So I looked up the costs of some effect pedals and cumulating the costs of all of them, i was blown away. So I was considering to get a multi effect pedal. I chose out this one:
http://www.guitarcenter.com/Zoom-G2-1Nu-Guitar-Multi-Effects-Pedal-USB-Interface-H70253-i1712739.gc

Are multi effect pedals any good? If so, is the one I picked out okay? if not, what basic pedals should I buy?
Bass gear:
-Squier Vintage Modified Jazz Bass
-Fender Rumble 15 Amp

Guitar Gear:
-Agile AL-2000
-Boss Tu-3 Tuner -> Joyo Vintage Overdrive -> Joyo Vintage Ultimate Overdrive -> Ernie Ball MVP -> TC Nova Repeater
For that price I would get the DigiTech RP355. Was my old MFX unit and it made all the others ones sound like foofoo.
Quote by Dunning~Kruger
Yes I was rude, and I was aggressive and I was offending a large group of people. But I was civlized about it.

Taylor 414CE
I'd go with a BOSS ME-70. Easy to use, built like a tank and has all the effects you will ever need. Also over here I know BOSS pedal products come with a 5 year warranty, not sure about other countries though.

I had the BOSS ME-50 (older version of the ME-70) for a good 7 years and it was used every day. It never faulted once and still works strong. Comparing to a DIGITECH or ZOOM pedal, the BOSS is superior in ease of use and reliability/ruggedness.

Worth checking out!
I got an RP355 for my practice rig. Gets great tones but it's a pain in the ass to use. Way prefer my GNX4 for functionality.

I'd stay away from the G2. The G3 is OK for a little more $, but if you're going to spend that much, then wait until April and get one of these:

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/guitars/fender-mustang-floor-module/h79025000000000

It's the pre-amp from a Mustang, and those are the best all-solid state amps I've heard. The first time I heard a Mustang amp was at a live show and I couldn't believe it wasn't a tube amp like the tweed amp that guy normally played. It sounded better than his old Fender tube amp.

If you plug this into a house PA, it'll sound just like the Mustang amp but without the micing issues. If you plug it into a tube amp you can get probably get any tone you want--the tubes should wipe up any digital artifacts the pedal might put out on its own.
The boss me-50 is the best... digitech is pure SHIT ...nikolai fraiture and jared followill use it.
Quote by thesexiestofall
The boss me-50 is the best... digitech is pure SHIT ...nikolai fraiture and jared followill use it.

Digitech has its issues, but more features and functionality than Boss for the price. And that's coming from a guy who's bought multiple Roland digital pianos and V-Drums and would again.
Last edited by jetwash69 at Jan 21, 2012,
Thanks for the suggestions

I'll probably look into the DigiTech one since I don't think I need anything more than what it has to offer. I only need the pedal for my praise team at church and messing around at home. Maybe I'll think of getting into a band.
Bass gear:
-Fender Rumble 15 Amp

Guitar Gear:
-Agile AL-2000
-Boss Tu-3 Tuner -> Joyo Vintage Overdrive -> Joyo Vintage Ultimate Overdrive -> Ernie Ball MVP -> TC Nova Repeater
Quote by itzkpanda
Thanks for the suggestions

I'll probably look into the DigiTech one since I don't think I need anything more than what it has to offer. I only need the pedal for my praise team at church and messing around at home. Maybe I'll think of getting into a band.

I wouldn't even think of using an RP-355 for live playing unless it was just for tone shaping. With only 3 stomp controls you can't change patches and effects quickly enough. Just not enough buttons. So if you just want to shape your tone, then it's OK live. Or if you just want to use the same 2 effects without changing the tone, then it's OK live. Otherwise with Digitech you'd need an old GNX4 for an RP-500 or RP-1000.

Most churches have PAs with an XLR snake on stage. With an RP-355 you can plug right into the house PA, and leave your amp at home. With the Boss you'd need a DI Box to do that. The Zoom G3 can do it too, but none of the other Zooms can. You'd also be good with the Fender product above, or with a Line 6 HD-500. I wouldn't consider an HD-300 or HD-400 live for the same reason that an RP-355 (and below) aren't suitable for live work.
I see, so would the Boss ME-70 be a solid pick then?
Bass gear:
-Fender Rumble 15 Amp

Guitar Gear:
-Agile AL-2000
Blah Boss are decent in the effect departmeent but their overdrive , distortion are garbage .

i hate 90 % of the multi effect i tried . specially if your a bedroom player playing through headphone .. peavey vypyr , roland cube , behringer v-amp2 , pod 2.0 , vox tonelab , digitech gsp 2201 etc etc..

Imo they are all piece of junk or decent ( digitech 2201 ) .

curiously after trying every solution for bedroom playing and such ... i end up finding my rocktron vooduvalve . this is a old school preamp from the 90's .. but this thing sound real .. chorus , delay , flanger , amp distortion etc.. they sound great through heapdhone .. the cab sim is the best i heard yet ,.

you can score one for 200-250 ( they are 800 $ new ) used on ebay and imo it rip the ass of every modeler out there .

its not a modeler though .

good luck . Boss and their "cosm" engine IMO suck .. but you get what you pay for .. you want 22 amp + 32 effects for 200 $ ... have low expectation .
Bedroom rock star :

- Gibson Les paul Standard 2001 Honeyburst .
- Agile 3200 Slim
Last edited by Skysc at Jan 21, 2012,
Quote by itzkpanda
I see, so would the Boss ME-70 be a solid pick then?

TBH, the Boss stuff had such a low bang for the buck ratio that I never even tried them.

The ME-70 looks fairly limited, but the GT-10 looks OK.

Seems like you can get most of the useful GT-10 functionality out of that upcoming Fender MFX I mentioned for $200 less. And if the above post is right about the COSM tone, then you're way better off with the Fender.

For $300 you might also want to look into the VOX ToneLab EX.

I'd set aside an afternoon, bring your guitar to the store, and audition these pedals to see what you like in tones, user-friendliness, and functionality. Might want to download the manuals and read them first to help narrow down the field and make more effective use of your time at the store.