Ok so I'm a beginner at building, but I love srv's guitar lenny and was wondering what did he do to get his finish like that and what wood did he use? Thanks
"When the power of love over comes the love of power the world will know peace."
~Jimi Hendrix
I think it was just a botched coat of sealant over the guitars natural wood, but don't forget the mandolin inlay below the bridge too, extra mojo.
Fender American Standard Telecaster
Vox Night Train 15W
An ever-morphing BOSS and MXR loaded pedalboard

"I eats more chicken any man ever seen!"
-Howlin' Wolf
it looks like that, because he used the **** out of it
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Quote by Robbgnarly
it looks like that, because he used the **** out of it

Are you sure you're not thinking of number 1? Because Lenny's finish had been sanded off and given a varnish of some sort. Number 1 was indeed, abused quite a bit by Stevie and the guy who had it before, Christopher Cross.
Fender American Standard Telecaster
Vox Night Train 15W
An ever-morphing BOSS and MXR loaded pedalboard

"I eats more chicken any man ever seen!"
-Howlin' Wolf
Quote by Bluesblitz
Are you sure you're not thinking of number 1? Because Lenny's finish had been sanded off and given a varnish of some sort. Number 1 was indeed, abused quite a bit by Stevie and the guy who had it before, Christopher Cross.

That's what I was going to say, and I'm not sure what wood lenny was even made of, it looks almost mahogany.
"When the power of love over comes the love of power the world will know peace."
~Jimi Hendrix