Anyone know if it is fine if I use a hardshell case as a stand for my new Ibanez S570DXQM ( excellent guitar by the way) or this just a bad idea because there is some possibility that the neck could warp, or should I just not worry at all. I haven't been able to get a stand yet and this is my only alternative for a while.
Colorado Avalanche
Roses Are Red, Violets Are Blue, Tits. =
Last edited by MileHighManiac at Jan 22, 2012,
Quote by jetfuel495
Are you talking about leaning it on the case standing up? Why not just keep it in the case when you're not playing it?

No, I mean keep it inside the case. It does sound like something that would work fine and all and I have seen many people do this with even the most vintage of guitars but I am in a very dry environment and I just changed the strings, truss rod, bridge height and every other little thing that I don't feel like naming off, and these adjustments can change overnight, as we have all learned the hard way. And I have already dealt with warping and truss rod issues with other guitars. I'm just worried that this can this screw with the neck and ruin this guitar that I just spent quite a bit (all of my) money on.
Colorado Avalanche
Roses Are Red, Violets Are Blue, Tits. =
um..... puttin it in the case is probaby the safest way of storage.

Your talking about leaning the case upright and leaving it open aren't you? I wouldn't do that, always close your case and latch it. I can not remember how many people I have seen break head stocks off by not latching a case.
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
a 10$ humidifier would be a good investment.

buy the ones that sit inside your case, and keep the guitar in its case when not in use.
Capitalization is the difference between "I helped my Uncle Jack off the horse" and "i helped my uncle jack off the horse"
Quote by stepchildusmc
either way your gonna need a big bucket... how you set it under the horse is up to you.
You neck is already under at least 100 pounds of pressure from your guitar strings, leaning the neck against something isn't going to warp the neck.