Poll: Do you believe in karma?
Poll Options
View poll results: Do you believe in karma?
Yes
48 29%
No
117 71%
Voters: 165.
Page 1 of 2
Right, I wouldn't normally ask but recent events (~2 years) have made me sceptical.

2 ish years ago, I was in a relationship. I went on holiday roughly 2 months into relationship and ended up falling for a girl. I didn't want to mess my current gf around so I ended it as soon as I got back. To cut a long story short, we ended up getting back together 4/5 months later.

I really liked this girl, but I developed this false bravado that I could get any girl, based on getting my ex back. I ended up dumping her on the back of this, for no real reason.

Since this point, I have had NO luck with girls. I'm not going to be all *forever alone* because there's been pointless shags and girls that have liked me, but I'm not one to get with a girl purely because she likes me. What does that achieve!

Basically, about 4/5 times I've got extremely close to a girl (or they've let me get close) to only find out they've got a boyfriend.

To make this worse, at least 3/5 of the times, I've had 'I've got a boyfriend but...'

I'd rather them be happy with em, rather than this ambiguity y'know?

I post this because it happened again tonight. I overheard this girl and her mate talking about me. Her friend said 'I'm 24, i'm too old for him' and this girl said 'I'm not'. I asked her if she wanted a drink and she went to the bar. I asked her if she wanted to go somewhere quiet to chat after, and she said no because she had a bf. Why say that shit to knock me down like that man.

The whole last 2 years have made me believe in karma. I messed a girl around, so I'm getting fucked around. Those who know me on UG, know I had a rough 2011 for other reasons, but it would be stupid to attribute them to this.

Opinions pit?

I don't think karma exists, I think you're just getting a shitty hand. Grow a moustache and I guarantee your luck will quintuple.
Karma made you her bitch, yo
Quote by DonGlover

You look like a young Eugene Levy, but with a moustache.

Quote by slapsymcdougal
Quote by Dreadnought
Kicking a man when he's down, I'm proud of you

When they're down is the safest time.

Soundcloud
Sharks Stanley Cup 15-16
Sharks Stanley Cup 16-17,,,,?
I don't believe in karma. But I firmly believe in being the best person you can be.
My sig? Nice.
Alright, I should actually write my thoughts.

Bad things will happen to bad people, because the people around them will not go out of their way to do nice things to them. Conversely, if you're a good person, people will do good things for you.

But complete strangers? Nothing will change how they act to you.
Karma is underpowered and needs to be buffed.
Quote by tattyreagh
He's the hero The Pit deserves but not the one it needs right now. So, we'll hunt him, because he can take it. Because he's not our hero. He's a silent guardian. A watchful protector. GbAdimDb5m7.

Free Jani92jani

Free Will Swanson
But, i'm not a bad person. I don't go out looking for a shag. I go out to have a good time. Tonight I happened to meet a nice girl who was into me, then dropped that bombshell. The random hook-ups have come about when I want to be a dick. I just can;t seem to get the balance right.
Shit happens to everyone. Good things occasionally happen to everyone.

If they coincidentally coincide with other events, people label it as Karma.
Yes.
Do you feel warm within your cage?

And have you figured out yet -

Life goes by?
Quote by Hydra150
There's a dick on Earth, too
It's you
No I don't. My views on it are exactly as Dirge said.
Quote by L2112Lif
I put a ton of my capital into SW Airlines... The next day, THE NEXT DAY these nutters fly into the WTC. What the hell? Apparently no one wanted to fly anymore, and I was like "What gives? God damnit Osama, let me win a fuggin' game!"
She just wanted a free drink, i reckon.
You dirty piece of shit, you.

Quote by FireFromTheVoid
I smoked weed with my mom once.
It was the weirdest moment of my life, and I`ve been caught with my dick in my hand, by my brother, with a giant close up of a dudes face on the tv.

Twatter
Quote by Dirge Humani
Alright, I should actually write my thoughts.

Bad things will happen to bad people, because the people around them will not go out of their way to do nice things to them. Conversely, if you're a good person, people will do good things for you.

But complete strangers? Nothing will change how they act to you.

This, plus when you do a good/bad thing you're more likely to remember the events that support your side of the theory.
No I don't to be honest, it seems like you're just going through a rough patch man. 2011 has been the shittiest year for loads of people, I don't understand why. Point is, stuff like that happens to everyone. You can't just say "I treated someone wrong 2 years ago and now the universe is making bad stuff happen".

