I want to do a lot of cover videos on youtube. I'm not trying to put out insanely professional original band recordings or anything I just want to sound significantly better compared to if I were to use the audio recording just from my camera and my amp.

I plan on using virtual amp software at first but I may buy a mic to record my amp if need be. So if you can recommend the best software as well that would be nice.
Guitars:
ESP Horizon NT-II
Schecter Jeff Loomis 7 string
Ibanez RG370DXGP2
Some cheap Cort Acoustic

Amps:
Peavey Vypyr Tube 60

Effects:
Line 6 Pod HD500

Keyboard/Piano:
Yamaha YDP161 Arius Digital Piano
I find guitar rig 5 to be the best sounding one overall. Overloud is impressive as well. The pod farm (which comes with the line 6 interfaces) is nice, but more artificial sounding than the others(IMO).
You might buy a line 6 UX interface. It comes with POD farm software which is pretty good. Amplitube and Guitar Rig 5 are also good.
NOW PART OF THE

Quote by Robchappers
You are epic my friend ;-)
Quote by RU Experienced?
At this point I'd be more surprised if you found me a Christian children's entertainer that didn't sodomize and eat kids.
Yeah I was considering the UX1 but I'm a little hesitant about line 6 so I was just wondering if there would be anything better in that price range.
Guitars:
ESP Horizon NT-II
Ibanez RG370DXGP2
Some cheap Cort Acoustic

Amps:
Peavey Vypyr Tube 60

Effects:
Line 6 Pod HD500

Keyboard/Piano:
Presonus products rock for a DI to your computer. Great preamps, no latency and comes with DAW software.
Ibanez RGT6 EXFX
Fender American Stratocaster
Epiphone Slash Goldtop Les Paul
Carvin DC-135
Washburn G-5V
Taylor 214CEG

EVH 5150 III
Peavey 6505+
Line 6 Flextone III
50s Valco Supro
I ordered the UX1 hopefully I'll like it.
Guitars:
ESP Horizon NT-II
Ibanez RG370DXGP2
Some cheap Cort Acoustic

Amps:
Peavey Vypyr Tube 60

Effects:
Line 6 Pod HD500

Keyboard/Piano:
I was actually pretty surprised at the UX1. I'm past the point of needing something like that, but if I needed a low cost interface/amp sim I would probably pick that. There's some free stuff you can use to get really good sounds but you would still need an interface. I'm sure you'll be happy with it.
Moved to correct forum.

The Focusrite Saffire 6 is, without a doubt, the best in that price range. Honestly, don't even look at anything other than the Saffire line, they are the biggest bang for your buck and absolutely dominate the Line 6 interfaces in sound quality, and everything else in driver stability.
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
I used to have the Line 6 Tone Port and I hated it. Build was very cheap and "plastic-y" sounds and tones were passable at best. Admittedly it was one of their lowerend interfaces and the software package was basic.

A few years ago I got the Native Instruments Guitar Rig Session IO with Guitar rig 4 Essentials software and I love it! I use it everyday. The build quality of the unit is absolutely superb. All metal and glass, knobs and pots feel like they're good quality. But best of all is the software tones and GUI is fantastic. Very easy to use, very stable, and since I've upgraded to GR5 the tones you can make are just mindblowing. With the right guitar and pickups you can even get some pretty decent clean tones too, and thats something I've never see before out of any software. It's no substitute for a good tube amp but for home practice and recording You Tube licks, nothing beats it.

I hope you like the UX1. Let us know.

-Tony
Quote by MatrixClaw
The Focusrite Saffire 6 is, without a doubt, the best in that price range. Honestly, don't even look at anything other than the Saffire line, they are the biggest bang for your buck and absolutely dominate the Line 6 interfaces in sound quality, and everything else in driver stability.

Pretty much, if it says Focusrite, its amazing! The Saffire or the newer Scarlette series are the best out there.
Derpy Derp Derp Herp Derp
Well I'm glad I bought the UX1 now lol...

You can return stuff you bought online to guitar center right?

As far as features go the thing i really like more about that saffire is the midi input so I could hook my keyboard up to that too.
Guitars:
ESP Horizon NT-II
Ibanez RG370DXGP2
Some cheap Cort Acoustic

Amps:
Peavey Vypyr Tube 60

Effects:
Line 6 Pod HD500

Keyboard/Piano:
Last edited by Stringz of Fury at Jan 22, 2012,
Is the saffire really that much better or will the UX1 be fine? I mean I'm not just getting it for the pod farm I'm gonna try out all kinds of software I just want a way to record without latency.
Guitars:
ESP Horizon NT-II
Ibanez RG370DXGP2
Some cheap Cort Acoustic

Amps:
Peavey Vypyr Tube 60

Effects:
Line 6 Pod HD500

Keyboard/Piano:
The Saffire preamps are like night and day to the UX1, IMO. Plus, you get phantom power, so you can use condenser mics with it - You can't do that with the UX1.
Quote by Dave_Mc
Quote by jj1565

www.SanctityStudios.com
You can plug your guitar right into the Saffire 6 right? cause it looks like the 2 inputs are a combo of XLR and a normal 1/4" jack which is what I'm hoping cause I want to try out software like I said but I just want to be sure.

Also, do you have any other recommendations for something that has firewire or even usb 2.0 instead of USB 1.1? If it's slightly out of my budget that's ok.
Guitars:
ESP Horizon NT-II
Ibanez RG370DXGP2
Some cheap Cort Acoustic

Amps:
Peavey Vypyr Tube 60

Effects:
Line 6 Pod HD500

Keyboard/Piano:
Last edited by Stringz of Fury at Jan 23, 2012,
Yes, they are XLR/TRS combo jacks.

The only thing that's really a step up that close in your price range is the Saffire Pro 24, which you really only gain the ADAT expansion with over the Saffire 6.
Quote by Dave_Mc
Quote by jj1565

www.SanctityStudios.com
What about the Saffire Pro 14?
Guitars:
ESP Horizon NT-II
Ibanez RG370DXGP2
Some cheap Cort Acoustic

Amps:
Peavey Vypyr Tube 60

Effects:
Line 6 Pod HD500

Keyboard/Piano:
Last edited by Stringz of Fury at Jan 23, 2012,
Also, does anyone know if ASRock motherboards have the TI chipset for their firewire ports? Particularly the P67 extreme4 gen3 model?
Guitars:
ESP Horizon NT-II
Ibanez RG370DXGP2
Some cheap Cort Acoustic

Amps:
Peavey Vypyr Tube 60

Effects:
Line 6 Pod HD500

Keyboard/Piano:
I love my Sapphire
Now running an Eleven Rack with Pro Tools 10.3.3 - it's amazing and I'm having ball with it - worth every penny. PT 10 is tops IMO and the Eleven Rack is a work of art!
I took a chance on a used PreSonus Firebox for $100. Ended up being a great choice for me. If I were buying new I'd have gone with either the Saffire Pro 14 or the Saffire 6.
Stringz of Fury I am in this stage too. I am putting everything i need together to start making some recording There is this guide i came across

www.studiogearexperts.com  
I've personally had much luck with the Scarlette 2i2 but the model below that will do quite well too. I know Kevin Macleod from incomptech.com also has the 2i2 and enjoys it. Has not failed either of us in 2+ years