I am pulling out my guitar again after a couple of years. The landscape has changed quite a bit in the tabbing world. When I left PowerTabs was being shut down and I was left with my books and not time to play.

Question - what is the benefit of paying $3 a month for Tab Pro versus $19 for Go Play Along? The engines are obviously the same. The bonus with Go PlayAlong is you can link a .mp3 versus midi. I found the advert while playing along with Tab Pro (U-G Plus).

Is it simply that fact that you can more or less take Tab Pro anywhere you want to go with an internet? It seems that Go PlayAlong is the way to go for me as I can quickly maintain my library and take it offline as needed.

What else do I need to know? Is there a need to keep both?

Thanks
Benjamin
I think it's better Go PlayAlong. With it you can songs offline, and you have only to pay one time 19$ , but in Tab Pro you have to pay each month, and you will pay a lot (36$ a year!). I have Go PlayAlong and it's better than all the music software i tested.
Totally agree. I have been using Guitar Pro 6, Tab Pro, Jammit and Go PlayAlong. I have thousands of backing tracks and just about every GP6 file known to man. After spending a couple of minutes syncing a GP6 file to a top quality backing tracking I would have to say that Go PlayAlong is as good as it gets. I also get the feeling it will get better and bigger once the word gets around. Jammit is also great but even though the app is free it gets very expensive after a while because each song costs between 1 and 5 dollars a piece.
Cubase 6.5.4 64 , i7 2600 / 32g / W7 , MRX816CSX / Motif Rack XS / N12 , Ibanez S5470TKS / GK3 / Axon AX 100 Mk2 , Ibanez Egen8 / GK3 / GR-55 / G System LE / Peavey JSX120 , GR5 with Rig Kontrol , Line 6 X3 Pro , Mesa Rectifier Recording Preamp.
I don't see much point in using GPA for syncing mp3s with original songs except if you have the master tracks/have made a backing track. You'd want to mute the instrument you're playing (well at least I would). It's great though because it reads gpx. Tab pro really needs this to compete as it's being used more and more frequently. I still prefer to play along/edit in GP6 by far though
"After spending a couple of minutes syncing a GP6 file to a top quality backing tracking I would have to say that Go PlayAlong is as good as it gets."

My exact point.
Cubase 6.5.4 64 , i7 2600 / 32g / W7 , MRX816CSX / Motif Rack XS / N12 , Ibanez S5470TKS / GK3 / Axon AX 100 Mk2 , Ibanez Egen8 / GK3 / GR-55 / G System LE / Peavey JSX120 , GR5 with Rig Kontrol , Line 6 X3 Pro , Mesa Rectifier Recording Preamp.
I have to admit that some backing tracks are easier to sync than others. Because you do not have the guitar wave in the mp3's audio graphic window your relying on the drum peaks mostly to line up the tab but it can be done. As I said some are easy while the hard songs you have to play guitar along with it and do a bit of educated guess work to get it right. Best to import a half dozen songs and work on each one to you get pissed then go on to the next one. Then go back and re-visit each one for fine tuning over time. If we could find some way to share then we could get a data base happening but I can't see this happening. Real backing tracks are the only way to go.
Hi all, I am a newbee to this forum. I am a bass player and I am looking for Guitar Pro tabs for some latest chart hit songs. I have GP6 and GPA both are great tools.
Thanks
Vic