To start, I apologize for re-posting this in a new thread. I'm not getting any responses in the FR thread and I'm impatient and worried about messing up my guitar leaving it the way it is.

I recently bought my first FR-style guitar (Epiphone Les Paul Nightfal with Floyd Rose Special), and I re-strung it last week, moving to a heavier gauge and knowing there would be challenges. The first set of strings didn't make it because I didn't think to adjust the trem springs to compensate for the heavier gauge before I started. The second set went okay and I got the bridge nice and level, but the G string wasn't staying in tune at all, and after trying to get it to tune, it finally just popped out of the lock at the bridge. I replaced just that string and things seemed fine playing on it a couple of times, but I picked up the guitar again this evening and the first time I started to hit the whammy bar, the G string popped out of the lock at the bridge again. Did I screw something up, or am I just not tightening that one down enough for some reason? The only thing different that happened on that string was that the little block in the lock pulled out because my screw driver was slightly magnetized. I think I got it back in there right, putting the little screw indention at the bottom and towards the screw, but maybe that isn't right. Does anyone have any advice or ideas, or should I just pony up and take it to a guitar tech to have them re-string it? On a related note, can anyone tell me if it will hurt anything to leave the guitar as it is, missing one string? I don't have any spares I can put back in it, and I hate to just waste strings if something is screwed up.
Dunno my strings have never popped out like that, then again Im using a floyd rose original, every guitar ive played with a special has gone out of tune after 2 or 3 dives so im not surprised tbh
My Gear:
BC Rich Gunslinger Retro Blade
Vintage V100 Paradise + SD Alnico Pro Slash APH-2's
1963 Burns Short Scale Jazz Guitar
Dean Performer Florentine
Bugera 6260
Orange Micro Terror + cab
Digitech Bad Monkey
Zoom G2G
Quote by RetroGunslinger
Dunno my strings have never popped out like that, then again Im using a floyd rose original, every guitar ive played with a special has gone out of tune after 2 or 3 dives so im not surprised tbh

Before I restrung it, it was staying in tune just fine with the factory setup. Maybe there's something wrong with the bridge? I've had it less than a month.