So, I consulted the forums and was told that buying Guitar Pro 6 would allow me to view TABs listed as "Guitar Pro." Makes sense to me...so I spend the $60 and try to open up a TAB. Well, it wants me to start some sort of trial. I won't open the file. What's the deal?

I was told I could submit TABs that I create in GP6 AND view TABs that are listed as "Guitar Pro." So far no luck. Can someone tell me what's up with this please?
Thanks...
Guitars:
Gibson SG
'96 Fender Strat
Ibanez AS120

Amps:
100w All tube 2x12 custom

Effects:
Electro-Harmonix Q-Tron
EP Boost
Fulltone OCD
Ibanez TS9
RAH OD
Strymon Lex
Timeline
TC Trinity
Wow, I think you must be the only person ever to buy GP6...
Anyway, can you manage to download the file? you have to scroll all the way down and click 'download "(Song)" guitar pro tab, written in red letters...
I fell asleep on my arm once, scariest thing that ever happened to me. I thought it was kill.
Yeah you clicked on UG's tab pro thing, click the button to download the gp file.
Quote by Lord Waltaa

My friend bought it, it was only like $40 though...

Quote by emad
jthm_guitarist
Warned for trolling!

Quote by metal4eva_22
Didn't you say that you had a stuffed fox that you would occasionally fuck?

Quote by Axelfox
It's not a fox,it's a wolf.
Last edited by jthm_guitarist at Jan 22, 2012,
Use the 'Guitar Pro' download button...inconveniently located near the very BOTTOM of the page of each individual song's page.
Quote by Lord Waltaa
Anyway, can you manage to download the file? you have to scroll all the way down and click 'download "(Song)" guitar pro tab, written in red letters...

Really? I am really liking the software. What are you getting at? Did I miss something? What are you using?
Guitars:
Gibson SG
'96 Fender Strat
Ibanez AS120

Amps:

Effects:
Electro-Harmonix Q-Tron
EP Boost
Fulltone OCD
Ibanez TS9
RAH OD
Strymon Lex
Timeline
TC Trinity
Quote by flavaham
Really? I am really liking the software.

In my opinion Guitar Pro 6 is better than version 5, except for drums / percussions maybe. And at least it crashes much less
Quote by flavaham
Well, it wants me to start some sort of trial.

Have you entered the key ?
I got it. Didn't realize there was a little "Download for Guitar Pro" button hidden at the bottom of the page. Haha.

I still don't quite get what Lord Waltaa was getting at, but, oh well. I like GP6. Works for me.
Guitars:
Gibson SG
'96 Fender Strat
Ibanez AS120

Amps:

Effects:
Electro-Harmonix Q-Tron
EP Boost
Fulltone OCD
Ibanez TS9
RAH OD
Strymon Lex
Timeline
TC Trinity
Quote by flavaham
I got it. Didn't realize there was a little "Download for Guitar Pro" button hidden at the bottom of the page. Haha.

I still don't quite get what Lord Waltaa was getting at, but, oh well. I like GP6. Works for me.

Glad you found it. I like GP6 WAAAAAAAYYYY more than any previous version. It's a very nice program, IMO.
----------------------
ESP LTD MH-417
ESP LTD EC-400
POD X3 Live
Randall RG100SC
Boss HM-2