Not Eric's, this one is all mine! Introducing "Blackie" - the PRS JA-15. I've only had a few hours of play time with it so far. The sound is so OPEN, not sure how else to describe it. Sounds even bigger than it is, think Gibby L5 big - if my ears remember correctly. I've yet to have a chance to play it at stage volume, but I haven't had any feedback issues so far with the amp blasting here at home.

As usual with PRS, the build is impeccable. The finish is beyond glossy, combine the V12 finish with the "None More Black" color and you have something that almost looks like a mirror. Easily the most difficult to photograph guitar I've ever owned. The Ebony headstock overlay goes really well with the color. I am able to see what is easily a 10-Top back, if not Artist grade if you hold it to the light just right. It's a bit saddening that it is all covered up, but it was meant to be that way. I'm already very accustomed to the 2-piece bridge so that took no getting used to. The larger body size feels very comfortable, especially with the carved back. With it being on the lighter end of the scale you barely even notice it on the strap.

The 11s have a big impact on the sound and thankfully aren't too much for my fingers, although I normally play 10s. The pickups shine just as much as the finish, with the 53/10 model of pups. They go with this guitar perfectly and my Bogner Shiva amp. I can't imagine any need to ever change them. All 3 positions do the job nicely. I've found that I like to bring the tone knob down to about 6 or 7 and the richness just oozes out. Normally I find myself favoring only the bass pickup (unless I'm soloing), but with this one I am preferring the middle position so far. That includes rock, blues and jazz. If you want to get the fullest sound though, I'd say stick with the bass pickup. I haven't owned a guitar with an ebony fretboard in forever, again it matches with the style of guitar, pickups and finish perfectly.

When the weather gets better here in the Northwest, about 5 months form now, I will try to get some outdoor shots. Until then here's some so-so pics. Taking photos of a black mirror isn't easy, let me tell ya!

Introducing "Blackie"

OK, gotta get back to playing!!!
Very, very nice. Looks to me that you really like PRS guitars. I have to say that I wish that I could get to try PRS a bit more.
Gear pics

Quote by Cathbard
Bugera cloning Blackstar is a scandal cloaked in a tragedy making love to a nightmare.

When you mentioned 'Blackie', i thought you got an ESP.
Quote by TheSennaj
And well yes, I'll enjoy the carpal tunnel and tendonitis, because trying to get one is clearly smarter than any word you have spoken thus far.
That looks amazing
Nice guitar! HNGD
Bass gear:
-Squier Vintage Modified Jazz Bass
-Fender Rumble 15 Amp

Guitar Gear:
-Agile AL-2000
-Boss Tu-3 Tuner -> Joyo Vintage Overdrive -> Joyo Vintage Ultimate Overdrive -> Ernie Ball MVP -> TC Nova Repeater
I would appreciate a full body shot, hiking. The artsy pictures are nice, but I want to see what the guitar looks like
Caution:
This post may contain my opinion and/or inaccurate information.

Current Rig:
2006 PRS CE-24
Mesa/Boogie Mark V
Voltage S212 w/ V30's
Strymon Timeline
CMATMods Signa Drive
TC Electronics Corona & Hall of Fame
Quote by T00DEEPBLUE

Strat came to mind immediatly.
Quote by Pan-Tallica
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
But theres no reason why i cant be free like a raspberry stuck to the back of a horny elephants ass.

This is maybe the worst comparison in the history of comparisons.
Quote by AWACS
I would appreciate a full body shot, hiking. The artsy pictures are nice, but I want to see what the guitar looks like

Thanks guys! I was coming back just for that reason.

Dealer shot:
Better Thank you
Caution:
This post may contain my opinion and/or inaccurate information.

Current Rig:
2006 PRS CE-24
Mesa/Boogie Mark V
Voltage S212 w/ V30's
Strymon Timeline
CMATMods Signa Drive
TC Electronics Corona & Hall of Fame
That's gorgeous!!! HNGD!
Gear
Highway One Tele (w/Custom Shop 51 Nocaster pickups)
Standard Tele (modded to Nashville specs)
Reverend Roundhouse

Orange Rockerverb 50 MKI
Vox AC4c1
Jet City JCA20H

And pedals!

"Shiva opens her arms now..
...to make sure I don't get too far"
Veddy nass, veddy nass indeed.
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
Oh my................
Quote by FEngHLyan

She will join the prom.

She insists to wear this lights.

I don't think so.

How can I persuade her?
Ohh I love it!!! looks awesome!
Quote by element4433
One time I watched a dog lick his own dick for twenty minutes.

Quote by Roc8995
No.

Well, technically it could be done, but only in the same way that you could change a cat into a hamburger. It's an unpleasant process, and nobody is happy with the result.
It was about time you got another NGD

Great one, now I'm even more jealous of your collection
Quote by Demonikk
'Practice amp' = amp you practice with? In my case, Peavey 6505+ and 4x12
I don't do things small

Except children.
min's gonna liek it too.

I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
God that is beautiful. Happy NGD man.
Quote by Dunning~Kruger
Yes I was rude, and I was aggressive and I was offending a large group of people. But I was civlized about it.

Taylor 414CE
Quote by T00DEEPBLUE

why would thehikingdude get anything besides a PRS though?
Quote by pedromiles101
you're not gonna want to take a dump in a gross, off-colored, vintage toilet. you want something that is white and pearly; something that shines. something that you can put your cheeks against and say, "f*** yeah"
Quote by n1ckn1ce
Flat black hiding PRS grade flame maple... what a shame.

Dude, it's gloss to the max. And only the back is flamed since the top is spruce. It's also not as big as you are thinking. I don't like the standard jazz boxes, those are way too big for my tastes.
i like the tom bridge on steroids myself.
Quote by gregs1020
i like the tom bridge on steroids myself.

Have you had a chance to try one out? The SC-58 has it as well. I love them!
Quote by thehikingdude
Have you had a chance to try one out? The SC-58 has it as well. I love them!

i have. it's a very nicely upgraded tom, imo. very comfortable and user friendly.
Quote by WholeLottaIzzy
Well, it's okay I guess. You shoulda got a Supreme though.

I would have gotten a Supreme, but I wanted to go more plain this time. So plain that few will even notice it.

Quote by thehikingdude
I would have gotten a Supreme, but I wanted to go more plain this time. So plain that few will even notice it.

I'll give you that much, that's probably the nicest PRS I've seen. But I would prefer if it only had one F hole and a matt black finish.
Quote by WholeLottaIzzy
I'll give you that much, that's probably the nicest PRS I've seen. But I would prefer if it only had one F hole and a matt black finish.

I will take that as a compliment! Thanks!!

I like choices, so I prefer two F holes.