Page 1 of 2
Right,so I'm in a band. But my drummer is completely obsessed by cymbals. He wants sabian ozones(??) and it's stopping the band from doing anything,because he refuses to gig without them and won't get them until about August 2014. What should I do?
]
Quote by Oblivion_Rps
Find a new drummer?

I would if I could,but he's my best mate,and has been for years.
]
Well talk to him. Tell him he's compromising the success of the band. If he was a best mate of 4 years he'd see that what he's doing is very selfish.

If not? Find a new drummer and gig.
May the Force be with You.
Carmel is hawt
Quote by Oblivion_Rps
Well talk to him. Tell him he's compromising the success of the band. If he was a best mate of 4 years he'd see that what he's doing is very selfish.

If not? Find a new drummer and gig.

Right I'll try that,but the reason he's getting them in 2014 is because he's going on a rugby tour to Dubai and he's saving up for that.
]
Quote by whoomit
No no no no no. Tell him to get some Zildjian ZHTs.

Why? I have no knowledge about drums
]
Quote by falcon1439
Why? I have no knowledge about drums

Because I like them
is your drummer 12? explain to him other cymbals make noise to. if nothing helps, you could get some cheap cymbals and write 'sabian ozone' on them with a marker and give it to him as a present.
Quote by psyks
You are filthy.
Kick his ass outta that band like a boss. I like good equipment too, but I can gig without it.
Quote by EndTheRapture51
who pays five hundred fucking dollars for a burger
Tell him nobody gives a fuck about him anyway so nobody will pay any attention to or listen to him.
gig, get more gigs, might get paid, money for cymbals. do the whole deferred gratification speech on him.
DONT RISK IT, BUY A BASS AMP
Quote by moody git
gig, get more gigs, might get paid, money for cymbals. do the whole deferred gratification speech on him.

EDIT: ^ Damn you

>Play gigs with non-ozone cymbals
>Earn more money than sitting on your arse all day
>Buy ozones
>Profit
Thanks guys,I need to toughen up. I thought he's being a dick,but I thought that was harsh. His current cymbals are stagg dh ones. Are those alright?
]
Quote by falcon1439
Thanks guys,I need to toughen up. I thought he's being a dick,but I thought that was harsh. His current cymbals are stagg dh ones. Are those alright?

Surprisingly not too bad. Cymbals are one of the few things Stagg are half-decent at.
Quote by Steve635z
*samuel mother****in' L jackson*

i was giving a shorthand of the deferred gratification speech.
DONT RISK IT, BUY A BASS AMP
Maybe this is a subtle way of saying something else like 'I want to take a break'?
Seagulls,the chicken of the ocean.

Originally posted by Gunpowder:
Everyone just jumps on the bandwagon and gives the same advice in these situations. You know what? I'm going to be different. Call the firemen.
So basically I tell him to stop being being a dick,let's gig,your cymbals are fine and just quit moaning and save up?
]
Quote by Ian hawkins
Maybe this is a subtle way of saying something else like 'I want to take a break'?

He's the one who started the band...
]
Quote by falcon1439
I would if I could,but he's my best mate,and has been for years.

Then ask him why he, as your 'best mate', would happily compromise you in this way.
What kind of a prima donna is this guy? Make sure you separate the brown M & M's for him for 2014.
Last edited by Rebel Scum at Jan 21, 2012,
Quote by SlackerBabbath
Then ask him why he, as your 'best mate', would happily compromise you in this way.

He always gets really pissed off when I ask him saying 'they're shit,their made out of blah blah blah and they only sound good if they're rolled around Megan fox's tits and hammered by the CEO's boner Then he compares his cymbals to something like the base squier strat,when,according to you guys,they're alright
]
Last edited by falcon1439 at Jan 21, 2012,
Quote by falcon1439
He always gets really pissed off when I ask him saying 'they're shit,their made out of blah blah blah and they only sound good if they're rolled around Megan fox's tits and hammered by the CEO's boner Then he compares his cymbals to something like the base squier strat,when,according to you guys,they're alright

I once worked with a drummer called Dave Peppard.
Back in the 70's Dave was quite a well known drummer and playing for a band called 'Ace' who had a major hit with a song called 'How Long Has This Been Goin' On?'
I was playing for a band called the Bad Habits back in the early 90s and our drummer was going away for a couple of weeks and Dave, who was a friend of our guitarist, had agreed to fill in. But I had never met him before or seen him play.
We had no rehearsals with the guy, which was worrying me, and then on the night we met this guy at the venue. He walked in and set this heap of what looked like garbage up.
The bass drum was actualy a side tom laid on it's side, he had one tom, a snare, and two 12 inch tinpot cymbles, that were practicaly green because they were so dirty, that also had cracks in them. He didn't even have a hi-hat, all the hardwear was covered in rust, the shells were painted in black hammerite and everything was held together with sticky tape, jubilee clips and string. He hadn't brought a drumstool, he just used a chair that he'd found at the venue and I remember thinking to myself as he set his gear up, either this guy is totaly insane or he's a genius.

Turned out he was a genius, somehow, he made it sound incredible.
Tell your drummer to stop being a ****ing eejit, if he doesn't have an itch to play every second of every day, no matter what equipment he has, he is a worthless musician.
Gear:

Gibson 2005 Les Paul Standard
Fender Road Worn Strat w/ Noiseless pickups
Marshall JCM 2000 401C
Marshall Vintage Modern 2266
Marshall 1960A cab (Dave Hill from Slade's old cab)
Ibanez TS9DX
EHX Little Big Muff
Freshman Acoustic
Quote by falcon1439
I think my drummer would chop his own balls off rather than have that rig

Then he possibly needs reminding that any decent drummer can make crappy gear sound good.
Quote by SlackerBabbath
Then he possibly needs reminding that any decent drummer can make crappy gear sound good.

Problem is,he isn't great
]
Quote by falcon1439
Problem is,he isn't great

He may not be, but I bet he thinks he is, which is what you should be playing upon to get your point across.
Quote by SlackerBabbath
He may not be, but I bet he thinks he is, which is what you should be playing upon to get your point across.

Are you saying use flattery to stop him refusing to play gigs with his 'shit' equipment?
]
Get a new drummer. He sounds awful.
Gear:

Gibson 2005 Les Paul Standard
Fender Road Worn Strat w/ Noiseless pickups
Marshall JCM 2000 401C
Marshall Vintage Modern 2266
Marshall 1960A cab (Dave Hill from Slade's old cab)
Ibanez TS9DX
EHX Little Big Muff
Freshman Acoustic
Quote by falcon1439
Are you saying use flattery to stop him refusing to play gigs with his 'shit' equipment?

Yes, that's exactly what I'm saying.
Quote by ProphetToJables
Get a new drummer. He sounds awful.

At what level do you need sabian apx cymbals anyway??
]
Quote by SlackerBabbath

C'mon, he's a drummer, you should easily be able to mentally outmaneuver him.

You say that now,he's almost as smart as me
]
Page 1 of 2