Any recommendations on a practise amp on a budget of around £100 ?

Looking at the Fender Rumble 15W otherwise wondering about Orange Crush PiX 25BT which is about £30 over !

Any other practise amps you can recommend?

Thanks
£30 isn't that much in terms of amps, there's no need to put an exclamation mark there. £100 won't even get you a good practise amp. It's better to get a better, slightly more expensive am and not regret it.
Quote by itamar100
£30 isn't that much in terms of amps, there's no need to put an exclamation mark there. £100 won't even get you a good practise amp. It's better to get a better, slightly more expensive am and not regret it.

Any suggestion on a practise amp i won't regret then?
Quote by iBQ
Any suggestion on a practise amp i won't regret then?

Peavey Vypyr 30 or Vox Valvetronix VT20+

They're great for beginners and will really help you find you way.
What music are you currently interested in playing?
Quote by itamar100

Those are guitar amps, not bass amps though, right?

Punk and Indie, is what i'm looking into playing!
Quote by itamar100

Those are guitar amps aren't they? Or do they have bass models of them as well?

EDIT: Oh, would you look at that, ninja'd by TS. Not a big risk of him running down to the store and picking up a guitar amp then.
OT: I know Ampeg makes a fairly cheap combo (1x15 I think) that I've played and is rather nice, but I think it's a bit more expensive than 100£
REGGIE
Last edited by LeakyFlask at Jan 21, 2012,
Quote by iBQ
Those are guitar amps, not bass amps though, right?

Punk and Indie, is what i'm looking into playing!

oh sorry, you didnt mention that it was for bass.

caNt help You there, sorry.
Quote by itamar100
oh sorry, you didnt mention that it was for bass.

caNt help You there, sorry.

You're right, what a bizarre question to be asked in the Bass Forum...

Current Gear:

Warwick Thumb BO 4
Musicman "StatusRay" Stingray 4 - Carbon Fibre Neck
Musicman Stingray 5 HH
Sadowsky MV4 Jazz

Markbass LittleMark II
AccuGroove Tri12l
Sansamp VT Bass
Line6 BassPodXT Live

CHECK OUT MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL!
^ Usually just something that is presumed if it's posted in the "bass" forum.

Anyway, don't waste your money on a practise amp, they're fairly useless. Buy the cheapest amp you can to practise with and save your money till you can afford a proper amp capable of matching a drum kit.
Kustom makes some really loud and fairly inexpensive bass practice amps. I had a KBA10 for years and now its doing duty at a teaching studio as a loaner amp for students.
Quote by Ziphoblat
^ Usually just something that is presumed if it's posted in the "bass" forum.

Anyway, don't waste your money on a practise amp, they're fairly useless. Buy the cheapest amp you can to practise with and save your money till you can afford a proper amp capable of matching a drum kit.

i just clicked on it from the "new threads" link in the homepage so i didnt realise. i rarely actually go into the forums cos there are too many stickies and its just messy.
If you're just practicing in the bedroom (or garage, living room,etc...) and by yourself, you would be fine with pretty much whatever. I have a 15 year old Rogue 30 watt that I still use when I'm at home by myself. If you are playing with guitars and drums, you are gonna want something significantally bigger. At least 100 watts but more like 2-300.

Some decent brands for inexpensive amps (in U.S. anyways) are Acoustic, Peavey and Kustom. If you don't mind used, thats a good way to get more amp for less money, also.

I play Indie as well, and you can pretty much dial in a good tone with whatever amp. You just have to mess with the settings.
Thanks for the advice guys, i checked out the Kustom KBA10 and it's only about £60 which would be decent enough as a practise amp.

I know that the amps i'm looking at are never going to be suitable for gigging, it's simply to improve on technique and practise in my room.
Quote by iBQ
Thanks for the advice guys, i checked out the Kustom KBA10 and it's only about £60 which would be decent enough as a practise amp.

I know that the amps i'm looking at are never going to be suitable for gigging, it's simply to improve on technique and practise in my room.

