Page 1 of 3
Kind of the opposite on my thread with the good acting. Name movies that were alright, but had bad acting that really hurt the film.

I mentioned Godfather Part II in the previous thread, so I'll mention Godfather Part III in this one. Pretty much what all the critics had a problem with; Sofia Coppola playing Al Pacino's daughter. She really wasn't that bad, but any scene that required a bit more drama and emotion, she was pretty weak with. Plus I felt like Al Pacino's acting wasn't quite up to par with his performance in Part I and II.

Also; the Star Wars prequels. I thought they were entertaining, had an interesting story, good action sequences, but the acting was pretty bad. I don't even really blame the actors, since 1. More the half of the movies are shot in a green room, and 2. the dialogue is terribly simple.
Jumper.

Oh wait. Its all bad.

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb
The room.
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
Keanu Reeves absolutely destroyed Francis Ford Coppola's Dracula. Not even Gary Oldman was capable of saving it.
Quote by Shredder XXX
how about the way your entire country generalizes a culture by the actions of a few, citing any Americans idea of a middle eastern person.
Quote by Azwethinkwedo
The Fountain, Hugh Jackman cannot act and I dare anyone to prove me wrong.
EDIT: actually in hindsight there was some awesome moments for him in that movie, but an equal amount of cringe worthy ones.

I think he's fantastic in that movie That's my favorite film
My God, it's full of stars!
Quote by TheIceCreamMan
Keanu Reeves absolutely destroyed Francis Ford Coppola's Dracula. Not even Gary Oldman was capable of saving it.

Yup, him and Winona Ryder ****ed that shit straight to hell. I'd say "The Happening", because the acting was absolutely horrendous, but it was a goddamned stupid movie anyways.
... For A Pair Of Brown Eyes

Quote by Bladez22
smoke, you get more awesome by the minute..... You have an epic beard, live near woods, listen to metal, grill stuff using makeshift bbqs out of old cans, and now we find out you have stabbed someone in the dick
Seccond in command. god damn Jean-Claude Van Damme
Quote by FatalGear41
When you break a bass string, that snapping sound is the sound of six dollars going down the crapper.

Sterling Ray 35
Hartke Ha3500 head - Gallien Krueger 212MBE cab
Tech 21 VT Bass
Zoom b2
Star Wars I & II & III were great. But the guy who played Anakin....
Quote by DonGlover

You look like a young Eugene Levy, but with a moustache.

Quote by slapsymcdougal
Quote by Dreadnought
Kicking a man when he's down, I'm proud of you

When they're down is the safest time.

Soundcloud
Sharks Stanley Cup 15-16
Sharks Stanley Cup 16-17,,,,?
Quote by maroon5mustdie
Blue Velvet (apart from Frank, of course).

you know NOTHING of the greatness of David Lynch
mugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmug
Quote by jakesmellspoo
you know NOTHING of the greatness of David Lynch

David Lynch? **** THAT SHIT! PABST BLUE RIBBON.

David Lynch was fantastic. We're complaining about the actors, here.
Quote by maroon5mustdie
Blue Velvet (apart from Frank, of course).

There is not a single bad performance in that movie. The cheesy stiffness of a lot of the characters is entirely intentional and meant to create that Leave It To Beaver perfect little town vibe.
Quote by Shredder XXX
how about the way your entire country generalizes a culture by the actions of a few, citing any Americans idea of a middle eastern person.
I still stand by that I would have liked Twilight if not for the acting.
Quote by TheIceCreamMan

I came here to say this.

EDIT: Also, The Wickerman remake blew dick, but Nic Cage's acting really pushed it from "bad" to hilarious.
Gear
Highway One Tele (w/Custom Shop 51 Nocaster pickups)
Standard Tele (modded to Nashville specs)
Reverend Roundhouse

Orange Rockerverb 50 MKI
Vox AC4c1
Jet City JCA20H

And pedals!

"Shiva opens her arms now..
...to make sure I don't get too far"
Last edited by barden1069 at Jan 20, 2012,
Quote by barden1069
I came here to say this.

EDIT: Also, The Wickerman remake blew dick, but Nic Cage's acting really pushed it from "bad" to hilarious.
That's not bad acting. That's great acting.
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
Quote by The Madcap
Kind of the opposite on my thread with the good acting. Name movies that were alright, but had bad acting that really hurt the film.

I mentioned Godfather Part II in the previous thread, so I'll mention Godfather Part III in this one. Pretty much what all the critics had a problem with; Sofia Coppola playing Al Pacino's daughter. She really wasn't that bad, but any scene that required a bit more drama and emotion, she was pretty weak with. Plus I felt like Al Pacino's acting wasn't quite up to par with his performance in Part I and II.

Also; the Star Wars prequels. I thought they were entertaining, had an interesting story, good action sequences, but the acting was pretty bad. I don't even really blame the actors, since 1. More the half of the movies are shot in a green room, and 2. the dialogue is terribly simple.
The Star Wars prequels are a result of bad directing and not bad acting.
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
also, the Godfather III is a bad example. the writing was bad, and the acting was about 50/50.

that final scene with the opera music makes me laugh my ass off. oh, and the scene where they're passing around trays of gold watches is retarded.
mugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmug
Quote by jakesmellspoo
also, the Godfather III is a bad example. the writing was bad, and the acting was about 50/50.

that final scene with the opera music makes me laugh my ass off. oh, and the scene where they're passing around trays of gold watches is retarded.

