Page 1 of 2
Alright, I'm organising a glam metal costume for a school fun run, and I'm looking for jewellery. What kinda stuff could I use?

I'm thinking a cross necklace (inverted if I can get one, especially since I'm kinda anti-Catholic, so I could have a personal touch here) and some skull rings and that kinda thing. What could I have with or instead of that?

Please don't just post a picture of Steel Panther, I've had that already and it just annoys me :/
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
Quote by staceap
Alright, I'm organising a glam metal costume for a school fun run, and I'm looking for jewellery. What kinda stuff could I use?

I'm thinking a cross necklace (inverted if I can get one, especially since I'm kinda anti-Catholic, so I could have a personal touch here) and some skull rings and that kinda thing. What could I have with or instead of that?

Please don't just post a picture of Steel Panther, I've had that already and it just annoys me :/

Really, don't ever do that. For a start, it's retarded because the inverted cross is a Catholic symbol anyway.
Second, it's just retarded.
Quote by SkepsisMetal
Really, don't ever do that. For a start, it's retarded because the inverted cross is a Catholic symbol anyway.
Second, it's just retarded.

Hey, don't question TS! He's obviously a total badass. Mess with him, and he'll smash your mailbox!
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
Quote by theogonia777
Hey, don't question TS! He's obviously a total badass. Mess with him, and he'll smash your mailbox!

Really intelligent, logical reasoning, hey? I can handle people saying no or "this would be better", it'd just be nice if people would say something better than "don't do this because it's retarded", you know?
Cross necklaces are a good start, and so are spiked or studded wristbands and studded belts. Studded, fingerless gloves work well too, but the main focus of a hair metal/glam rock outfit is the colors. The flashier, the better. Bonus points if it's an animal fur tone (Zebra stripes, leopard print, etc).

A headband's a must too, either the normal red bandanna or again, animal print or a florescent color (Pink and purple are personal favorites).

Back to the jewelry front, have you considered rings?
"Did you ever find Bugs Bunny attractive when he put on a dress and played a girl bunny?"

"No..." [laughs, then more emphatically] "No."

"Oh, me neither, man, I was just asking."
Quote by staceap
Really intelligent, logical reasoning, hey? I can handle people saying no or "this would be better", it'd just be nice if people would say something better than "don't do this because it's retarded", you know?

Because being anti-something is just being a jerk, you don't like smthing- it's ok, but don't act like kid and show everyone "whoa ima so trendy i hate [put here religion/popular band name etc]"

OT: Dye your hair, preferably red or black.
Last edited by kisiel35 at Jan 21, 2012,
Quote by PlaguePlaymate
Cross necklaces are a good start, and so are spiked or studded wristbands and studded belts. Studded, fingerless gloves work well too, but the main focus of a hair metal/glam rock outfit is the colors. The flashier, the better. Bonus points if it's an animal fur tone (Zebra stripes, leopard print, etc).

A headband's a must too, either the normal red bandanna or again, animal print or a florescent color (Pink and purple are personal favorites).

Back to the jewelry front, have you considered rings?

Someone actually being helpful?

I've lined up some hot pink zebra-stripes spandex pants and similar, if not matching headband, just need to lose a bit of weight before I can get a size of the pants that fits.

I'll look into the wristbands and belts.

I had considered rings, I was originally thinking about gloves, but then thought they'd get in the way of rings.

Aviators too, maybe?
Quote by kisiel35
Because being anti-something is just being a jerk, you don't like smthing- it's ok, but don't act like kid and show everyone "whoa ima so trendy i hate [put here religion/popular band name etc]"

It's not about that, I'm not someone who shoves their beliefs down others' throats and expects them to realise that they're inferior to me. Most people won't even notice, they'll just be like, "hey, that dude's wearing an upside down cross". It's just a subtle gesture; if I wanted to be a jerk, I'd get a shirt that says "**** RELIGION" or something on it
Quote by Helicopters!
First and foremost, you'll need a shitload of hair care products.

Ha, my hair's short and won't grow long. I found a wig I liked though
Cod-piece.
To be vulnerable is needed most of all, if you intend to truly fall apart.

Quote by due 07
You have no idea how much I don't want to tell stories about my mother's vaginal slime on the internet.

I make music sometimes.
you know the upside cross is St Peters cross dont you? you know, the one only catholic christians use
ಠ_ಠ
<|>
/ω\

Tell me what nation on this earth, was not born of tragedy-Primordial
Quote by Eggmond
you know the upside cross is St Peters cross dont you? you know, the one only catholic christians use

Yes, but it's also become a popular Anti-Christ symbol
Quote by stealstrings

Maybe try something similar to these guys?

The wig I found was somewhat Black-Veil-Brides-ish
Quote by staceap
Yes, but it's also become a popular Anti-Christ symbol

among those who dont know the actual meaning of the symbol. a swastika doesnt become a pro judaism symbol just because i say thats what it means
ಠ_ಠ
<|>
/ω\

Quote by Eggmond
among those who dont know the actual meaning of the symbol. a swastika doesnt become a pro judaism symbol just because i say thats what it means

Yeah, I take your point. I just don't think it would matter too much for my scenario, the average teenager's not likely to see an inverted cross and go "why are you wearing the cross of St Peter?" I might wear an ordinary cross, it's more for decoratory purposes than anything
Get your right ear pierced.

NOTHING HURTS BATMAN!

Quote by dannay
what this man says is correct.

Quote by clemm
WHAT IS THE PIT!?!?!!!!!!?!??
--clemm

n00b
Quote by staceap
The wig I found was somewhat Black-Veil-Brides-ish

You could also try getting temporary tattoos.
"You're not hardcore unless you live hardcore"
Quote by stealstrings
You could also try getting temporary tattoos.

