I made strat pickguard and headstock veneer out of padauk. I have a friend of mine woodburn some stuff in them. I chose padauk because i love black and red color schemes and padauk becomes a nice dark red when its oiled or lacquered. in this case, it is oiled AND lacquered.

For the pickguard, I decided to do a tree of life kinda theme with some song lyrics. The abysmal roots and lively tree represent the way that beauty can manifest itself from anything. So, instead of following the path that your bad roots have set for you, make your own and become a beautiful tree!

For the headstock, i just had him burn the logo and some little tree root/branch designs on the tip.

The pickguard is twice as thick as the original one, but i dont feel much of a difference in playing the guitar. Check it out!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/74852059@N06/sets/72157628963065323/
its really cool but I dont like how it goes with the rest of the guitar
how can you not like how that goes, although it would look even better with an ebony fretboard...

Nice work dude! love it!
Epiphone Les Paul Plus Top
Jet City JCA5212RC (SLO Modded)
Ibanez WD7 Wah
Mad Professor Sweet Honey Overdrive
TC Electronic Flashback Triple Delay
TC Electronic Trinity Reverb
yeah i wish it was an ebony fretboard too. but oh well. its hard to find a strat with an ebony fretboard. at least the rosewood is really dark
the issue with ebony on a strat is this:

alder body - bright tone wood
maple neck, really bright tone wood
ebony fingerboard - really bright tone wood

makes for a very shrill guitar.

could always rub it down with black stain, would have to be super careful of the maple though
Epiphone Les Paul Plus Top
Jet City JCA5212RC (SLO Modded)
Ibanez WD7 Wah
Mad Professor Sweet Honey Overdrive
TC Electronic Flashback Triple Delay
TC Electronic Trinity Reverb