I'm writing a comic (and an accompanying novel) about interns in a record company and a band that recently signed with one.

It'll be a satire of the music industry; the people who work for it; selling out; eccentric musicians; people who shoehorn anti-corporate speeches into any conversation they have, no matter how irrelevant; etc. All while working in an overlying (and overused) plot about satanism in rock.

Problem is, I have no idea what goes on in a record company. I don't know what interns do, I don't know how bands get signed or what they do immediately after they get signed, I don't know what the people in charge do, none of that stuff.

Does anybody know where I can learn more about the inner workings of the music industry?
Try visiting a record company or finding a virtual tour of one
Quote by element4433
Be subtle with it. Don't like molest him.

And cup his balls.

Quote by blake1221
If there's anything to take away from this thread, anything at all, it's to always cup the balls.
Watching documentaries is a good start. This Is Spın̈al Tap is a great example.
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
See if any of your friends know people involved in the industry. All about connections.
People don't really go to heaven when they die. They're taken to a special place and burned - Sherlock Holmes

Your authority is not recognized in Fort Kickass!

It's not like bullshit, more like poetry.