Yeah, found a good ebay seller with tons of different nylon sleeves
Quote by staceap

So Methodist, Baptist, Protestant, Mormon, and Jehovah's Witnesses are all perfectly fine?
You dirty piece of shit, you.

Quote by FireFromTheVoid
I smoked weed with my mom once.
It was the weirdest moment of my life, and I`ve been caught with my dick in my hand, by my brother, with a giant close up of a dudes face on the tv.

Twatter
Quote by staceap
Someone actually being helpful?

I've lined up some hot pink zebra-stripes spandex pants and similar, if not matching headband, just need to lose a bit of weight before I can get a size of the pants that fits.

I'll look into the wristbands and belts.

I had considered rings, I was originally thinking about gloves, but then thought they'd get in the way of rings.

Aviators too, maybe?

Definitely get aviators. I need to get myself another pair myself for my glam outfit. One way to get ideas is to look at group shots of some of the best hair metal acts of the day (Poison, RATT, and Motley Crue are good bands to draw inspiration from). Get some ideas there, but they'll do some of the same things I mentioned.

And I'm glad I helped you a bit, bro. Rock on!
"Did you ever find Bugs Bunny attractive when he put on a dress and played a girl bunny?"

"No..." [laughs, then more emphatically] "No."

"Oh, me neither, man, I was just asking."
How about a cross with some version of the antichrist on it, like a satyr or demon.

Or Jesus upside down!!?

Jesus upside down on a cross would be the shit. Not that I am recommending blasphemy or anything.
Quote by Pagan_Poetry
Sadly this is Ultimate-guitar, not Simple-guitar. We can't help you.

Last edited by mystical_1 at Jan 21, 2012,
Quote by iHurricaneGTR
So Methodist, Baptist, Protestant, Mormon, and Jehovah's Witnesses are all perfectly fine?

I don't like the way that any religion shapes attitudes amongst people, it's just that I've had the most experience with hypocritical Catholics. That being said, I know some unbelievable Witnesses, and my slut ex went to Mormon church with a friend to meet other guys behind my back.
Quote by stealstrings

Maybe try something similar to these guys?

How in the hell do people take this shit seriously? This is literally stupider than ICP.
Quote by vintage x metal
I love you =] I can't say I was very fond of you when we first started talking because you trolled the hell out of my threads, but after talking to you here I've grown very attached to you.

Yeah, write to my fanclub about it, honey.
Quote by mystical_1
How about a cross with some version of the antichrist on it, like a satyr or demon.

Or Jesus upside down!!?

Jesus upside down on a cross would be the shit. Not that I am recommending blasphemy or anything.

Ha, I did see a few inverted crucifixes on ebay, I just found an inverted cross with a pentagram at the junction? I'm going to Melbourne for a school trip in a couple of months, I'll have a squizz through the markets there
Quote by staceap
I don't like the way that any religion shapes attitudes amongst people, it's just that I've had the most experience with hypocritical Catholics. That being said, I know some unbelievable Witnesses, and my slut ex went to Mormon church with a friend to meet other guys behind my back.

You really have a lot of growing up to do, mentally.
Quote by Nirvana_RATM2
You really have a lot of growing up to do, mentally.

Excuse me for having formed my beliefs based on personal experience. My grandad's a Catholic, and is one of the few I know who actually lives his life by the Catholic ethos, so I respect him for that. I don't see why a dislike of religion based on numerous personal experiences, plus seeing the effects of what religion is used to justify around the world every day, means I'm lacking in mental maturity.
Quote by staceap
Excuse me for having formed my beliefs based on personal experience. My grandad's a Catholic, and is one of the few I know who actually lives his life by the Catholic ethos, so I respect him for that. I don't see why a dislike of religion based on numerous personal experiences, plus seeing the effects of what religion is used to justify around the world every day, means I'm lacking in mental maturity.

The fact that you reference your "slut exgirlfriend" in a post regarding religion. Or wanting to wear a upside down cross to be "anti-catholic".

Seriously. stfu.

Also, this is a Steel Panther thread.

Quote by rockingamer2
Oh yeah, an inverted cross is totally an anti-Christian idea.

EDIT: I see this has been pointed out already.

And yet, if we scroll down the wikipedia page, what do we find? Oh look, a paragraph about Satanic and Anti-Christian imagery. I accept that its primary meaning is that it's the cross of St. Peter, but things can have more than one meaning.

This is an unwinnable argument.
Quote by staceap
And yet, if we scroll down the wikipedia page, what do we find? Oh look, a paragraph about Satanic and Anti-Christian imagery. I accept that its primary meaning is that it's the cross of St. Peter, but things can have more than one meaning.

This is an unwinnable argument.

No it's not an "unwinnable" argument. Because you're citing ****ING WIKIPEDIA as a source of information. It's also clear to most everyone else what an inverted cross means. You'd think knowing the real meaning of something would deter you from flaunting it around like a 'tard.
Quote by Nirvana_RATM2
No it's not an "unwinnable" argument. Because you're citing ****ING WIKIPEDIA as a source of information. It's also clear to most everyone else what an inverted cross means. You'd think knowing the real meaning of something would deter you from flaunting it around like a 'tard.

Well, I dunno, what am I meant to do when rockingamer2 used the wikipedia page as part of their argument? Didn't check that, did you?
Quote by staceap
Well, I dunno, what am I meant to do when rockingamer2 used the wikipedia page as part of their argument? Didn't check that, did you?

Not use wikipedia as a part of your argument. Inverted cross is for idiots who think they are "against the grain" it doesn't have any meaning past what it symbolizes in the church. It's ridiculous this conversation is even happening.

behold the anti christ bitches
ಠ_ಠ
<|>
/ω\

Page 1 of 2