Poll: What level do you consider yourself?
Poll Options
View poll results: What level do you consider yourself?
Beginner
21 10%
Intermediate
132 60%
Advanced
47 21%
God
21 10%
Voters: 221.
Page 1 of 3
lv 69
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
I'm still advanced from a producer's point of view, but my skills have diminished since I've quit playing.
What, do you think this a guitar site or something?

281-330-8004, that's my cell phone number, hit me up on the low
Quote by severed-metal
lol

?? These emotions confuse me
My God, it's full of stars!
Quote by Dreadnought
Forever intermediate

This. I'm in a rut cause I haven't played with anyone in forever.
you're a stone fox
Quote by Dreadnought
Forever intermediate

This.
TO ALL MY KILLERS AND MY HUNDRED DOLLAR BILLERS...
...TO EMO KIDS THAT GOT TOO MANY FEELINGS
Advanced...and still a long way to go.
I'd like to help, but not as much as I'd like not to.

"To be successful, you need to be a good musician. To be popular, you just need to be fashionable" - Ritchie Blackmore
I've been playing for about 2 years now and I'd say I'm an intermediate but with college I haven't gotten to play in about 6 months so I'm now back to a beginner status but if I play for a week I'll get back to my previous standard... hopefully!
Quote by Dreadnought
?? These emotions confuse me

I laugh at how well you described my ability to play, and then I cried slightly when I realized I won't get much better.
Quote by severed-metal
I laugh at how well you described my ability to play, and then I cried slightly when I realized I won't get much better.

Hah, bit of a pessimist aren't you?
Intermediate and happy with it.
I shall grant you three wishes.

None of which will work.

Does the above post enrage, offend or confuse you?

Good.

I like my women how I like my guitars. Curvy and like it when I finger them.
I can practice to be Advanced or God, but I don't want to put in the time right now because I have other things to worry about. Time will eventually necessitate my practice, and I will be a glorious guitarist.

Quote by denizenz
I'll logic you right in the thyroid.

Art & Lutherie
Quote by severed-metal
Well, I don't like to brag about it.

Because no one cares anyway? I understand
where's the option for mediocre? i can play most things, just pretty sloppy and with pretty bad fingering techniques.
mugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmug
hmm, low intermediate i'd guess

i can pick some songs by ear, some take research (loltabs).. i'm not very technical, i can play lots of metal-ish fast rythms, but i just struggle with the solos (hardest i can play would be hotel california?)
don't really try to play other ppl song's nowadays, just try to make my own, but i should keep practicing my technique, i lack motivation to do it tho
Amateur. I can play most stuff off the fly, I have jazz training including but not limited to Bossa, Latin, big band and swing (mostly on trumpet, but it transfers. I learned this improvising after a bowl last night). I studied under the same teacher as Jeff Coffin (sax player for DMB) and my ego is the typical trumpet motherfucker. I also have a Pinecaster, luthiered here in my great home state of Maine

And I haven't even gone to college.

Quote by severed-metal
Nobody cares, because nothing matters. The world is nothing, people are shit, and people are shit.

Just so you know, I wanted you to know that people are shit
╘MESHUG╦G╗AH

Ibanez ARX 350
Dunlop 535Q
Ibanez TS9
Peavey TransTube Supreme
DRIVE Elite straight 412
Last edited by bastards at Jan 20, 2012,
Quote by Dreadnought
Because no one cares anyway? I understand

Nobody cares, because nothing matters. The world is nothing, people are shit, and people are shit.
On the lower end of advanced, where I've been for like 2 years now... I still play but I've lost the motivation to really improve myself which I had for the 7 years or so before that. Then again I used to have all the time in the world to play guitar, so I would play for 5 or 6 hours a day easily, but now I can't really do that. And I when I do play, I just dick about and play along to songs, instead of actively trying to improve my skills.
Somewhere between intermediate and advanced but closer to advanced
Quote by yellowfrizbee
What does a girl have to do to get it in the butt thats all I ever wanted from you. Why, Ace? Why? I clean my asshole every night hoping and wishing and it never happens.
Bitches be Crazy.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
In terms of technical skill? Mediocre
In terms of style points? Awesome, I love my vibrato and soloing.
In terms of songwriting? My riffs are pretty cool, nothing revolutionary.

I generally tell people they should hear me play and judge for themselves when they ask how good I am.
Intermediate, and quite happy with what I can do...

Gibson Buckethead Les Paul & Peter Frampton Les Paul
Dean Razorback Slime Bumblebee
Mesa Boogie Dual Rectifier
EHX Memory Man/Hazarai
Digitch Whammy
Sovtek Straight 4x12
Herdim Picks
Laney Linebacker 50 Reverb
MXR Phase 90
Level 70 Warlock

ureh

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Page 1 of 3