I have owned a peavey vypyr for a long time now and with my band we are ready for gigs but the amp for some reason loses all its good distortion at loud volumes. Could someone help me with this? I really love the amp but it just may not be good enough for gigging
I also own the Vypyr 75, and I wouldn't recommend it for gigging. Too likely to shit out at high volumes for a long period of time (overheating issue).
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
Quote by Offworld92
I also own the Vypyr 75, and I wouldn't recommend it for gigging. Too likely to shit out at high volumes for a long period of time (overheating issue).

Seconding that. I used to own one and it always shat the bed at the absolute worst times... like during a gig, mid song.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
So could any of you recommend an amp i should get? This amo has great sounds and effects..... But i guess ill have to get rid of it
If you liked it then get the Vypyr tube 60 or 120.

Tube amps don't clip like SS. Worst case is you get some power tube distortion.