Hello, i just want to know from you guys about wich metal songs you find the hardest to play.im talking more about riffs than solos. I started to practice the song frantic disembowlment and i can barely play the intro riff at half tempo. What is the most difficult song you ever tried to play?
Any song by Lamb of God is pretty downstroke heavy and has alot of weird riffs.
Jeff Loomis, As I lay dying have some stuff too.
Quote by christfudge
Joe Satriani + Kirk Hammett = Joe Satriani

Quote by Vornik
I got really drunk, dropped some acid and found myself about 12 feet away from a black bear. Though you should know.
As well as Jeff Loomis (Miles of Machines)... Necrophagist is horrible if you can't sweep.

And then there's Djent. Meshuggah (pretty much anything), Animals as Leaders (Tempting time, CAFO), as well as Periphery
Quote by theogonia777
and then there's free jazz, which isn't even for musicians.

Quote by Born A Fool
As my old guitar teacher once said: Metal really comes from classical music. The only difference is pinch harmonics, double bass, and lyrics about killing goats.
Anything off Death Magnetic...

It's just so nutty!

"Ein Herz von flimmernden Hirngespinsten,
Ohne Halt und ohne Boden.
Feuer des Winters,
Herr der Träume,
Vater aller Türen: Öffne!"
Paysage d'Hiver - Ich schreite
Why do all metal songs have names with wierd words in them, it's not cool or scary, it's sorta nerdy TBH.
most periphery, jeff loomis, satriani, hendrix and vai
My Rig
Fender Blacktop Strat HH MN > Joyo JF-01 Vintage Overdrive > Boss ME50 > Line 6 Spider IV 30

Other Shit
Jim Deacon Acoustic
Yamaha 12 string acoustic

New Amp Fund
£300/700
Quote by itamar100
Why do all metal songs have names with wierd words in them, it's not cool or scary, it's sorta nerdy TBH.
its cuz we metalheds r so inteligint
Quote by Dream Floyd
Meshuggah (pretty much anything)

If you have an ear for timing, the vast majority of Meshuggah songs are easy as shit.

On topic, the absolute hardest thing I've ever learned in its entirety and subsequently failed miserably at playing is Culinary Hyperversity by Necrophagist. I tried Fermented Offal Discharge as well but gave up.
Last edited by madbasslover at Jan 21, 2012,