With 10watts, you won't push much bass, but you'd be able to hear the amp above the actual bass. Plenty for self practice.

Good luck and keep practicing.
Quote by anarkee
Glennick, have you every played through that Kustom? Its surprising loud.

No, I imagine it would be plenty loud. I've heard it talked about (in a good way) a lot though. I just meant that even with a 30 watt, I want more low end.
Why do guitarists always come here and give out the least helpful advice or flat out wrong...

10-30 watts is little but a headroom bump... and if your living in a home full of people who don't appreciate loud bass all the time or an apartment, nothing wrong with 10 watts, and a HEADPHONE jack. That said buying a new bass practice amp is a huge mistake. Pawn shops and craigslist are like practice amp graveyards from all the people who decided to take up bass/guitar etc and gave up, get one for 10-30 Briton Bucks and call it a day.

Also, for you because we mentioned it before, and everyone else who reads this thread before asking this (like you would...) THERE are no "Indie" or "Punk" amps, or metal, blues, country, rock, reggae, pop etc. especially in practice size range size. If you listen, there is no set in stone tone for a genre, unless it's a done generic one, just as there's no real set "indie" genre which is tremendously vague to me.

At the same time, before asking what your favorite bass player does to get his tone, the answer is he has several thousand to invest in his gear, that no practice amp will reproduce well.

I don't mean to be discouraging or rude, it's just people ask the same question minute after minute, and want a perfect amp on a shoe string budget for their "genre" aspirations. Right now learn the basics and theory and technique, if you keep playing many many basses, amps, pedals will be in your future as well as more than a few Blink 182 covers.

Welcome to the low end, now get a dirt cheap amp and start playing already!
Quote by askrere

LOL this.
Quote by FatalGear41
When you break a bass string, that snapping sound is the sound of six dollars going down the crapper.

Sterling Ray 35
Hartke Ha3500 head - Gallien Krueger 212MBE cab
Tech 21 VT Bass
Zoom b2
Quote by askrere
Why do guitarists always come here and give out the least helpful advice or flat out wrong...

10-30 watts is little but a headroom bump... and if your living in a home full of people who don't appreciate loud bass all the time or an apartment, nothing wrong with 10 watts, and a HEADPHONE jack. That said buying a new bass practice amp is a huge mistake. Pawn shops and craigslist are like practice amp graveyards from all the people who decided to take up bass/guitar etc and gave up, get one for 10-30 Briton Bucks and call it a day.

Also, for you because we mentioned it before, and everyone else who reads this thread before asking this (like you would...) THERE are no "Indie" or "Punk" amps, or metal, blues, country, rock, reggae, pop etc. especially in practice size range size. If you listen, there is no set in stone tone for a genre, unless it's a done generic one, just as there's no real set "indie" genre which is tremendously vague to me.

At the same time, before asking what your favorite bass player does to get his tone, the answer is he has several thousand to invest in his gear, that no practice amp will reproduce well.

I don't mean to be discouraging or rude, it's just people ask the same question minute after minute, and want a perfect amp on a shoe string budget for their "genre" aspirations. Right now learn the basics and theory and technique, if you keep playing many many basses, amps, pedals will be in your future as well as more than a few Blink 182 covers.

One of the best posts I've read for a while here.
Quote by iBQ
Any recommendations on a practise amp on a budget of around £100 ?

Looking at the Fender Rumble 15W otherwise wondering about Orange Crush PiX 25BT which is about £30 over !

Any other practise amps you can recommend?

Thanks

I've never had a practise amp I don't believe in them, I practise/rehearse with the rig that I use on stage which is at this moment is an Ashdown RPM1 preamp into an Ashdown Little Giant 1000 into a single 15" 450 watt Eminence Neodymium and a 2x10+horn.
G&L L2500
Squier Affinity Jazz Bass 5
Ashdown RPM pre-amp
Ashdown Little Giant 1000
300 watt 15" powered cab
450 watt 15" powered sub bass cab
2x10 + horn
1x15x10 + horn