Page 1 of 2
I'm getting to the venue at 630, first band starts at 7, my band plays at 8, then another band. There's going to be a lot of people there, many of them friends of mine. It's my first gig, and while I am excited, I'm anxious and nervous.

My band can definitely pull it off, we're really tight on the songs. I just need to calm down a bit.

Can the Pit give me advice/moral support? I can't get drunk or drugged.
Quote by willT08
Quote by HowSoonisNow
How was Confucius death metal?
You've clearly never read any Confuscius.

As I wait on the edge of the earth,
I can see the walls being torn down again
Only to be rebuilt in another name,
On a different day
No
Quote by element4433
Be subtle with it. Don't like molest him.

And cup his balls.

Quote by blake1221
If there's anything to take away from this thread, anything at all, it's to always cup the balls.
Better to jump around like a fool (assuming you can sound at least ok) than to stand stock still.

EDIT: Over-doing, while bad, I think is not as bad as underdoing it, but that's just my preference.
language
jazyk
kieli
язык
العربية

My Tumblr: Lots of artist recommendations, album reviews, and ideas about music (as well as some film and bike stuff).

Go Sharks! Go Wings! Go Flyers! Go Kings!
Good luck fella. First gig of many hopefully.

A little bit of nerves never hurt anyone. You'll be fine!
Fap like a madman.

Seriously, good luck dude. Convert your nervousness into power!
NT

BE QUICK OR BE DEAD SON
Get someone to stick a knife in your spine so when you go onstage you won't have any nerves.
oh ho ho ho

Good luck. Everyone's there to have a good time, so should you.
There's a good chance that what I've written above is useless and if you take any of the advice it's your own fault.
Have fun!

Like this, it's from my first show.

Headbang vigorously and enjoy yourself.
Last edited by blake1221 at Jan 21, 2012,
Don't know if you know this, put turn your mids well up, trying to gig with a scooped eq is destined to fail. Also make sure your guitar isn't too loud, it's a common problem with inexperienced bands, that the lead guitarist is always waaaaay to loud. But yeah, good luck
"We're content, to pitch our tent,
When the glory's evident"
Petra - Beyond Belief.
Headbang like a motherfucker, tell the crowd how great they are and how you're happy to be there, then tell them they're shit, and fuck shit up.
Quote by FearMyLightning
Headbang like a motherfucker, tell the crowd how great they are and how you're happy to be there, then tell them they're shit, and fuck shit up.

My newest addition,
2007 Dean Cadi-KILL (Cannibal Corpse) Rob Barrett Signature model to see more of my gear visit my profile.
Vomit blood into the crowd, then masturbate into the first row, using the blood as lube, of course.
you're a stone fox
Tune. Bitch.
SPORTING CLUBE DE PORTUGAL

"And the earth died screaming as I lay dreaming"
My first gig for some reason i wasn't nervous at all on the day, only the entire week before, but the actual day it all went.

Anyway, there's no reason to be nervous. Just make sure you don't stop playing. No one will notice a mistake but they'd notice if you stop.
Best of luck dude.
It's a lot of fun, and that's why you're doing it, remember. You're playing this gig because you enjoy music, so enjoy it.
My Last.fm
USA Fender Stratocaster | Roland Cube 60 | VOX ToneLab LE
Most people there will probably be drunk, so they're less likely to notice mistakes and shit. Interaction and stage presence plays a huge part in live performance.
🙈 🙉 🙊
I don't have any advice really. I'm playing my first gig too at the stupidest, most pointless gig ever. I'm not worried because only maybe thirty people will show up and I'm ashamed to be playing at this anyway.
Relax, have fun, it's a great experience. Good luck man
████████████
████████████
████████████

RNLAF

I Like Planes
I'm always nervous when I go out on stage too but it really isn't as big of a deal as you think. Just have fun, enjoy yourself, move around a lot.
Quote by R. Shackleford.
Glad to see the sex king getting some action I think it might be time for me to pull him out again tonight and take him for a spin around the rift.
I'm a teenager in a teenage metalcore band. We freaking ruled tonight! The sound could have been better but we went on first, instead of second, because the other band hadn't arrived fully yet. We all did a really good job and no major mistakes were noticed by the crowd.

An ex-friend of mine had his classic rock cover band be the last band and they screwed up a lot, but the drummer (the ex friend) was apparently dissing my band when we were playing. It was so pathetic, it was almost hilarious, him dissing our (incredible) drummer when 6 of the 7 songs they did had him doing ACDC drum beats the whole time.
Quote by willT08
Quote by HowSoonisNow

On a different day
Not a fan of metalcore at all, but hey you had fun playing live, which is great. Hope you have good shows again in the future.

As soon as me and my friend (drummer) get the rest of the band started, we're almost immediately going to start playing live which I'll be shit nervous about.
TS...you should definitely beware of a band called Arthas

because they will kill you
Originally Posted by SenseS FaiL
everytime it thunders i have to be away from a window and outside, i saw a tv show where it showed me a lady getting thundered in the face by watching outside her car window and that scarred me for life i guess
Quote by Zoot Allures
Just make sure you don't stop playing. No one will notice a mistake but they'd notice if you stop.

A million times this.
Quote by Pleasure2kill
The truth is, Muslims never apologized for their faith having something to do with the attacks on 9/11.
TS...you should definitely beware of a band called Arthas

because they will kill you
Originally Posted by SenseS FaiL
everytime it thunders i have to be away from a window and outside, i saw a tv show where it showed me a lady getting thundered in the face by watching outside her car window and that scarred me for life i guess
Quote by thePTOD
An ex-friend of mine had his classic rock cover band be the last band and they screwed up a lot, but the drummer (the ex friend) was apparently dissing my band when we were playing. It was so pathetic, it was almost hilarious, him dissing our (incredible) drummer when 6 of the 7 songs they did had him doing ACDC drum beats the whole time.

Ignore douches like that. They're the ones who are infallibly the weakest link in the band so they try to hold on to their position in the band by shit-talking anyone who isn't them.
🙈 🙉 🙊
Quote by entity0009
Ignore douches like that. They're the ones who are infallibly the weakest link in the band so they try to hold on to their position in the band by shit-talking anyone who isn't them.

It was kind of hilarious, I pity the guy. They made so many mistakes that it left them no room for insulting us. Their bass player didn't learn the bass parts to 3 songs, so he just soloed out of key the whole time. It was horrible...

...but nah, that guy doesn't phase me.
Quote by willT08
Quote by HowSoonisNow

On a different day
Have a drink or two and loosen up.
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
Quote by hriday_hazarika
TS, what's your band's name?

Do you have a Bandcamp or something where I can listen?

Netherwind.

We have a facebook, youtube, and reverbnation.

Youtube
http://www.youtube.com/user/NetherwindMusic?blend=1&ob=video-mustangbase

Facebook
http://www.facebook.com/NetherwindBand

By the way, I'm the guy with the long hair :P
Quote by willT08
Quote by HowSoonisNow

On a different day
Last edited by thePTOD at Jan 22, 2012,
Grats man. Your singer needs to act more like a singer and less like an angry gorilla, though.
Check out my band Disturbed
Thanks. Every other show he's been in he's had an isntrument, so he was kind of at a loss for what to do
Quote by willT08
Quote by HowSoonisNow

On a different day
Don't get too drunk, but a little drunkenness always helps. always.
Quote by ultimatedaver
We're just trying to help man, cause it doesn't seem like you can get any pizza.
Page 1 of 2