New to wiring pickups so forgive my ignorance.

Picked up an old BC Rich Warlock with the electronics in shambles. Decided to install Dimarzio D Activators since I needed to rewire it anyway. I'm using this diagram but I don't have either switch:

http://www.dimarzio.com/sites/default/files/diagrams/2h2v1t_3w_all.pdf

I have this switch:

http://i.imgur.com/WGgeq.jpg

I can assume the pickups go on opposite ends but what do I do with the middle pole and the one to the left of it? Judging by the diagram I still need an output connection and a ground connection but I'm just not sure which one is which or if that is even right.

Thanks in advance
The switch on the DiMarzio schematic can select either pickup alone, or blend both together in the centre position. They are labelled N (neck pup), B (bridge pup), O(output)

The switch you have in the photo, looks like a two position switch only (from what I can tell of the style, not 100% certain. You should be able to tell us what it is). If it is only two position, you can select one of the two pups, but can't have them both blended.

The middle pole looks like the hot output. The two pickups go to each end pole of the switch as you said. The pole thats to the left of the centre, looks to be the ground lug which is just the body of the switch.

It looks like you can follow the DiMarzio schematic, just that you won't be able to select both pups at once. Only thing I'd change is the DiMarzio schematic has a ground connection to the:

back of the neck pup pot then loops to the
back of the bridge pup pot then loops to the
back of the master tone pup pot then loops to the
output jack

Nice big ground loops! Do not want.

Something like this is much better!
Attachments:
grounding.jpg
'It takes 100 guitar players to change a light. One to change the light and 99 to stand around pointing, saying..."Yeah man, look...I can do that too"...'

My gear is in my Profile

Builds & Refurbs
Hondo 780 Deluxe
Gibson Studio
Epi LP100
Last edited by Phoenix V at Jan 22, 2012,
Quote by vesticles3562
The switch is a 3 way toggle so I believe you can blend the two pickups.

Should be all good then
'It takes 100 guitar players to change a light. One to change the light and 99 to stand around pointing, saying..."Yeah man, look...I can do that too"...'

My gear is in my Profile

Builds & Refurbs
Hondo 780 Deluxe
Gibson Studio
Epi LP100