Hey, I am looking for a nice bass amp that can be heard over a loud drummer and band while we play small gigs. Needs to be 600$ or less. Any suggestions?

Also fyi I play mostly pop-punk and modern rock stuff. Sum 41, Blink 182, Radiohead etc..
Last edited by Astronaut321 at Jan 21, 2012,
Willing to go used?

Fender P-Bass would cover those genres nicely
Strauss!
"I am hitting my head against the walls, but the walls are giving way." - Gustav Mahler.

Quote by AeolianWolf
absolutely what will said

Yay, my first compliment!
Quote by will42
Willing to go used?

Fender P-Bass would cover those genres nicely

I was asking for an amp. Not a guitar, I already have one.
Anything will play pop punk.

Look for a used stuff and you could a sweet deal.
Quote by Astronaut321
I was asking for an amp. Not a guitar, I already have one.

And there in lies the problem with posting when i am about to sleep, and not reading anything.
Sorry.
I would agree with the hartke. Maybe a GK MB 200 or 500 depending on how loud you want to get.
Strauss!
"I am hitting my head against the walls, but the walls are giving way." - Gustav Mahler.

Quote by AeolianWolf
absolutely what will said

Yay, my first compliment!
Quote by Ippon
Used Ampeg SVT 3 Pro (hybrid) and Traynor YBA200 (tube head) are both below your budget.

With a cab?
Check out Carvins bass combo line. Made in the USA and very good quality. Also their Micro-Bass combo line.

http://www.carvinguitars.com/bassamps/basscombos.php
1981 G&L L 1000
Dean Razor NT5
Dean Hardtail 5
Dean Sledge Hammer 5 Ash
Dean Sledge Hammer 5 Mahogany
Dean Edge 1-5
Dean Edge Q-6 string
Dean Rhapsody 4
Axle Acoustic bass
MiniStar 5 string bass
Dean DOA Caddilac
Dean V-Wing acoustic
Quote by askrere
With a cab?

I picked up a SVT-3 Pro for about $475.00

If you can find a cheap cab, you would probably be able to make the budget.
GK 800rb.

Shoot.... i've played a TON of different amps and cabs over the years. I also play indie-pop/pop-punk. The trusty GK 800rb (and 400rb) has been the best of the bunch.

I've gone from a bevvy of old tube heads (Traynor, Earth, Sunn, Ampeg, Mesa and Orange) to Solid States (Sunn, Heartke, Peavey, Ashdown, Kustom, GK, Fender, Ampeg, and Genz Benz). I kept coming back to the GK 800rb... even forgoing it's more modern counterparts, like the 1200rb and 700rb.

I've used it with 1x15s, 2x15s, 4x10s, 6x10s, 8x10s, 1x18s and 4x12s and it's handled everything with ease.

After a huge sell-off recently, i decided that the only amps i need right now are the 800rb, 400rb (as back-up), and my Kustom200. I'm honestly not a fan of tube heads after many years trying to convince myself that they're so much better than solid states. I also don't like anything over 400w or so. Most of my cabs are old, and can only handle so many watts... the modern stuff severely limited which cabs i could use.

Also, the GK handles active AND passive AND 5 strings equally well.

So yep... find a used GK 800rb (or 400rb) and you'll be golden.
"Punk Rock should mean freedom, liking and accepting anything that you like, as sloppy as you want, as long as it's good and has passion."
Last edited by Din of Win at Jan 23, 2012,
Quote by Din of Win
I also play indie-poop/pop-punk.

Whats a good example of the indie-poop genre?
Quote by askrere
Whats a good example of the indie-poop genre?

That's what happens when you reply to these things in the bathroom on a phone.

I'm not snarky enough to wittily prattle off bands that i, personally don't like
"Punk Rock should mean freedom, liking and accepting anything that you like, as sloppy as you want, as long as it's good and has passion."
Quote by Banjocal
sht up u flthy librl foogit stfu u soo mad n butthurdt ur ass is an analpocolypse cuz ur so gay "my ass hrts so mcuh" - u. your rectally vexed n anlly angushed lolo go bck 2 asslnd lolol
Quote by rexherring
Check out Carvins bass combo line. Made in the USA and very good quality. Also their Micro-Bass combo line.

http://www.carvinguitars.com/bassamps/basscombos.php

This.
Or, Gallien Krueger makes some nice cheapish cabs, I have the 2x10 400w and its only 299 sounds great.
You could probably get a good Peavey or Carvin head and stay under 600. You might have to go used, but nothing wrong with that.