Page 1 of 2
Reposted from the wrong forum (New Members Q and A):

Hey sup, I'm in a local band from memphis tn, we're called Whatsinaname...here's a link. promote whatever PLUG http://www.facebook.com/pages/Whats...119088534795820
but.... Some of the members including myself have grown exceptionally tired of our gimmicky name. We tried to change it a couple months ago but no one could come to a single agreement. Some of my favorite runners were Dinosaur Nebraska, The Bergs, Thomas From Phoenix, and some more. We're really not a singular genre kind of band. We play whatever and write whatever feels good to us. I guess if you had to come up with two sounds it would be Popcore in one corner and Indie alternative close kind of "hipster" if you want to say so...but our name is ALWAYS spelled wrong. (What's In a Name, or WhatISinaname etc.) So what do you guys think....please enlighten me. Also we're getting some publicity from a local Journalist soon so it's a good time to change the name don't you think?
the mod who relocated this thread to the pit is cruel.

you might what to get yourself a shitshield.
You dirty piece of shit, you.

Quote by FireFromTheVoid
I smoked weed with my mom once.
It was the weirdest moment of my life, and I`ve been caught with my dick in my hand, by my brother, with a giant close up of a dudes face on the tv.

Twatter
ITT: immature pitmokeys suggest names which would never get used, and this thread becomes 4chan.
Quote by EndTheRapture51
who pays five hundred fucking dollars for a burger
'sex **** dick' lol
"I specialize in driving a set like I'm driving a Lexus" - Uncle Mez
Quote by Banjocal
ITT: immature pitmokeys suggest names which would never get used, and this thread becomes 4chan.

I don't know about you, but I would name a band Adam Smith and the Physiocrats. >____>

EDIT:

Quote by Horsedick.MPEG
Pierced Anal Rapist

I doubt they play grindcore.
Last edited by Jon777 at Jan 21, 2012,
Timmeh and The Dark Lords of the Underworld.
"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not."

~ Kurt Cobain ~
whatisntinaname
Quote by element4433
Be subtle with it. Don't like molest him.

And cup his balls.

Quote by blake1221
If there's anything to take away from this thread, anything at all, it's to always cup the balls.
Some serious suggestions... Try 'Midnight Raid', or 'Frosted Soul'.
"We're content, to pitch our tent,
When the glory's evident"
Petra - Beyond Belief.
Quote by Jon777
"Pierced Anal Rapist"
Genre: Indie Pop

I'd listen to that.

Hey, if Indie Pop is your thing. If I recall from that one thread, most people didn't think My Bloody Valentine were going to be a shoegaze band.
2013 #5 Uger
2012 #7 Uger

Quote by jetfuel495
Jesus, Horsedick, you are my hero

Quote by JayT44
don't worry guys his girlfriend is black, she said it was okay for him to say that.

Stalk Me

Shitty Covers

Original Music

Lastfm
Quote by Any7423
Some serious suggestions... Try 'Midnight Raid', or 'Frosted Soul'.

Frosted Souls are moooooooooooore thaaaan good; THEY'RE GREAT!
Quote by element4433

And cup his balls.

Quote by blake1221
If there's anything to take away from this thread, anything at all, it's to always cup the balls.
the nebraska bergs from phoenix
thomas the phoenix-dinosaur
Berg the dinosaur from phoenix
the berg, the thomas and the phoenix
rabbit-guts enema beverage

don't be so picky, it's just a name
Quote by psyks
You are filthy.
Quote by vince1991
the nebraska bergs from phoenix
thomas the phoenix-dinosaur
Berg the dinosaur from phoenix
the berg, the thomas and the phoenix
rabbit-guts enema beverage

don't be so picky, it's just a name

I like your way of thinking. I kind of tried that with two others we were considering. We had "Let's Kill Super" as an option and I thought The Let's Bergs sounded really cool with no meaning but..
All this is fun and dandy but really we're wondering if "Whatsinaname" is worth any girth....or....ya know. It's kind of a yes or no, explanation questiion. ENLIGHTEN OUR MINDS ahhaaha
Quote by GusisraD
All this is fun and dandy but really we're wondering if "Whatsinaname" is worth any girth....or....ya know. It's kind of a yes or no, explanation questiion. ENLIGHTEN OUR MINDS ahhaaha

the enlightened minds
enlightened minds
the mind enlighteners
Quote by psyks
You are filthy.
Turbo Cunt and the Thunder Thighs!
WARUM TUT ES WEH, WENN ICH PINKLE?!
Quote by goest
I'm going to take this opportunity to initiate my campaign to replace the phrase "Taking a shit" with "Busting a grumpy."

Quote by Axelfox
Disregard that,i suck cocks.
Last edited by Vendetta16 at Jan 21, 2012,
meeeeeh........How bout we just get opinions on the eixsting name pretty pleeeaase? Would you come see a band called Whatsinaname or would it just look loke Whadfanervjalk?
I probably wouldn't but that's mostly because it doesn't sound like the kind of name a band that plays heavier or progressive music would have. If I listened to the band beforehand on facebook and liked what I heard, then sure, I'd go see the band.
Quote by element4433

And cup his balls.

Quote by blake1221
Quote by GusisraD
meeeeeh........How bout we just get opinions on the eixsting name pretty pleeeaase? Would you come see a band called Whatsinaname or would it just look loke Whadfanervjalk?

to be fair, going on the name i wouldn't come see you guys. except if it would be written something like this.

Quote by psyks
You are filthy.
Quote by vince1991
the enlightened minds
enlightened minds
the mind enlighteners

The Enlightened Pierced Penis of Rectal Regurgitated Minds.MPEG
2013 #5 Uger
2012 #7 Uger

Quote by jetfuel495

Quote by JayT44
don't worry guys his girlfriend is black, she said it was okay for him to say that.

Stalk Me

Shitty Covers

Original Music

Lastfm
What about "Half-Alive Corpse With a Chainsaw Stuck In Its Throat"?
I like prog
French Cockles on Rye Bread
All Your Penis Are Blong to Us
Sheep Penetrat0rZ

Gozd in gora poj,
silen ženimo hrup,
uboga gmajna, le vpup, le vkup,
le vkup, le vkup z menoj,
staro pravdo v mrak tulimo,
da se pretulimo skozi to zimo
Quote by Horsedick.MPEG
The Enlightened Pierced Penis of Rectal Regurgitated Minds.MPEG

.mpeg

what movie is that horsedick.mpeg from? saw it not to long ago but was to stoned to remember the name

TS : ClitoratoR

also i noticed TS is new here. as said on page 1, putting this thread in the pit is indeed a dick move from the moderator. if you want a serious answer i would try reposting it in either 'promote your band' or 'bands & artists'

serious answers do not belong and will not be found in this pit

ever
Quote by psyks
You are filthy.
Last edited by vince1991 at Jan 21, 2012,
I would more than likely check out a band called Dinosaur Nebraska; it's original, and I like it.
Quote by vince1991
.mpeg

what movie is that horsedick.mpeg from? saw it not to long ago but was to stoned to remember the name

Miss March.
2013 #5 Uger
2012 #7 Uger

Quote by jetfuel495

Quote by JayT44

Stalk Me

Shitty Covers

Original Music

Lastfm
Become a part of a self-signed rap group and call yourself Skyler the Debator

281-330-8004, that's my cell phone number, hit me up on the low
Page 1 of 2