So the other day, I let my friend use my PRS Santana. He was being rough with it and he made me get 2 small dings on it, which pisses me off because it was perfect before that. So how can I make these dings less noticable? Bellow I have pictures of the dings
Attachments:
Dent 2.jpg
dent 1.jpg
suck it up dude, thats just how it happens. I once owned a brand new PRS CE22, now it is a slightly beat-up PRS
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Agreed, leave it as it is. Dings and scratches add character.
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
My tasty licks aren't going anywhere.
At least now you don't have to worry about making it imperfect. It really won't be worth the hastle or cost and it's going to get dented in the future anyway no matter how hard you try not to.
There's a good chance that what I've written above is useless and if you take any of the advice it's your own fault.
Quote by Enjoisk8bording
So the other day, I let my friend use my PRS Santana. He was being rough with it and he made me get 2 small dings on it, which pisses me off because it was perfect before that. So how can I make these dings less noticable? Bellow I have pictures of the dings

I think Stewmac has a like a little dent fix kit for things like this though.

But the time and effort to sand, fill, cover, sand, clear, sand and polish those two little dents is far far more trouble than it's worth to just live with them. And if you haven't done anything like this before, you stand an excellent chance of making it far worse than what it is now.

So.....Just leave them and move on with life.

However I do feel your angst. You probably treated that guitar with kid gloves. Remember to thank your friend for fuking your guitar then handing it back to you. That's always nice.
'It takes 100 guitar players to change a light. One to change the light and 99 to stand around pointing, saying..."Yeah man, look...I can do that too"...'

My gear is in my Profile

Builds & Refurbs
Hondo 780 Deluxe
Gibson Studio
Epi LP100
Last edited by Phoenix V at Jan 21, 2012,
get a red sharpie and color them in, thats what guitar shops (at least around here) do to make them less noticeable. I was also told that it prevents the chip from getting bigger, im not sure how true that is.....
“More metal than your gran’s left hip.” - Paul Allender on his PRS signature guitar
I usually just match the paint if it's to the wood. if it's just in the finish I'll leave it alone.
deal with it
Quote by kangaxxter
The only real answer to the SG vs Les Paul debate is to get a Flying V and laugh at all the suckers who don't have one.

Quote by Blompcube

if you embrace inaccurate intonation it can be quite arousing.

I <3 TWEED
i'd say your best bet as far as getting rid of dings would be to get a hacksaw and just saw off that piece of the guitar
Originally posted by adVENTURA
if your in a punk band just do like Lars and Tim in rancid and scream like you got marbles in your mouth.

Check out my Music Here
I have a telecaster i play everyday just HOPING to get more dings on it faster... And you are weeping over 2 measly dingies maaaannn....

There's really no real way to have it look perfect again unless you know EXACTLY the paint and finish used on it and get your hands on the guitar to re-finish it...
"RAWR WIRES >:O"
One more kiss... One more touch...
I miss you, wont you hug me just one last time?

Twitter!!~ Follow Re-follow :P
Quote by Heilz
I have a telecaster i play everyday just HOPING to get more dings on it faster... And you are weeping over 2 measly dingies maaaannn....

I think that Fenders attract dings more than a PRS. You never see a thread with someone wanting to do a relic job on a Paul Reed Smith.
Quote by Most_Triumphant
Depends, I don't know what pickups go good with plywood. EMGs will make it sound like every other EMG guitar though.

Quote by JazzMunkeyy
it needs a silver flakes
and sara underwood
You're complaining about that!? Pfff.... I should show you my Strat. lol
It looks like I dropped it on the freeway.

-Tony
Quote by X-plorer88
You're complaining about that!? Pfff.... I should show you my Strat. lol
It looks like I dropped it on the freeway.

-Tony

i think were gonna need pics
Quote by kangaxxter
The only real answer to the SG vs Les Paul debate is to get a Flying V and laugh at all the suckers who don't have one.

Quote by Blompcube

I <3 TWEED
Quote by EspTro
i think were gonna need pics

+1 lol
“More metal than your gran’s left hip.” - Paul Allender on his PRS signature guitar
picks shures!!
Quote by Most_Triumphant
Depends, I don't know what pickups go good with plywood. EMGs will make it sound like every other EMG guitar though.

Quote by JazzMunkeyy
it needs a silver flakes
and sara underwood
Quote by X-plorer88
The irony is I just sent my strat out to be refinished.

-Tony

THE IRONY!!!
Quote by kangaxxter

Quote by Blompcube

I <3 TWEED