So I got a beautiful amp and cab awhile ago (if you didn't notice my sig) and absolutely love it. Wonderfully versatile and suits all my needs.

That's fine and dandy and all but I need something new to play on, simply put I'm GASing bad. Need something truly shred worthy but still versatile enough to play nice rhythm, if that's possible.

Wants:
-no pickup change required
-buying new only
-price doesn't matter cause I have a cuz in the business and I don't pay retail, so I'm open to anything that's not insanely high priced, like $2000 retail would probably be my limit.
-good for most genres, mainly metal and blues
-No BC Rich, Dean, or Les Paul and Fender strat knock-offs (too generic)
Other wants (but not that important)
-no EMGs
-a GOOD Floating bridge (If I have to get a fixed for more versatility that's fine)

If there's anything else I need to specify on let me know. Thanks in advance.
Last edited by Malice26 at Jan 20, 2012,
That's really broad. But uhh... an HSS Fender Strat with a Floyd would most likely do well.

but really, without wanting a p-up change? get a used JP6
modes are a social construct
Quote by Somekid94
That's really broad. But uhh... an HSS Fender Strat with a Floyd would most likely do well.

Like I said, anything else you'd like to know and I'll gladly answer. My mind goes on a strike whenever I have to answer questions that require a specific set of personal opinions, unfortunately.

For instance, I consider strats and LP's a tad generic and would like something different, yet I failed remember that when typing the post. What alcohol can do to the human mind...

Quote by Hail

but really, without wanting a p-up change? get a used JP6

That's priceless. Another thing I forgot to mention is that I want to only buy new, damn my memory sucks. Off to editing...that Music Man is damn sexy though.
Last edited by Malice26 at Jan 20, 2012,
At that price, I'd probably go custom. Jon Kammerer, the Chicago area luthier I buy from has standard models that start at $995, and his customs start at $2000.

If I didn't buy from him? There's a bunch of stuff on my GAS list- Carvin SH550s, Fernandes Ravelles, Vigier Surfreters, Veilettes, Parkers, Moogs, Ruokangas...all high quality.
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
How about an EVH Wolfgang? Either a special or the USA version
MY GEAR:
2001 Fender Tom Delonge Stratocaster

2004 PRS SE EG with SD JB in bridge and staggered single coils in middle and neck position

2011 Epiphone Tom Delonge ES-333

2010 Fender Frontman 212R

2011 Vox Tonelab ST
Quote by Malice26
Like I said, anything else you'd like to know and I'll gladly answer. My mind goes on a strike whenever I have to answer questions that require a specific set of personal opinions, unfortunately.

For instance, I consider strats and LP's a tad generic and would like something different, yet I failed remember that when typing the post. What alcohol can do to the human mind...

Ahh.. In that case, have you looked at what PRS has to offer?
Quote by Somekid94
Ahh.. In that case, have you looked at what PRS has to offer?

Not at all, all I know is everyone on this site raves up and down about them. Looks are deceiving, but from a first impression they look like they can only meet a classic rock standard. Are they really worth the price?
Quote by Malice26
So I got a beautiful amp and cab awhile ago (if you didn't notice my sig) and absolutely love it. Wonderfully versatile and suits all my needs.

That's fine and dandy and all but I need something new to play on, simply put I'm GASing bad. Need something truly shred worthy but still versatile enough to play nice rhythm, if that's possible.

Wants:
-no pickup change required
-buying new only
-price doesn't matter cause I have a cuz in the business and I don't pay retail, so I'm open to anything that's not insanely high priced, like $2000 retail would probably be my limit.
-good for most genres, mainly metal and blues
-No BC Rich, Dean, or Les Paul and Fender strat knock-offs (too generic)
Other wants (but not that important)
-no EMGs
-a GOOD Floating bridge (If I have to get a fixed for more versatility that's fine)

If there's anything else I need to specify on let me know. Thanks in advance.

if you do have an in, ask his advice. he knows you, he knows what he can get you.

however Gibson Explorer?
EBMM Axis
JP-6
Ibanez JCraft/maybe a JCustom (there are other shapes than the superstrat people tend to forget that).
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
Quote by Malice26
Not at all, all I know is everyone on this site raves up and down about them. Looks are deceiving, but from a first impression they look like they can only meet a classic rock standard. Are they really worth the price?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OBXg_mNUPzg
^Guitarist of Daath, he uses a hollowbody PRS.

I think that should answer your question
Quote by Somekid94
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OBXg_mNUPzg
^Guitarist of Daath, he uses a hollowbody PRS.

I think that should answer your question

A hollow body at that, impressive. Not a fan of his "speed kills" philosophy though.

I'm almost sold but the price is a tad steep, I'm really only looking for something you'd pay 2 grand for, and I'm buying without retail too, so my budget is even lower than that.
Used jp6.. But you want new... So I'd say a Gibson explorer or firebird.
ich bin indeed ein sprechender panda, how are you?
Music student, Jazz/Classical/Prog
Music Man JP6 BFR, Ibanez S7420, Fender American Standard, Ibanez EW35 acoustic, 6505+
PRS SE Torero, it has EMGs but you could change them. And it has a Floyd Rose.
PRS SE Custom 24 w/ Seymour Duncan JB and Jazz Pickups
Squire Classic Vibe Stratocaster

Digitech Bad Monkey

Pignose 7100 Legendary Amplifyer
What's wrong with B.C. Rich? They actually make some pretty sweet guitars, along with some horrible rubbish. Look at a custom shop Mockingbird at that price.
"We're content, to pitch our tent,
When the glory's evident"
Petra - Beyond Belief.
Get a music man BFR if you have enough money. It has very nice tones, uses Dimarzio Crunch Lab and LiquiFire, with a full floating piezo trem(just moves like a floyd rose but not locking), supported by sperzel locking tuners. Piezo pickup adds very nice acoustic tones and it can be used at the same time with other pickups. It is a professional guitar, made for a scene, and has lots of nice sustain. It has a quite unusual wood selection, alder body with maple top with a mahogany tone block, a mahogany neck and rosewood fingerboard. One of the best music man guitars. I think thats what you are looking for. I also recommend you to check other music man signatures of john petrucci.