Since I don't have a full time job I won't be getting a full blown head and cab for a while, so I'm looking to upgrade from my sh*tty Spider III to an amp combo. I'm looking for an amp combo that you can get a good metal tone from (peavey 6505+) but still have decent cleans. I was thinking of getting the Peavey 112 combo but the reviews say the cleans aren't that great.
this is my signature, and it's purple in bold, you can't do anything about it.
Spider 4
Ibanez Prestige RG852MPB
Ibanez Prestige RG652KFX
ESP E-II M-1
LTD AW-7
Schecter Loomis NT
EVH 5150 III 50
PRS 212 DB
Line 6 POD HD500X
Deadhorse OD/Boss HM-2
To be honest, most people who down the cleans on a 6505 haven't played one. I'm not saying they are perfect, or stunning, but...
I'm not even using a plus model and I can manage to get some more than usable cleans. All you have to do is keep the pre gain down on 1 and eq it from there. Sure there are plenty of amps that have cleans bounds ahead of any 6505's, but with a little effort you can get some really nice sounds. Not even beginning to mention adding pedals (delay/chorus) to the mix.
ESP Horizon NT-II
Schecter Hellraiser C-1
Peavey 6505
Orange PPC412
Maxon OD808
ISP Decimator G-String
Boss TU3
The 6505 is just a bad amp all around. What kind of tones are you looking to get? what bands/genres? Budget? Etc.
Periphery, Born of Osiris (The Discovery), August Burns Red, The Devil Wears Prada (Dead Throne), Bring Me the Horizon (Suicide Season, and I only really listen to them for the guitar tone lol), djent, stuff like that. Probably the highest being $800
this is my signature, and it's purple in bold, you can't do anything about it.