Ok, I'm about to install this pickup, but the instructions are so confusing. If you look at the photos, then I think you'll see what I mean. Sorry that I'm such a noob, but I can't afford to have a tech do this for me.

*I have a 5-way fender strat & I'm trying to put this thing in my neck position. Please help! Also, I can't figure out which ones to tie together & ground.

Also, by Silver they mean the Bronze wire that I'm holding. I'm sorry for the big photos, but I wanted everybody to be able to see/read everything...
Dude, the internals of your guitar aren't going to shock you.
Ibanez Prestige RG852MPB
Ibanez Prestige RG652KFX
ESP E-II M-1
LTD AW-7
Schecter Loomis NT
EVH 5150 III 50
PRS 212 DB
Line 6 POD HD500X
Deadhorse OD/Boss HM-2
take it to a tech man. theres 120 volts of pain in there.
mojostompboxes.com
Quote by greeny23
take it to a tech man. theres 120 volts of pain in there.

This.

If you take the cover off a strat you will DEFINITELY DIE. There's enough current stored in the capacitor to tickle a squirrel. And whatever you do, don't cut the red wire.

Also remember that the strong magnetic flux capacitance of pickups makes them extremely susceptible to lightning strikes. Always keep unused pickups stored in a makeshift faraday cage (a biscuit tin is perfect) until use, and never work on a guitar during an electrical storm.

As long as you follow the basics of pickup safety, you'll be fine!

Sorry but this is simple stuff. Red and copper wires get soldered to the top of the volume pot, the white goes to the 3rd lug down on the left of the switch. Should take you ten minutes.
Last edited by kyle62 at Jan 21, 2012,
Quote by kyle62
Sorry but this is simple stuff. Red and copper wires get soldered to the top of the volume pot, the white goes to the 3rd lug down on the left of the switch. Should take you ten minutes.

Follow this man's advice and you will be playing again in no time.
PRS SC245
Various Strats
Polytone Mini Brute
Koch Studiotone XL
Quilter OD200, 101 Reverb and Mini
1958 National lap steel
Eastman El Rey 1
This thread made my day. <3
Ibanez Prestige RG852MPB
Ibanez Prestige RG652KFX
ESP E-II M-1
LTD AW-7
Schecter Loomis NT
EVH 5150 III 50
PRS 212 DB
Line 6 POD HD500X
Deadhorse OD/Boss HM-2
People are goofing you in here. You won't get shocked installing pick ups in your guitar. There is no electricity stored anywhere in the circuit.
There is more chance you will burn yourself on the iron, also it is prob a good idea to unplug your guitar from your amp
Yeah even I find this easy to understand, why dont you piss the 5 way off and drop some individual on offs and phase reverse switchs, now thats a fun circuit...
Quote by Tyler.Allain
People are goofing you in here. You won't get shocked installing pick ups in your guitar. There is no electricity stored anywhere in the circuit.

Guitar circuits contain capacitors, so technically they store electricity...maybe enough enough to stun a fruitfly.

Op, hope you got your geetar sorted!
Quote by kyle62
Guitar circuits contain capacitors, so technically they store electricity...maybe enough enough to stun a fruitfly.

Op, hope you got your geetar sorted!

stun? no

it would be like touching the contacts of a AA battery with your fingers
No, Never open your guitar! If you open it the tone will fly out!
Guitars: Fender FSR Standard Strat, Squire Affinity Strat, Epiphone Nighthawk
Amps: Vox AC15C1, Roland Cube 15x, Peavey KB-1
Pedals: Digitech RP355, HD500, Joyo AC-Tone, EHX Soul Food
awesome thread is awesome
Capitalization is the difference between "I helped my Uncle Jack off the horse" and "i helped my uncle jack off the horse"
Quote by stepchildusmc
either way your gonna need a big bucket... how you set it under the horse is up to you.
I opened my Strat up once and found Peter Green making Turkish Delight in there.
It's an opinion. It's subjective. And I'm right, anyway.
I don't understand what's so confusing...
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

(512) Audio Engineering - Custom Pedal Builds, Mods and Repairs
Quote by mmolteratx
I don't understand what's so confusing...

Latin and Chinese Arithmatic...
It's an opinion. It's subjective. And I'm right, anyway.