http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/technology/2012/01/feeling-sad-facebook-could-be-the-cause/

Pretty intersting article. For us who have a facebook, that is.

It seems alot of people online always post about how awesome their life is, even if they are exaggerating, and other people find that their life isn't as great, so the sadness take a toll.

Discuss.

sXedit: I know the article talks alot about pictures, but it seems like it could be more than that(status updates, etc.)
Stupid youtube prank videos make me feel like this, so I can see why this would happen. I don't know if this is a conscious decision but I don't go on fb as much as I used to.
cat
I love facebook. Nothing better than wanking over some strangers holiday bikini photos.
Is it hot in here??

This one time in Dubai.....

Quote by Spoonman69
I love facebook. Nothing better than wanking over some strangers holiday bikini photos.

Yes there is.
Wanking over your friend's holiday bikini photos.
dirtbag ballet by the bins down the alley
as i walk through the chalet of the shadow of death
everything that you've come to expect

Quote by Trowzaa
Yes there is.
Wanking over your friend's holiday bikini photos.

This too of course. I dont descriminate.
Is it hot in here??

This one time in Dubai.....

Quote by Hephistopheles
I deleted mine. You know, back when it was possible.

You can't delete them now?
But facebook is the only way I can talk to people! Without it, the same people would not even remember that I exist.
The content of this signature is pretty much irrelevant
Quote by Horsedick.MPEG
I see more people bitching about their life on Facebook, not bragging about it.

Exactly this. Everyone in facebook is either a meme-poster, a sad-f*ck, a slut, or a cynic who makes fun of the other groups of people.
Not exactly a frequent poster.
My brother was/is doing a study exactly like that one (biggest one in Sweden). Damn copycats.
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
not sad. mad.

i was gonna post that. "i hate all these ****ing people" comic, but the only url i could find won't work with insert image on here.
mugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmug
Not gonna lie, i get sad when i realize how much my life sucks compared to my peers. No one ever takes pics of me drunk, with people writing and peeing all over my body.
Just a sub-par guitar player..

Quote by darkstar2466
Let's make this the Pit's motto:

"Forever alone, together"

IS THIS FREEDOM, OR CONFINEMENT?! FREE MOSCOE_ESPANOL!!!
I fall under the slut category.

Although this study is probably true. Humans tend to be jealous by nature and want what others have.

PSN ID: ArranP
Ahh facebook, the way too keep in touch with people you dont care enough about to actually keep touch with. Im using it less and less anyway.
Quote by StonedColdCrazy
Ahh facebook, the way too keep in touch with people you dont care enough about to actually keep touch with. Im using it less and less anyway.

At least you find solace in a TV show about ponies meant for girls.

RESPECT.
Facebook is ****ing awesome for me .. moving around all the time .. I wouldn't be able to keep in contact with all the beautiful people I meet in my travels as well without it .. plus it's good if I ever decide to actually plan the next leg instead of just turning up .. 'Alright im going Argentina' .. then I remember all the good mates I've made from there that i still talk to regularly .. have a quick chat with them or whatever .. boom, instant couch.

I used to HATE it a few years ago, almost deleted it .. but nowadays it's one of my best friends.
Legend

Peterborough United FC
If you're insecure and lonely, then seeing people being super happy and also seeing people complain a shit ton will only make you more lonely.

I use facebook to look at people who suck and boost my self esteem.
“Just to sum up: I would do various things very quickly.” - Donald Trump
Quote by blake1221
At least you find solace in a TV show about ponies meant for girls.

RESPECT.

Lol. Thats 2 shots in 2 threads in 10 minutes.
Idc I watch spongebob too if there nothing on. Dbz kai right now...
Hayao miyazaki movies, disney pixar, dreamworks, etc.

Good shit man, try it out.
Quote by Blimpy19
Facebook is ****ing awesome for me .. moving around all the time .. I wouldn't be able to keep in contact with all the beautiful people I meet in my travels as well without it .. plus it's good if I ever decide to actually plan the next leg instead of just turning up .. 'Alright im going Argentina' .. then I remember all the good mates I've made from there that i still talk to regularly .. have a quick chat with them or whatever .. boom, instant couch.

I used to HATE it a few years ago, almost deleted it .. but nowadays it's one of my best friends.

I agree, Facebook is great for people like that. Especially military brats.
2013 #5 Uger
2012 #7 Uger

Quote by jetfuel495
Jesus, Horsedick, you are my hero

Quote by JayT44
don't worry guys his girlfriend is black, she said it was okay for him to say that.

Stalk Me

Shitty Covers

Original Music

Lastfm
I know that feel. Whenever I go online now and look at pictures of my friends in Dubai I get seriously bummed, man.
I was on today and all of the people on the band trip I was supposed to go on posted a picture of them having fun and just being crazy. I got mad and rageclosed Facebook.

I wish I could've gone
Minecraft: Sonic
League of Legends: CinoSRelliK

Currently Playing/listening to/Reading:

Kerbal Space Program,
Binding of Isaac
Opeth - Orchid
S. by Doug Dorst
The Martian by Andy Weir
Facebook makes me happy because I don't have a baby and no longer live in my hometown.
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
Quote by element4433
Facebook makes me happy because I don't have a baby and no longer live in my hometown.

Thank god. Thats all we need is more baby pics.
I don't feel I really fit in too well/close with my social circles/groups outside of my 8-10 or so gold friends . So since I don't want people to know I'm a closet loser, I never got around to making one!

Myyearbook > Facebook anyway