Alright so I'm getting a strat soon and I really don't want to run it through my 6505. So I'm looking for suggestions for a low wattage tube amp that will compliment my strat.

-First and foremost my budget will probably be between $400-500 USD
-Preferably 15-40 watts.
-I want to get good cleans but also have it get a lil dirty though if its a single a channel I can always boost it.
-Combo would be preferred but I will think about it if its a nice head, though I would than have to gather more $$ for a cab and I'm about to graduate college
-I'll be playing SRV, Hendrix, Clapton, Skynyrd, Zepplin, and other similar artists.

Thanks Guys

Edit: I don't mind going used.
Ibanez RG1550 Prestige
Schecter C1 Hellraiser
MIJ Ibanez Pro-line 1550
Takamine eg340c
Peavey 6505+ 112 combo
Ibanez Tubescreamer TS- 9
ISP Decimator
MXR M234 Analog Chorus
DeltaLab Digital Delay
Planet Waves Tuner Pedal
POD HD300
Last edited by whyze250f at Jan 21, 2012,
I have a marshall class 5 and love it to pieces...single channel and 5 watts...but man does it pack a punch
How much would a tiny terror cost you?
Quote by UraniYum
Fuck you I'm trying to be caring and shit

Quote by Cb4rabid
Okay guys, I have a confession to make. Not really a confession since it's something that's been bugging me for awhile but I've always been in denial about it.

**** you gilly, it's not what you think
Peavey classic 30? 200-350 used.
Guitars:
'95 MIM black label strat
'99 MIM telecaster
'05 Squier bullet hardtail
'08 First act me501
80's Hondo II strat copy
Amp:
'94 Peavey Classic 30 w/WGS ET65 + 2x12
Effects:
Dunlop GCB95 Wah
MXR M66 Classic OD
Black Russian Big Muff
So far I really like the Peavey classic 30 and fender hotrod deluxe, but the fenders go for a lot more used that the classic 30. Any reason you guys can think of that I should cough up the extra money for the hotrod deluxe. I've only had peavey amps since I started so I really want to try something new, but the price point on the classic 30 used is making me lean towards it. It will only be for home use if it helps.
Ibanez RG1550 Prestige
Schecter C1 Hellraiser
MIJ Ibanez Pro-line 1550
Takamine eg340c
Peavey 6505+ 112 combo
Ibanez Tubescreamer TS- 9
ISP Decimator
MXR M234 Analog Chorus
DeltaLab Digital Delay
Planet Waves Tuner Pedal
POD HD300
dont forget to check out the jet city picovalve. for a 5 watt switchable down to 2 watt amp. its pretty sweet
Live Rig
Michael Kelly Custom Shop Plum Telecaster
Michael Kelly Custom Shop Plum Patriot

EVH 5153 50w
Jet City 2x12
Custom Board

It is NOT trash metal it is tHrash metal...get it right
fenders are a lot cleaner than peaveys in my opinion, i'm just not a fan of peavey at all. i would get the hot rod deluxe. and if you are getting a strat nothing beats fender through fender. if you can find one i've seen the used deluxe reverb reissues go for about 5 or 6, those things will blow the peavey away, only 22 watts too.
Fender Strat Deluxe
Fender MexiStrat
Epiphone Sheritan
Ibanez Artcore
Fender Twin Reverb silverface
Roland JC120
Pedals

Quote by CaptainAmerican
I would recommend the marshal MG100

Very versatile and quality sound. It should treat you well
Carvin V16. Highly overlooked, but should do exactly what you want based on what you described. You can only order it factory direct though, so you can't try it out in person.
Looking at what you want to play ideally I would want to have two amps. But given the circumstances I'd suggest a Blues Jr or a Deluxe Reverb. With a 'Marshall-in-a-box' pedal in front of the DR I can achieve something in the region of all that kind of stuff but then can kick it off and go back into rich cleans that have a bit of attitude when you crank it up. It's 22W and is 'quiet' for its wattage so should suit what you want.

Also DRs seem to be 'everywhere' in guitar-world terms. It's one of those popular amps if you get what I'm saying.
Last edited by Duv at Jan 22, 2012,
a used hot rod dlx should be about $325-350 tops. that would work well with a choice few pedals with the left over monies.
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
I'd see if you couldn't pick up a Blues Junior NOS. I'd say that it's better than the HR Deluxe, and breaks up easier, too.
Actually, I go by Dave, but there are already too many Daves on this forum.

Fender MIM Stratocaster
Fender Jaguar Bass
Epiphone EJ200 Super Jumbo
Fender Excelsior 13w
Acoustic B300HD (with matching 1x12 cab)
BOSS BD-2W
NYC Big Muff Pi
the Peavey Classic 30 is a solid recommendation, the HRD is if you never want a usable gain channel (i played one for a few minutes the other day, the dirt is even worse than i remember it being a while ago). deluxe reverb would be what i recommend. or, look for an old silverface. i have a 1968 bassman that is heavenly, they can be picked up pretty cheap and are great because they are really easy to work on, and are honestly probably better built than stuff today twice the price.

there tons of old fenders on craigslist. i just saw a silverface twin reverb head for $400 on craigslist. he even had it retubed.

i would have liked to swiped that one.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/