I also disagree with Dirge, for me it's: Do good deeds and you get a bad/good treatment, do bad deeds and you get a bad/good treatment.
Last edited by ali.guitarkid7 at Jan 20, 2012,
it's indeed exist, karma shows us justice.. you **** other person around, another person will accidentally come and **** you too..
I do good things not because I want good things to happen in return. That's stupid.

I do good things because it makes people happy.
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Yamaha Pacifica 112
Alvarez SLM
Orange Dark Terror
Orange PPC212OB 2x12 cab
Yamaha P-85 Keyboard
Quote by anarkee
The western definition, no. It a huge misappropriation to explain arbitrary fate.

You're not a super-mod anymore!
Quote by L2112Lif
I put a ton of my capital into SW Airlines... The next day, THE NEXT DAY these nutters fly into the WTC. What the hell? Apparently no one wanted to fly anymore, and I was like "What gives? God damnit Osama, let me win a fuggin' game!"
Not in a direct way. But I believe that whatever good deed you do will somehow benefit you or create some sort of chain reaction of decent deeds. If I'm a dick to someone, he's gonna be a dick to the next guy. And that's kind of a dick move.

However I do find it a very clever thing to believe in. If everyone had karma in mind I'd assume the world would be a better place.

The existence of it is rather irrelevant to be fair. If everyone just went along and said "hey karma exists" being around people would be bearable. It hardly is nowadays because people act like proper shit because they feel like it.

I can hardly stand being around people when I'm out anymore, especially now drunk people because somehow it seems people think it's okay to start acting like proper douchebags because they can just say "hey I'm drunk man, chill".
sometimes I see us in a cymbal splash or in the sound of a car crash
Last edited by JohnnyGenzale at Jan 20, 2012,
Kharma? Yes.

I kid. I don't think karma is real, no. There may be instances when it would appear as it karma has come round to bite someone back in the arse but that can just be a coincidence.
Sure: you reap what you sow, karma, what goes around comes around.. all that.
not going viral

Hot E-Cousin of rjaylaf

Non Evil E-Twin of stealstrings

E-NEMESIS of deathdrummer
As a general indication that good things eventually happen to good people and vice-versa? Yes.
As an unstoppable force of universal balance? Nah.
██████████████████████████
████████████████████████
█████████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████

LET'S GO BUCKS
Not even with a single fiber of my very being.
--------------╯╰--------------
A SIGNATURE.
--------------╮╭--------------
I believe be good regardless of whether or not you get good in return. I don't think everybody gets good in return. I kindof believe in karma, but not in the typical hindu sense I guess.
“Just to sum up: I would do various things very quickly.” - Donald Trump
I believe I can fly, touch the sky, spread my wings and fly away, that I can soar, and run through open doors. Oh, and pee on people.

Life goes by?
Quote by Hydra150
It's you
I do,someone who used to harass me a lot for stuff on a forum,supposedly is now in money troubles and such. I do believe that karma can be a bitch.
What goes around comes around.
You reap what you sew.
Billy Mays died on an airplane with a nose full of coke.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
You should be careful what you say. Some asshole will probably sig it.

Quote by Axelfox
Yup, a girl went up to me in my fursuit one time.

Quote by Xiaoxi
I can fap to this. Keep going.
I believe in karma, but not because of anything like ancient mystic magic. I just think that if you keep screwing people over, everyone's going to want to take you down and if you do good things for other people, they'll help you.
Party on Wayne. Party on Garth.
Quote by anarkee
The western definition, no. It a huge misappropriation to explain arbitrary fate.

Thanks. Not enough people know that the Western concept of Karma has nothing to do with the real meaning of karma. It's not "what goes around comes around". Either way I don't care for either definition, the universe is completely indifferent to us.
Quote by Jackal58
What goes around comes around.
You reap what you sew.
Billy Mays died on an airplane with a nose full of coke.

Hi, Billy Mays here for coke and altitude.

Life goes by?
Quote by Hydra150
It's you
Can't get high without altitude.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
You should be careful what you say. Some asshole will probably sig it.

Quote by Axelfox
Yup, a girl went up to me in my fursuit one time.

Quote by Xiaoxi
I can fap to this. Keep going.
That's what I hear.

Life goes by?
Quote by Hydra150
It's you
Page 1 of 2