Guitar - Epiphone STD
Strings - Gibson 10"
Problem - "A" string makes "zzz" noise whe you pres 1st to 12th fret.

It feels like the string is too low but it's not. Guitar is new and frets are not worned out. I can lift guitar bridge, but the i can't tune it normally. I mean I can tune it, but the noo chanses to tune it on 12th fret. What should I do? It's starting to annoy me..
all my strings are zzzing (because they are very low), but when you play through the amp you dont hear that stuff anyways so
I would understand it if my guitar would be as cheep as rubbish, bu now it's kind a expensive thing.. I'm not always playing with amp, so if i'm playing without amp it's really annoyng. It sounds like i can't press hard enought, but I can..
actions probably too low, plenty of youtube videos will tell you how to raise it on a les paul, i cba explaining lol
My Gear:
BC Rich Gunslinger Retro Blade
Vintage V100 Paradise + SD Alnico Pro Slash APH-2's
1963 Burns Short Scale Jazz Guitar
Dean Performer Florentine
Bugera 6260
Orange Micro Terror + cab
Digitech Bad Monkey
Zoom G2G
Even expensive guitars can need set up.
Depending on the guitar you could try raise the bridge slightly.
On playing the Paul Gilbert signature at the guitar store extensively, my missus sighed:
"Put it down now, It's like you love that guitar more than me!"
In Which I replied.
"Well it has got two F-Holes!"
Take your guitar to someone who actually knows how to set it up. It will save you a lot of headaches
As someone pointed out, the price of a guitar doesn't mean squat when it comes to things like this. I mean, sure, with an expensive guitar, it's reasonable to assume that it's tip-top, but still, even Gibson, whose guitars aren't cheap very often, has had notoriously bad quality control over the last decade or so, with a lot of people getting flawed guitars.

However, this doesn't sound like it's not repairable. Take it to a tech or a luthier, they'll be able to figure it out.
Gear:

Guitars: Ibanez SV5470F, Ibanez Xpt700, Fender MIM Standard Stratocaster ('04-'05), Jackson Ps-2
Ashton AG200,
Amps: ENGL E530, Bugera 6262-212,
FX: TC Electronics G-major 2, Behringer EQ700, Morley Volume / Wah
Watched youtube videos how to adjust strings height.. I tryed to adjust the strings height. I can get soud it clearly, but then I can't tune guitar on 12th fret or any fret. There's problem with G and top E strings. It sounds too high and there is no more place where to move bridge tuners.

There where I live, there is no place where somebody would tune my guitar, thats the problem..
Last edited by dziundzis3 at Jan 21, 2012,
Fret buzzing specifically from the nut to the 12th fret could also be a neck relief problem.
Hi, I'm Peter
Try replacing string if all else fails, could have been stretched a little when it was put on there. I did that on my low E the last time I restrung it and got buzzing from 12 down. I also changed the string gauge slightly. The one I put on there was too thin for my previous bridge level.
Quote by Pagan_Poetry
Sadly this is Ultimate-guitar, not Simple-guitar. We can't help you.

There's a guy on youtube, his name is jeffersononetwo. He has a guide on how to set up a stratocaster.
Quote by mitchrosko
There's a guy on youtube, his name is jeffersononetwo. He has a guide on how to set up a stratocaster.

It's Les Paul..

Liftet a little bit all strings. Everything is in tune, A string is still buzzing, but less then before.. When it'll start to annoy me, gonna find professional to tune that thing. Thanks for help