I figure since this is where most Dream Theater posts go that this is where I should start with this thread :P

Anyhow. I'm starting to realize just how awesome concept albums are. Scenes From A Memory by Dream Theater, Phantom on the Horizon by The Fall Of Troy, and Blood Mountain by Mastodon, all awesome albums. Anyone have a good recommendation for a concept album?
Paradise Theater - Styx
I have more fun than normal people are allowed to have.

Quote by Kensai

Happy RUTAS everybody
- Any Coheed and Cambria album. All are part of one massive concept. Recommend starting with Second Stage Turbine Blade or In Keeping Secrets of Silent Earth: 3
- The Color Spectrum by The Dear Hunter
- Fear of a Blank Planet or The Incident by Porcupine Tree
Colors - Between the Buried and Me
Guitars:
FENDER Sugar Rush, Scala-Caster Strat
KRAMER Striker600ST (from 86)

Amps:
MARSHALL Haze 40

Pedals:
Rocktron Banshee 2 Talkbox
Boss MD2
Crybaby
Visual Sound Tremolo
FAB Chorus
Porcupine Tree - In Absentia, The Incident
Opeth - MAYH, Ghost Reveries
- - - - - - - -
When I think of the perpetual journey through life
When it always feels like autumn
The wind moves slowly to the north
And the flowers die
Rain falls in my dreams

- - - - - - - -
Operation Mindcrime - Queensryche. Hands down.Aye! "Operation Mindcrime" be'ith a grand tale told in true Metal! Be certain to hear ye original composition unleashed in MCMLXXXVIII, not ye sour-toned sequel of MMVI.

Additionally, may this knight proffer a recommendation of Pink Floyd "Animals" and "Ye Wall". Although not Metal albums, these art masterpieces of Rock within theire own right!

This post now concludeth!
WATCH YE TALES OF THIS VERY KNIGHT, AS TOLD IN YE ARTS OF CINEMA AND METAL:
> CLICK'ETH HERE <
Well if you can look over obscurity and see the originality (It is definitely original, you just have to decide whether you like it or not) in these artists/albums then you will definitely appreciate:

Beyond Twilight - For the Love of Art and the Making
Beyond Twilight - Section X
Beyond Twilight - Devil's Hall of Fame
Anubis Gate - The Detached

Mostly rooted in Progressive Metal with influences of various styles done in ways that haven't done by any other that I've heard. You would most likely enjoy them if you appreciate Scenes From a Memory. I know that was my first concept album and I now value two (First and last) of the above four as better/more original than Dream Theater's Scenes From a Memory.