When using my ts9, I usually take the volume and gain up a little past halfway and the tone around 2ish o clock. Sometimes I use it as a distortion pedal. Other times I use it to add to distortion, it gives great feedback and emphasizes the mids and can sound pretty cool when its that heavy. However, I've noticed lately sometimes when using tubescreamer + amp's distortion, it slips in to a strange thin, bassy sounding overdrive, with some volume loss, it happens somewhat frequently, and only when its ts9 + distortion. I know it shouldnt be happening, and when it does, I usually turn the ts9 off and it goes back in a matter of seconds. The only pedals I use in a chain are this, a malekko delay and a tuner. Has anyone experienced this or know what's happening here?
battery dying possibly?

has it ever happened with only the amp distortion on?
Originally posted by primusfan
When you crank up the gain to 10 and switch to the lead channel, it actually sounds like you are unjustifiably bombing an innocent foreign land.

╠═══════╬═══════╣
τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ
╠═══════╬═══════╣
yeah i think it might be your battery. always use a straight power supply with pedals, people might disagree and say batteries are better but in my opinion the pedals work and sound better with a power supply.

if you already have it plugged in then i don't know what it could be :-/
Fender Strat Deluxe
Fender MexiStrat
Epiphone Sheritan
Ibanez Artcore
Fender Twin Reverb silverface
Roland JC120
Pedals

Quote by CaptainAmerican
I would recommend the marshal MG100

Very versatile and quality sound. It should treat you well
Inanez: Only happens with the screamer engaged over the amp's drive channels, never happens with just distortion or ts9 separately.

I tried changing batteries before and im pretty sure it kept happening, i like batteries when it comes to playing shows, but i suppose i could try a power suPply
Last edited by andyhatescrass at Jan 21, 2012,
Played it earlier and it still happens, even with a power supply. I don't see how having a known good battery is any different than a power supply. Could it be something internal in the pedal?
what i think might be happening is the pedal is sort of acting as a gate. if the amount of drive coming out of the amp is at a certain level and volume, when the pedal is put in front of it takes senority over the signal. do you plug straight in or is it in the fx loop, usually you dont put ODs and such in the loop but try it, it might help.

just a thought, could be wrong
Fender Strat Deluxe
Fender MexiStrat
Epiphone Sheritan
Ibanez Artcore
Fender Twin Reverb silverface
Roland JC120
Pedals

Quote by CaptainAmerican
I would recommend the marshal MG100

Very versatile and quality sound. It should treat you well
Quote by gerraguitar
what i think might be happening is the pedal is sort of acting as a gate. if the amount of drive coming out of the amp is at a certain level and volume, when the pedal is put in front of it takes senority over the signal. do you plug straight in or is it in the fx loop, usually you dont put ODs and such in the loop but try it, it might help.

just a thought, could be wrong

I put it in front, along with a tuner and a delay. Its weird that is whats hapening, my amp is a splawn qr and i would think that an amp with so much drive already could handle being pushed with a tubescreamer. It has 3 gears, each have different levels of drive and i usually use the one with the lightest distortion. Sometimes i use the 2nd gear with it....
Clean the sockets. Spray a bit of contact cleaner on a plug and work it in and out of the sockets a few times. Also make sure it isn't a dodgey patch cable by trying different ones.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
When it happens, try turning the distortion down just a tiny bit to see if it stops. If not, turn the distortion back up and try turning the gain down on the TS just a little to see if if it stops. Sounds like some sort of over saturation or threshold issue.
I had that problem on my BBE Green Screamer (TS808 clone or something like that). I plugged it into the wall and it stopped, plus the light got brighter.