hey i was wanting to upgrade my current amp to a better tube amp is there any suggestion for good tube amp which is good for very heavy distortion. i looking to spend about £300-400 overall. thanks + i am using it for practice so it doesn't have to be very high wattage
Last edited by Detona7ed at Jan 21, 2012,
peavey 6505+ 112 or bugera? all i can think of in that price bracket. haven't tried them, though.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
prolly not as good as the ones i mentioned (haven't tried it either, though)
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Save up some more, don't listen to people driving you toward unreliable equipment like Bugera. If you want to play Metallica, you should consider a Randall, but even at 5W, even an used one might be more expensive than 400 bucks.
I was able to nail "Before I Forget" tone when I was messing around with a 6505+ 112 in a store.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
The Blackstars are great for practise amps, but you couldn't gig with a HT5
All I want is for everyone to go to hell...
...It's the last place I was seen before I lost myself

Quote by DisarmGoliath
You can be the deputy llamma of the recordings forum!
Orange Dark Terror. I played one yesterday and was super duper surprised about how much gain there was on tap alone. It really is a one trick pony though and will do probably the best metal sound in your price range. It has an fx loop, switchable 15 to 7 watts, EL84's and it teeny weeny.

Go play one and see for yourself.
Quote by SimplyBen
That's the advantage of being such a distance from Yianni. I can continue to live my life without fear of stumbling upon his dark terror.

Quote by Toppscore
NakedInTheRain aka "Naked with shriveled pencil sized bacon In The Rain"
Peavey 6505 plus 112 combo, if thats too expensive then get a Bugera 6262/6260 combo.

Epiphone Wilshire
Orange Rocker 30
Harley Benton 212 (w/Greenbacks)
Ernie Ball Vp jr
Swollen Pickle fuzz
Maxon OD808
Danelectro Vibe
Line 6 Tap Tremolo
Line 6 Verbzilla
EH Memory Man Hazarai
Boss RC20XL

Last.fm
Check out my band haze
Quote by Offworld92
I was able to nail "Before I Forget" tone when I was messing around with a 6505+ 112 in a store.

I was wanting to get one, but I keep hearing the tone sucks. Please tell me it isn't so.
I've got a Blackstar HT5 and you can get some heavy sounds out of it but you need pedals because the amp OD isn't all that.

It's very loud though for home use - you need nice neighbours!
PM me mate.

I can sort you out the perfect amp.

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb
Quote by AsOneIStand
I was wanting to get one, but I keep hearing the tone sucks. Please tell me it isn't so.

Definitely does not suck, great metal amp. Probably best in its price range.
Ibanez RGT6 EXFX
Fender American Stratocaster
Epiphone Slash Goldtop Les Paul
Carvin DC-135
Washburn G-5V
Taylor 214CEG

EVH 5150 III
Peavey 6505+
Line 6 Flextone III
50s Valco Supro
Quote by AsOneIStand

Well... I can't say I'm a fan, but its certainly better than a Blackstar.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
if your budget isnt going to increase anytime soon, and your looking for a head...

search around for a crate bv series.
Quote by kangaxxter
The only real answer to the SG vs Les Paul debate is to get a Flying V and laugh at all the suckers who don't have one.

Quote by Blompcube

if you embrace inaccurate intonation it can be quite arousing.

I <3 TWEED