Needed moar Robert Duvall.

Studio shoulda ponied up.
A lot of the James Bond movies suffered because of a terrible bond girl, namely "The World is Not Enough."
I like St. Anger. Ridicule me, daddy

Quote by ErikLensherr

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
Quote by Ghostmaker
Brad Pitt was awful in Se7en.

Here's my synopsis of Se7en.
"What's in the baaaaaaaaax?"

That's it.
Oh, and almost every Keanu Reeves movie.
I like St. Anger. Ridicule me, daddy

Quote by ErikLensherr

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
Quote by zgr0826
A lot of the James Bond movies suffered because of a terrible bond girl, namely "The World is Not Enough."

I think you made an interesting point. even though actually, bond's movies also suffer from bond himself. daniel craig
Quote by FatalGear41
When you break a bass string, that snapping sound is the sound of six dollars going down the crapper.

Sterling Ray 35
Hartke Ha3500 head - Gallien Krueger 212MBE cab
Tech 21 VT Bass
Zoom b2
Quote by TheIceCreamMan

Other than Reeves that movie was fantastic.
Guitars:
-Gibson Les Paul Custom Shop Silverburst (Invader/'59)
-Fender Standard Telecaster HH Black (SH-5/'59)
-Fender Standard Stratocaster HH White (Nazgul/'59)
-Austin Guitars Les Paul Goldtop Copy (Distortion/'59)
-Ovation ApplauseAE44II Elite Black Acoustic

Amps/Cabs
-Peavey 6505+
-Peavey Stereo Chorus 2x12 Combo
-Behringer Ultracoustic ACX450 1x8 Acoustic Combo
-Marshall MX2x12 Cabinet

Wayyyyy too many effects pedals...
[quote="'-[NiL"]-']I still stand by that I would have liked Twilight if not for the acting.

This.
Fanfiction profile: Kutlessrocker's Fanfiction profile. Click Me!

Quote by BrokenBricks
haha yah, kinda. cows are such hilarious creatures, they would be so worthless in nature. the totality of their existence is to taste good with A1 poured on them.
Nicolas Cage.
████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
[quote="'-[NiL"]-']I still stand by that I would have liked Twilight if not for the acting.

This.

The acting was absolutely atrocious.

Same goes for the other two, though it wasn't as bad in the sequels.
Guitars:

Amps/Cabs
-Peavey 6505+
-Marshall MX2x12 Cabinet

Quote by MusicMan24
This.

The acting was absolutely atrocious.

Same goes for the other two, though it wasn't as bad in the sequels.

Breaking Dawn and Eclipse were the best, in my opinion.
Fanfiction profile: Kutlessrocker's Fanfiction profile. Click Me!

Quote by BrokenBricks
haha yah, kinda. cows are such hilarious creatures, they would be so worthless in nature. the totality of their existence is to taste good with A1 poured on them.
Quote by Kutless Rocker
Breaking Dawn and Eclipse were the best, in my opinion.

I haven't seen Breaking Dawn, and I really don't care to.

But yeah, Eclipse is the best of the first 3
Guitars:

Amps/Cabs
-Peavey 6505+
-Marshall MX2x12 Cabinet

Quote by zgr0826
Oh, and almost every Keanu Reeves movie.

The thing is, Keanu Reeves is actually a pretty good actor. It's obvious from movies like The River's Edge and My Own Private Idaho. I'd even say Bill and Ted was acted well. But for some god damn reason, directors want him to act poorly.

edit: Scanners is a good example, I think. The premise is awesome, and most of the acting is awesome. But the main character is so god damn wooden that he's unrelatable. You want the bad guy to win.
Quote by vintage x metal
I love you =] I can't say I was very fond of you when we first started talking because you trolled the hell out of my threads, but after talking to you here I've grown very attached to you.

Yeah, write to my fanclub about it, honey.
Last edited by Jack Off Jill at Jan 20, 2012,
sherlock holmes

i love RDJ but the guy just cant do an english accent, he just ends up mumbling incoherently
Quote by yellowfrizbee
What does a girl have to do to get it in the butt thats all I ever wanted from you. Why, Ace? Why? I clean my asshole every night hoping and wishing and it never happens.
Bitches be Crazy.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Quote by Kensai
Nicolas Cage.

Came in here to say this.
"You have brains in your head,
You have feet in your shoes,
You can steer yourself,
any direction you choose,
You're on your own,
And you know what you know,
And YOU are the one who'll decide where to go."

- Dr. Seuss
Quote by Acϵ♠
sherlock holmes

i love RDJ but the guy just cant do an english accent, he just ends up mumbling incoherently

i really think that's supposed to be part of the character. ya know, with the drugs and all. it didn't sound that bad to me, but i'm from the US and as long as he doesn't sound like Dick Van Dyke it's fine with me.
Also, there were a lot of really awesome episodes of Tales from the Crypt which were ruined either through bad acting or pointless cameos. In one episode, which was directed by Arnold Schwarzenegger, the story was really great. It made you feel really sorry for the main character, but the acting by whoever played the scientists almost ruined it for me. And in another episode there was a cameo by Whoopi Goldberg as a killer.
Quote by vintage x metal
I love you =] I can't say I was very fond of you when we first started talking because you trolled the hell out of my threads, but after talking to you here I've grown very attached to you.

Yeah, write to my fanclub about it, honey.
Page 1 of 3