is against the rules. Better luck next time.
Quote by WholeLottaIzzy
You do realize that TS quoted Limewire. It's pretty reasonable to assume he is not intending on acquiring the music legally.

But what if he doesn't intend to acquire it illegally? That's just a reasonable assumption, not necessarily an established fact.
lol limewire. What, is this the 90's?

Torrent like normal people. Get Bitcomet, go to piratebay, and download a band's entire discography in the time it took to download a single song from limewire.
Quote by metaldud536
And how am I supposed to know this?

I don't know about you, but I can't take anything seriously if it's written in Comic Sans.

281-330-8004, that's my cell phone number, hit me up on the low
Quote by TEK34
Downloading music for free is no better than theft.

Well, it is a little bit better.
Quote by Jackintehbox

No, its not. You just currently have less a chance of being caught.
Quote by The Shroom420

Torrent like normal people. Get Bitcomet, go to piratebay, and download a band's entire discography in the time it took to download a single song from limewire.

lol torrents. What is this 2007?
Quote by Jackintehbox

Well, no. I don't know any other industry where it's deemed OK to take someone's work for free after they've worked on it for months if not years.
Quote by Orryn
But what if he doesn't intend to acquire it illegally? That's just a reasonable assumption, not necessarily an established fact.

He would not mention Limewire and Frostwire, both of which are very common ways to illegally download music.

If I were to say, "Is there anywhere similar to Spotify, Itunes or Amazon I can get music?" I've listed places that you pay for the music. TS listed places that you do not. He blatently isn't intending on buying it. Which he should.
Quote by GazzaCee

Looks like i'm the only helpful person in this thread, so TS should read my post.

There is an 'only torrenting' thread you know, i don't know where it is now but there is one.

There is also an 'only drugs thread'. Look up btjunkie, that's a good one, so is mininova. But TS, you'll need to get a programme like 'utorrent' to get torrents to work.

Of course this is highly illegal and i do no advocate it >_> But yeah.

Quote by The Shroom420

Pirate bay is generally worse than others tbh. btjunkie so far seems to have the most.
Last edited by Zoot Allures at Jan 20, 2012,
First, I want you to write me a detailed response why YOU deserve to download music for free.
Quote by Shredder XXX
how about the way your entire country generalizes a culture by the actions of a few, citing any Americans idea of a middle eastern person.
It's funny when people use "well I download the album for free and I go to the concert. They only get 10%". In in the music biz it's not just: record label, and the band. When you buy the album you are also paying people who that worked on the album, the people who distributed the album, the store that's selling the album, etc.
2013 #5 Uger
2012 #7 Uger

Quote by jetfuel495
Jesus, Horsedick, you are my hero

Quote by JayT44
don't worry guys his girlfriend is black, she said it was okay for him to say that.

Stalk Me

Shitty Covers

Original Music

Lastfm
Quote by WholeLottaIzzy
He would not mention Limewire and Frostwire, both of which are very common ways to illegally download music.

If I were to say, "Is there anywhere similar to Spotify, Itunes or Amazon I can get music?" I've listed places that you pay for the music. TS listed places that you do not. He blatently isn't intending on buying it. Which he should.

On topic you can still use those things to get music too. If i want i can turn my mic off, make my computer soundcard go off 'stereo out' and just open up something like audacity , play a song and i can record any audio that comes out of the computer. It's a very helpful thing actually for messing around with bits of audio and sampling if you want.
Quote by Zoot Allures

On topic you can still use those things to get music too. If i want i can turn my mic off, make my computer soundcard go off 'stereo out' and just open up something like audacity , play a song and i can record any audio that comes out of the computer. It's a very helpful thing actually for messing around with bits of audio and sampling if you want.

I did that before I knew there were better ways of getting my music.
2013 #5 Uger
2012 #7 Uger

Quote by jetfuel495
Jesus, Horsedick, you are my hero

Quote by JayT44
don't worry guys his girlfriend is black, she said it was okay for him to say that.

Stalk Me

Shitty Covers

Original Music

Lastfm
Quote by StonedColdCrazy
No, its not. You just currently have less a chance of being caught.

Well, it is a little bit better because instead of the store actively losing money due to having to replace the CD/record/whatever, they just don't make money.

Quote by TEK34
Well, no. I don't know any other industry where it's deemed OK to take someone's work for free after they've worked on it for months if not years.

I didn't say that. I said it's a liiiiiiiiiiittle bit better.
Quote by Jackintehbox
Well, it is a little bit better because instead of the store actively losing money due to having to replace the CD/record/whatever, they just don't make money.

I didn't say that. I said it's a liiiiiiiiiiittle bit better.

Good point I guess. As a former encoder(/rooter) of movies on irc Im not exactly 'clean' myself, but after the lead singer of Maylene and the Sons of Disaster had to bum smokes off me and wanted to crash at my house I pay for EVERYTHING.
I agree with all above who said downloading music illegally is like stealing a CD. That's why I buy CD's and download from Itunes.

250+ songs from itunes, plus about 75 cd's. Never a single illegal download
Minecraft: Sonic
League of Legends: CinoSRelliK

Currently Playing/listening to/Reading:

Kerbal Space Program,
Binding of Isaac
Opeth - Orchid
S. by Doug Dorst
The Martian by Andy Weir
Have you tried the internet?
Quote by UntilISleep
You have excellent taste in literature, dear sir

Quote by Primus2112
You have excellent taste in video games, good sir.

Quote by GbAdimDb5m7
You have terrible taste in signatures, idiotic sir.

kkoo
Quote by JAHellraiser
I've heard megaupload is great.

OT: Half-Priced Books if you aren't gonna buy from like iTunes.
you're a stone fox
You have the entire internet at your disposal, and you ask us.
Quote by UntilISleep
You have excellent taste in literature, dear sir

Quote by Primus2112
You have excellent taste in video games, good sir.

Quote by GbAdimDb5m7
You have terrible taste in signatures, idiotic sir.

kkoo
Pandoraaaaaaaaaaaaa
╘MESHUG╦G╗AH

Ibanez ARX 350
Dunlop 535Q
Ibanez TS9
Peavey TransTube Supreme
DRIVE Elite straight 412
I am so tired of you pretentious assholes looking down your nose at me. I cant buy all the music I listen too. I do the best I can to buy it whenever I can but obviously Im not going to be able to all the time. I purposefully left out the word "free" because i didnt want the thread to get closed. I thought it was kind of implied.