so im trying to sell my 212 valveking combo...and I have had this damn thing on ebay/craigslist for sooooo damn long.

did the opinions on these rly go down that much lol?
but real question is what is the value of one of these guys used? it is stock cept the ehx/jj's tubes...and has been retubed by a pro sound person. it is good condition.

not trying to sell here so don't get the wrong forum thing going, just wondering what im doing wrong, or what the amp does wrong! thanks guys
For the 212, they're about $300 - 400 used.

The thing with Valvekings is, a lot of people would rather get a 6505+ 112 or the Vypyr Tube for similar money, or go for amps like Jet City or Bugera. They've got a lot of competition from other amp builders on the low gain side, like Fender, and on the high gain side, Peavey themselves and Bugera.

If you're asking for a Strat in a trade, maybe consider dropping the HSC. A MIM Strat is about $300 used by itself, a HSC may push that up past the Valveking's equivalent value.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
Quote by Raijouta
For the 212, they're about $300 - 400 used.

The thing with Valvekings is, a lot of people would rather get a 6505+ 112 or the Vypyr Tube for similar money, or go for amps like Jet City or Bugera. They've got a lot of competition from other amp builders on the low gain side, like Fender, and on the high gain side, Peavey themselves and Bugera.

If you're asking for a Strat in a trade, maybe consider dropping the HSC. A MIM Strat is about $300 used by itself, a HSC may push that up past the Valveking's equivalent value.

I wouldn't reject a trad if it didn't have a hsc, my lists actually say case or no case just lemme know. I actually snagged a jet city 50w head for suuuper low which is why im dumping the peavey..ehh idk, maybe ill keep it as a back up. I rly want a strat to mod on tho....I have an am dlx but don't wanna mess with it. lol
PM sent
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
Last edited by trashedlostfdup at Jan 21, 2012,
In my experience 2x12 combos are very hard to sell in most circumstances unless you are talking about one of the classics like a vox ac30, fender twin etc. Just because they are big and unwieldy. People end up either going with a 1x12 or a head and 2x12 since both options are easier to transport..
Quote by coolstoryangus
In my experience 2x12 combos are very hard to sell in most circumstances unless you are talking about one of the classics like a vox ac30, fender twin etc. Just because they are big and unwieldy. People end up either going with a 1x12 or a head and 2x12 since both options are easier to transport..

yeh thats on of the main reasons iswitched from it...that thing is a major pain in the ass to move, its like 75 pounds with one handle lol wtf?
if you are asking about the same price as places like GC then you'll be waiting a long time. there you get a warrenty of sorts plus people can try the amp. VK's are a dime a dozen so you have to give a really good deal to move them. this has nothing to do with whether people suddenly don't like them (not the case) but rather with ecomonic reality. and yes i use a VK and really like it.