There's millions of pedals out there some for rock some for metal etc. etc. however is there one which covers all bases? i.e. to go from Blink 182 to Nirvana to Deftones and Korn??

I have a Blackstar Amp with a Boss MD-2 but I find that's a bit limited for my liking. Would the Robert Keeley modded DS-1 do the job?? Or would that not be heavy enough.
Never used one myself, but I;m guessing a lot of people are about to recommend a Fulltone OCD
"We're content, to pitch our tent,
When the glory's evident"
Petra - Beyond Belief.
Quote by Chargrill3d
is there one which covers all bases? i.e. to go from Blink 182 to Nirvana to Deftones and Korn??

DISCLAIMER: This is not 'all bases'. It's barely more than one.

Amp first, pedals second. What don't do/don't you like about the Blackstar? Which model is it?

There are a number of dual and even triple drive pedals which will give you a nice range of different tones. Get Googling, young grasshopper.
an ocd isnt even close to what the ts would want. for blink, deftones, and korn a triple wreck or an okko dom would be good bets. ds-1s are terrible, but can be got for cheap if you really want a nirvana sound.
Quote by rokket2005
an ocd isnt even close to what the ts would want. for blink, deftones, and korn a triple wreck or an okko dom would be good bets. ds-1s are terrible, but can be got for cheap if you really want a nirvana sound.

This thread is over. Nothing else is necessary for anything.
We've dressed up in our best...

...and are prepared to go down like gentlemen.

Quote by bogg808
The PBT is for those too TGP for the rest of UG.

I like the Rat 2 a lot
Fender Strat Deluxe
Fender MexiStrat
Epiphone Sheritan
Ibanez Artcore
Fender Twin Reverb silverface
Roland JC120
Pedals

Quote by CaptainAmerican
I would recommend the marshal MG100

Very versatile and quality sound. It should treat you well
A visual sound jekyll and hyde covers a lot of tonal ground.
Quote by joshua garcia
I was incredibly drunk and only really remember writing a fanfic where ESP was getting porked by a pony.

Quote by guitar0player
I'd honestly fap to anything with a set of genitals as long as I find it aesthetically appealing.
I suppose those bands I mentioned weren't a huge range of tones!!!

Basically I want something that ranges from Nirvana/ Smashing Pumpkins/ Alice in Chains through melodic punk/ hardcore like Blink 182/ Green Day through to Korn/ Limp Bizkit/ Deftones.

I use a Blackstar HT5 Half Stack which is a great amp but I don't particularly like the OD channel, the Boss MD-2 going through the clean sounds better and the Big Muff sounds waaaay better!

I've checked out the Suhr Riot and that sounds great but the Okko Dominator sounds like the pedal for the apocalypse from this demo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tkPWbXEMRho

I wasn't think of getting the DS-1 just the Keeley Modded one.

By the way anyone use any of the Amptweaker gear like Tightrock of Tightmetal?
boss os-2 is one of the most versatile distortion pedals I know, and also happens to be cheap as ****