SO i have an idea for a metalcore song, and I recorded it today. I personally like the riffs alot. what I REALLY want is crit on the mixing. Ive been working on mixing alot lately, and want to know if you guys like how it sounds, what I can improve on and what u guys like. ALSO could u guys let me know if u like the riffs? thanks

as always Ill c4c.

And its on my profile page, its called mix test.

http://profile.ultimate-guitar.com/awesomo41894/
First thing I noticed was that the guitars and bass need to be clearer. Perhaps if you doubled the guitars and panned them. I can barely tell what the lead guitar is doing, which is a shame because it SEEMS like it's doing something cool - which could be made even cooler had you harmonized it on the second time through
The drums mix needs fixing too, all I really hear is SHHHHHH. From what I can hear though, I do like what your playing and has a big ballsy vibe. So keep it up champo!
Quote by CarolBrady33
First thing I noticed was that the guitars and bass need to be clearer. Perhaps if you doubled the guitars and panned them. I can barely tell what the lead guitar is doing, which is a shame because it SEEMS like it's doing something cool - which could be made even cooler had you harmonized it on the second time through
The drums mix needs fixing too, all I really hear is SHHHHHH. From what I can hear though, I do like what your playing and has a big ballsy vibe. So keep it up champo!

haha thanks man yeah, the improvised solo I just took like 10 mins mixing and maybe an hour recording (Including the rhythms and bass). lol I use a really bad drum program (Hydrogen) so there isnt TOO much I can do about the drums. And even though its hard to hear, I have 8 rhythm tracks, four left four right and 2 bass (around the center) it sounded better be4 I added the solo, I really dont know anything about mixing a solo tbh. lol This is really my first foray into getting a good mixing sound (be4 id just do one track and throw it together from one track each with little editing). Once again thanks man Do u have anything for me to crit?